Anybody have an opinion on which one they think is better? I have not tried Verizon yet but I just installed Telenav for my Storm. So far it works really well. Im curious to know if Verizon's is better or pretty much the same as Telenav?
    01-13-09 01:26 PM
    I love VZNavigator but hated having to pay a monthly fee, that's why I went with the Garmin app. If you are set on Telenav or VZNavigator, both of which charge 9.99 monthly, then just test them out and see which you prefer. VZNavigator gives you one month free, so give it a run and see which is better for you.
    01-13-09 01:28 PM
    I posted this thread here becuase I want to know how these work in regards to the Storm. Thanks!
    01-13-09 01:29 PM
    I loved it on my storm before I switched back to the curve. I travel alot and it was quick and accurate. I used telenav a few years back and didnt really like it. It. You will have to find out what best works for you with the area you are in.

Good Luck
    01-13-09 01:33 PM
    VZNavigator is the best better then that crap tom tom or anything eles you can pay as you go with it if you use it for a road trip you only have to pay 10 bucks for it and you get it for the month then call up and say i dont ned it and its done
    01-13-09 01:38 PM
    Vz nav is pretty sweet for what it is. Download it when you need it and delete it when you don't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 01:47 PM
    Vz nav is pretty sweet for what it is. Download it when you need it and delete it when you don't.

This is off-topic from the original question, but simple deletion does not necessarily result in no charges. Some users have reported that once VZNAV is activated, and you go past your trial, the monthly fee will apply unless you contact VZW to cancel. Deletion from the Storm may not be enough to stop the monthly fee.
    01-13-09 02:09 PM

So if you delete the app, does it automatically remove the feature on your calling plan? Thus, not being billed? I know Verizon will prorate it if you only use it for a several days but the hassle of calling them and adding/removing features is unbearable to me. If VZ Nav is automatically added to your plan when you install the program, and automatically removed when you uninstall... I'm on it.

*** OOPS. DIDN'T READ THE THREAD COMPLETELY ***
    Last edited by wangster; 01-13-09 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Someone posted the answer already
    01-13-09 02:29 PM
    I personally like VZ Nav a lot. However the lack of an all inclusive package and having to pay for it seperately each moth is likely going to push me towards the Garmin app.
    01-13-09 02:42 PM
    I use telenav and enjoy it hasnt failed me yet. My and I were headed out to the lake for a weekend and Telenav was the only one that had the lakehouse address on the map. All of my searches have been on point. First month was free and $9.99 a month.
    01-13-09 02:47 PM
    I have used VzNav and the Garmin app, as well as having a Garmin GPS for the truck. I switched the VzNav in the truck from my Garmin andn never looked back when I had the Voyager. With the Storm I tried the Garmin app, but I just like VzNav better. IMO, a lot better.
    For those that want to get rid of the billing for VzNav, all you have to do is create an account (my Account) and you can modify your plan on-line. It's not a big deal. I've been doing for quite awhile. You can add or delete items without having to call VzW. Just my 2 cents.
    01-13-09 03:03 PM
    For me it's not the fact that I have to call VZW CS it's the fact that they don't have a packace that includes everything together at a bit of a discounted price like they had for the Voyager. I have an issue with having to go a la carte so to speak...
    01-13-09 03:21 PM
    I'm using both at the same time. They are both good. Telenav is prettier, but it is not as detailed. For example, If you are on a highway, and your exit has an "A and B" exit, it won't notify you of which one to use. VZ Nav will distinguish between the A and B exit. The other thing is, when you look something up with telenav, it gives the wrong phone number. I spoke with telenav about these issues, and they say they are known issues that they are working on. Other than that, they are both great services.
    01-13-09 04:30 PM
    Both have free demos, try both. I think Telenav is a better made application.
    01-13-09 04:32 PM
    This is off-topic from the original question, but simple deletion does not necessarily result in no charges. Some users have reported that once VZNAV is activated, and you go past your trial, the monthly fee will apply unless you contact VZW to cancel. Deletion from the Storm may not be enough to stop the monthly fee.
    Guess I didnt clarify by saying delete. To delete prperly either use your vzw.com or call customer service to delete without future charges.
    01-13-09 04:52 PM
    I use Telenav...... As a loyal TomTom user I can't stand the interface on Garmin.... When I had my LG Voyager I subscribed to VZ nav, It was good but not great. My money is with telenav, the interface is (tomtom like) and very clean. I also like the option where the program can call an automated service that you tell the address to and it sends it right to the phone. Nice for when you are driving. P.S. to the OP, the VZ Nav does not look like the telenav, it's a cut down basic setup..at least it was on my old voyager...hope this helps
    Last edited by mindchatter; 01-13-09 at 05:09 PM.
    01-13-09 05:06 PM
    I haven't used telenav but i do use the vz nav and it works great plus i have a unlocked storm so i don't pay that 9.99 that the others are talking about well i hope i don't haven't got my bill yet
    01-13-09 07:42 PM
    I was under the influence that VZ Nav was either a 9.99 monthly fee or a pay per use at 2.99. Is that wrong?
    01-13-09 07:52 PM
    I love Garmin a lot. Not as fully functional as a standalone unit but with google search it adds a whole new element that the standalone can't...eh... stand up to. Got it online $80 for being a blackberry lounge member, which I am not but the link didn't ask me to verify. Imo it beats a monthly fee. Also it is in my pocket anywhere I go, my car, or a friends.
    01-13-09 08:21 PM
    I haven't used telenav but i do use the vz nav and it works great plus i have a unlocked storm so i don't pay that 9.99 that the others are talking about well i hope i don't haven't got my bill yet
    Let me know how that works out for you. if I get VZ Nav for free then I may have to consider unlocking my Storm...
    01-13-09 08:43 PM
    I've used telenav for many a years ... and love the product. I first started using it on my 7520 for a year or so then I got the 8830 and used it then as well ... Now with the storm, the applications capabilities change from different devices and I've seen this across 3 phones ... It just keeps getting better.

I'm the kind of person that lives in southern cali and has a daily commute of 150 miles a day. I live on the freeway and anything I can do to cut down on road time I'll give it a chance. On my 8830, google maps works and the traffic color coding was ok but not accurate. On our storms, its basically crap and still not accurate with the trafic status.

I canceld my telenav on the 8830 and tried it on the storm. I was impressed with the improvment. The main thing I use telenav on my storm is for "Maps/Traffic" ... I have a dash holder and car adapter for the storm so Its basically a nav system that gives incredibly accurate traffic conditions that auto refreshes every 4 seconds ... well at least here in the Los Angeles area. The only bad thing on "Maps/Traffic" is that the screen doesn't auto center as you move so you have to slide the screen every so often to see whats up ahead.

Hope this helps
    01-15-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD