Does anybody else have problems with Voice Dial (Nuance software)? The problems I have had:

Freezes trying to load contacts.
    Freezes after a command is given.
    The program continues to run in background and drains battery. Cannot see that it is running in menu.

Did a search on the forum and could not find any topic on this problem.
    07-19-09 01:52 PM
    Nope, voice dial has always worked great for me.
    07-19-09 04:07 PM
    Nope, voice dial has always worked great for me.
    Hmm... I found many complaints when I googled but no fixes other than a battery pull. The new official Verizon system release was also suppose to fix.
    07-20-09 01:11 PM
    Use voice dial everyday with my blue tooth. Never have seen your symptoms. If I'm out in the field, I will be dialing and receiving numerous calls. Might try verifying all of your contact entries are good (i.e. no bad characters, all editable, etc.). Worse case, delete and reload/sync your contacts.
    Sorry
    07-20-09 01:23 PM
    Will check. Thanks.
    07-20-09 01:44 PM
    Wait, how do you know it continues to run in the BG if you can't see it in the menu?

Apologies in advance if I misread your original post.
    07-20-09 06:20 PM
    Well it is kind of guessing on my part.

1) You do not get the termination sound.
    2) If you select it again, it says "The System is busy"
    3) It drains the battery quickly.

Sometimes it does terminate and their is a message " An Error Occurred ". I have not been able to determine the time period.
    07-21-09 12:50 AM
    I got the same thing. I knew voice dialling is running cause my battery is drained so damn fast.. and when i tried playing a music, it says voice dialing is activated. I even removed the shortcut on the leftside of the blackberry. But it still initiates on its own..
    02-11-10 11:33 AM
    I am also upset. This happens about once a month. All of a sudden, the Nuance program will not initialize and then drains my battery even though is only on standby waiting for calls. So in about 3 hrs, my phone is dead. The folks at Verizon are like deer in headlights and offer no solution other than my phone is gone and can't be repaired. But...in 4 as or one week later, the phone works again. What the hay?
    Just angry than no answers for this exist with them or on the web.
    OH...my phone also won't ring either?????? Just tells me I have a missed call.
    I am switching Carriers and dumping my stupid Blackberry in 2 months when my contract expires. Tired of the lack of indifference from both of those companies. Take the money and pretty says tough to you.
    05-21-12 10:23 PM
    OH...Don't listen to folks telling you that your contact list is to blame. People have no problem offering advice on an action that causes you to waste lots of valuable time on just dumb guess.
    05-21-12 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD