I was told my storm was running slow because I forget to close out applications when i am done (instead I hit the red key). I have gotten better at remembering to close the application, but is there a way to check and see what is running in the background? Thanks.
    09-15-09 02:22 PM
    Simple. Just push and hold down the blackberry button. They will all pop up.
    09-15-09 02:24 PM
    there will always be 4 or 5 programs running -- home, phone, messages, browser, and blackberry messenger (if you have it installed). you can try until you die, you won't close those programs.
    09-15-09 02:32 PM
    Wow that's what those are. Thank for the info. I thought it was some sort of quick launch or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 03:50 PM
    I highly suggest buying MeterBerry. It is an easy way to see how much memory you have and what has leaked. Also you can set it to do a reset every day at a specific time so you can start the day with all your memory available.

I have no financial interest in the company just my $.02.
    09-17-09 01:55 AM
    There are also some 3rd party apps (Mobi Pocket Reader comes to mind) that run in the background all the time. If you don't want them to be running you can do the following:

Hold down BB Button to get running apps list
    Open the running app by clicking on it
    Once the app is up click on BB Button to bring up the Menu
    Choose Show Keyboard
    Click on Shift Key (aA) and type a capital Q
    Bye Bye app (of course it will restart after a battery pull or soft reset.
    09-17-09 02:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD