For the past two weeks, the SiriusXM app on my Storm 2 has been repeating about 30 seconds of audio over and over, on any station. I have reinstalled it from the Sirius website, uninstalled it and reinstalled again, logged out and back in many times, and same issue.

The app is still available for download on their site, so you would think they are still supporting it, even for us old Storm2 users. Calling Sirius XM does not help.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve the repeating or looping audio issue?
    10-09-13 10:53 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

I work closely with the mobile team at SiriusXM and can shine some light on this. The SiriusXM (USA and Canada) BlackBerry products have been shut down for OS 6 (and earlier) devices. Your app is more than likely still able to sign in, but is playing cached data. The app works by downloading 30 second to 1 minute chunks of audio and playing them in order. When it can't download a new chunk, it plays the old chunk over again. As the audio server's for this app were shut down months ago, you're more than likely playing cached data.

I will reach out to the teams and see if logging in can be disabled to prevent further people from having this issue all together.
    10-09-13 10:11 PM
    The app is working again. I certainly would not recommend asking SiriusXM to stop offering the service to us Storm users. We pay for and enjoy having the service on the phone. they should just keep it working as it is now.
    10-10-13 11:10 AM
    Unfortunately the decision was made in June to shut down the BlackBerry app in stages. I'm going to look into this. Your app shouldn't be working.
    10-10-13 11:50 AM