Has anyone noticed a memory leak with this app? The longer my phone is locked, the more it leaks. Usually it's between 5-15mb per hour with no other apps running. Before locking, mem is steady above 40. I saw a thread with others having same problem. Any plans to fix?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes very much so! I have been trying some other solutions to a possible memory leak but it was still happening. I believe now that it is pattern lock and I think this program is great no doubt! When the day is done I have to do a reboot on my phone so my memory will go back up from 3mb. I have the latest version on Pattern lock and running OS .148. Does anyone know of a solutuion for this leak?
    08-12-09 05:44 PM
    Normally I reboot to 39 megs and it drops down to 29 megs over time.

I deleted PatternLock to give the new BB Slider a try.

I did not try BB Slider, or reinstall PatternLock and now I reboot to 39 megs
    and it drops only to 34 megs over time.
    The app is cool and I like it. But now I am debating on the re-install.
    08-13-09 06:37 AM
    Its not recognizing my backup file on my SD card

I had the same problem. They seem to save fine to the internal memory, though.
    08-13-09 08:15 AM
    Is there a way to turn off the app without deleting it? I followed the suggestion on the OP and when I lock my phone, patternlock still activates.
    08-13-09 10:54 AM
    Pattern Lock hasn't affected my application memory much. It depends on your OS IMO. Ever since I've been running hybrids, I can run multiple applications and my memory doesn't go below 40MB and if I don't run any application whatsoever, I stay over 45MB. Once Pattern Lock is activated, I go down 0.4MB max. It all depends I guess.
    08-13-09 04:29 PM
    PL works fine on 5.0. The only problem I have had with it is sometimes getting a email and the phone in my holster will sometimes make the screen lock up?

08-13-09 04:35 PM
    Ive noticed whenever I go out, like bar, lounge or club, the heat from the room makes it virtually impossible for me to unlock the phone. Even if I put the proper code in
    08-13-09 06:31 PM
    Is there a way to turn off the app without deleting it? I followed the suggestion on the OP and when I lock my phone, patternlock still activates.
    To disable autolocking, set the autolock time to "Never" and don't have it autostart on startup. If you don't want it to activate when pressing the lock key, then set the "assign to lock key" to no.
    08-13-09 06:43 PM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but this is the easiest fix in the world if you have a patternlock pattern that you forgot...

Call the phone that is locked from a different phone, answer it on the locked phone, from there click the home screen, then goto options>PatternLock> Reset Pattern...

Why has this not been mentioned?!
    09-24-09 06:05 PM
    Is anyone running this with .230? It works, but it seems like I get random lock ups with Patternlock, screen goes fuzzy and you can see the lock screen. Weird, any fix in sight? I've switched back to be Berryslider for now, I want to go back to Patternlock!!
    09-24-09 06:17 PM
    Is anyone running this with .230? It works, but it seems like I get random lock ups with Patternlock, screen goes fuzzy and you can see the lock screen. Weird, any fix in sight? I've switched back to be Berryslider for now, I want to go back to Patternlock!!
    I have Patternlock on 5.0 and it works fine.
    09-24-09 07:15 PM
    I have Patternlock on 5.0 and it works fine.
    I don't why it locked up on me then, I've installed and uninstalled several times...
    09-24-09 11:37 PM
    Did you do a battery pull when you installed it? Check your settings too
    09-24-09 11:47 PM
    Yeah, did battery pulls, settings are fine, I've been using the prog ever since it was first released. I've never had problems until I updated to .190, and it continued with .230
    09-25-09 12:14 AM
    Yeah, did battery pulls, settings are fine, I've been using the prog ever since it was first released. I've never had problems until I updated to .190, and it continued with .230
    Uninstall and reinstall. Did you wipe before you loaded each new OS?
    09-25-09 01:17 AM
    Uninstall and reinstall. Did you wipe before you loaded each new OS?
    Yeah I always wipe before I do an OS upgrade...I have been just restoring my settings though...I'm having a hard time getting Patternlock back now. I had 2 Mobiand accounts, and I asked Mobihand to merge my accounts...Seems like they just deleted my account that I purchased Patternlock with...I emailed them, I'm waiting for a response now.
    09-25-09 07:40 AM
    Yeah I always wipe before I do an OS upgrade...I have been just restoring my settings though...I'm having a hard time getting Patternlock back now. I had 2 Mobiand accounts, and I asked Mobihand to merge my accounts...Seems like they just deleted my account that I purchased Patternlock with...I emailed them, I'm waiting for a response now.
    I am facing problems with Patternlock especially when im running the high leak versions. My screen at times goes fuzzy especially when switching between Portrait and Landscape (I usually set the program to display in Portrait only). My fix is that i set it to use both screen modes and it worked fine since. I do not like this setting, but thats the only way i get this cool app properly running.
    09-29-09 07:05 AM
    Did you disable compatibility mode?
    09-29-09 09:55 AM
    Did you disable compatibility mode?
    Yes, of course the compatibility mode is disabled. Ever since I ran the program on both landscape and portrait setting my screen has not gone fuzzy and i am runnin the app as smoothly as ever
    09-30-09 04:54 AM
    When I take a call and the screen lock turns on everything seems to be working, however when I hang up the phone and the cancel the lock, the screen stays very dim and doesn't go back to the regular brightness. How do you fix this?
    10-02-09 02:26 PM
    I am facing problems with Patternlock especially when im running the high leak versions. My screen at times goes fuzzy especially when switching between Portrait and Landscape (I usually set the program to display in Portrait only). My fix is that i set it to use both screen modes and it worked fine since. I do not like this setting, but thats the only way i get this cool app properly running.
    I'm having the same problem, it seems me it's because i have it "LOCKED" to portrait mode.
    10-03-09 09:54 AM
    so i had this app for about 2 months and i decided just recently to stop using it, i just grew a little tired of it, but it is a great app.

heres the problem, since i stopped using it, my battery life has improved drastically, to the extent where with patternlock on i was getting <8 hours, i could barely use it for a day, and i never really thought about it because of how bad the battery is anyways, but now im getting more than 15 hours, i could go two days without charging which was unheard of before.

as well as that, my memory has improved as well.

not saying exactly patternlock was causing those problems, but its the only thing ive changed on my phone, i did upgrade to 5.232 about a week after.

so heres what im thinking, was i using patterlock wrong? i had it set to dim after a couple seconds, and even on standby without turning the screen on all day, it would be dead?

any ideas?
    10-28-09 03:52 PM
    Any idea why patternlock doesnt work on my newly updated .328? I have it set to lock on lock key doesnt do it, doesnt do it on blacklight timeout or anything.
    10-29-09 09:56 AM
    ^ I am having the same problem. Never happened before until .328
    10-29-09 02:27 PM
    I seem to be having the same issue after I upgraded to 328. The phone locks up on me when I take it out of the holster and a battery pull is all that fixes it. I just switched to landscape and portrait mode so I will see if that helps. Hope we can get an update. It's been a while.
    11-05-09 08:19 AM
103 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD