06-24-13 08:38 AM
48 12
tools
    As a note to help several CB users here.. in several states *77 (aka *SP) is a direct line to your State Police dispatch. I would double-check to see if it was in your state before trying this 'tip'.
    07-07-09 03:32 PM
    *77 not working on Bell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 04:46 PM
    How do you use *77?
    07-14-09 12:19 PM
    Very simple. Go to youmail.com and sign up for free. You can now control what happens when blocked and/or private numbers call you. With me they hear a custom mp3 that I uploaded.
    does this work for Australian carriers?
    07-14-09 08:24 PM
    Very simple. Go to youmail.com and sign up for free. You can now control what happens when blocked and/or private numbers call you. With me they hear a custom mp3 that I uploaded.
    I have a question. I went into YouMail settings but the option under greetings it gives me is for Blocked caller id and Unknown calls... Is there not a way to block "private" numbers?? Thanks for your help!
    11-04-09 09:02 AM
    [QUOTE=SD.Norm;1353371]What's funny about that is part of their silly they have the ability to it is part of the "usage controls" for kids to stop them from calling numbers or for numbers to call them and they make you pay $4.99 a month for it. It silly they say they can't I am considering confronting them on that one.

[/QUOTE

The difference between using the usage control to block numbers and what the OP wants is with usage control.. you know the number you want to block.. if it shows up as a pvt number you don't know it so therefore can't block it.
    11-04-09 09:13 AM
    That is true, but I think the catch here is that if you call Verizon and ask them to block a certain number (non-private) on your cell line, they will tell you that they cannot do that. They state they don't have that capability like a land line does to block numbers. Then they try to sell you this "kid control" crap which obviously has that very same ability. Nice bait and switch tactic. Someone does need to confront them with this. If you ask me, it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Come on, a phone company that can't block certain numbers from calling you? Give me a break! It's 2009, you're telling me Verizon can't block a phone number?
    they can block a number if you know it.. but if it's restricted by the caller... how the **** do you know it.. all it shows is private number.. you don't actually see the number so you don't know which number to block
    11-04-09 09:17 AM
    I can't block numbers, but I can make sure I never answer them. What I do is put the number in my address book, and name it "Do not answer." Then change the custom ring for that number to "Mute". I wish I could block the number, but since I can't, this has been the best solution I could think of.
    This works if you know the number.. but if it's listed as private number.. or restricted then how can this work?
    11-04-09 09:22 AM
    This works if you know the number.. but if it's listed as private number.. or restricted then how can this work?
    Caller ID blocking only prevents presenting the number on the called phone; the info is always available to the network. This was by design, specifically so that various features would work even if the caller uses the CID blocking. This includes things like returning the last call, or selective blocking of particular callers. For example, on my at&t landline, you can tell it to call back the last caller, or add it to your block list, even if you don't know the number since it was CID blocked. Obviously, if a feature is being done by an application on the phone, this doesn't help, but it works fine when done by the network.

Years ago, cellular networks were second-class citizens in the phone network (they connected sort of like big PBX systems rather than phone company peers), so certain features were not available, but now they are just as capable as any landline provider. So there is really no excuse for them to not offer any feature that you can get on your landline phone, such as blocking calls that are "private" (CID blocked).

For the same reason, the comment on the VZW Web site about In-Network being available on incoming calls only if the caller does not block CID is meaningless. I have plenty of calls on my bills which are marked "IN" and "<private>".
    11-04-09 12:45 PM
    Just use trapcall..find out who it is and then beat them..
    11-04-09 12:51 PM
    On the Mobihand website and I believe BB AppWorld there is a program for like 3 bucks called Call Blocker Pro. With it you can block private and blocked calls. I used it for a while and it worked great for me.
    11-04-09 01:45 PM
    In crackberry appstore it is called "callsblocker" IT IS FREE (it is not very user friendly and at first it didn't work but after a bit of toying with permissions and such it works flawlessly). It doesn't stop them from recording a message however. Thats where YouMail comes into play and you can prevent blocked numbers from recording messages and record your own "personal" greetings for them!!!
    11-04-09 05:04 PM
    I have had the same problem with my verizon phone. Today I tried using youmail.com and it works GREAT. I still dont know who keeps on calling me private but now it rings I hit ignore and they hear "the person you are calling does not accept private calls goodbye" and it hangs up on them. I love it.
    02-02-10 12:27 AM
    I have had the same problem with my verizon phone. Today I tried using youmail.com and it works GREAT. I still dont know who keeps on calling me private but now it rings I hit ignore and they hear "the person you are calling does not accept private calls goodbye" and it hangs up on them. I love it.

You can always change your number. LMAO
    02-08-10 10:22 AM
    You would think RIM would have a native app for this already.
    02-08-10 10:55 AM
    ADDONIS program has this feature. Has caller firewall options. You can block any number, also has the option to block both private and unknown numbers globally.

Good friggin program right there. definitely helps me out daily. Also has some great features like logging every call to your calendar.
    02-08-10 01:11 PM
    ADDONIS program has this feature. Has caller firewall options. You can block any number, also has the option to block both private and unknown numbers globally.

Good friggin program right there. definitely helps me out daily. Also has some great features like logging every call to your calendar.
    Is it free?
    02-08-10 01:47 PM
    Is it free?
    nope, $10

but check out the massive amount of features and see if it is worth your wallet. definitely was for me

AddOnis - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    02-08-10 04:19 PM
    Sad thing with these programs is if you are on the phone talking, they don't work.

AddonIs is a GREAT program. Loved it when I ran Blackberries.
    03-22-10 09:14 PM
    Usage controls can't block "restricted" calls. "Confront" them and you'll get the same response.

Um snowgimp you obviously don't have any clue what the heck you are talking about, I have usage controls on my kids lines and you can block all private calls from coming in. Check your facts before you post something!
    09-24-11 12:49 AM
    i keep getting crank calls from a private number. is there a way to block these calls?

unblocks blocked callerid and private numbers, Provides Advanced phone number lookup, Blacklists callers, Record phone calls on the clod, Voicemail Transactions, Suports carrier voicemail (for ATT and T-Mobile) and email voicemail in mp3 format. Packages starting at $2.99 per month

https://www.callunblock.com
    06-24-13 08:33 AM
    unblocks blocked callerid and private numbers, Provides Advanced phone number lookup, Blacklists callers, Record phone calls on the clod, Voicemail Transactions, Suports carrier voicemail (for ATT and T-Mobile) and email voicemail in mp3 format. Packages starting at $2.99 per month

06-24-13 08:37 AM

06-24-13 08:38 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD