For all of you Firefighter's, EMT's, Law Enforcement Officers or just plain Buffs, here you go. I kept thinking there was a way to circumvent the BB Scanner app, and I have found it. If you own a storm, this is the way to go. I am a Professional Firefighter in the city of Indianapolis so I find this beneficial. Open your Web Browser on your Storm. Go to the following address and select your area. I have to put it this way: radio reference.com/apps/db. You may have to install the Map reader, I don't know,. I went to the page directly from my computer and found Indianapolis. After I found the page I needed I went to it on my Storm. On my storm I had to choose WINAMP for the player selection. After doing that it opens up in my media player on my storm and has been running fine ever sense. If you have Verizon like I do you already pay a monthly access fee so why pay more to download an app when you can just do it this way? Good Luck and have fun.
    10-21-09 01:13 AM
    isn't bb scanner free?
    10-21-09 01:17 AM
    Only for a limited time, then you have to pay 2 or 3 bucks to purchase the app.
    10-21-09 02:18 AM
    Good find!

I tried it and cannot get any audio. I found everything, just like described. But how do I tell my phone to play a band/callsign/or whatever?

Thanks in advance.

lol.. nevermind. Found it. Thanks again for the find.
    10-21-09 09:47 AM
    Nice... Me like... Thanks for sharing!
    10-21-09 11:07 AM
    Wow...why pay $3 for a user friendly program and help support someone else's way of life. Why wouldn't you just use your provided radio...that's what I do. I guess police officers have different standards then firefighters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 01:20 PM
    Lol@professional firefighter also

10-21-09 01:21 PM
    i cant get this to work..

anyone else on 9530 5.0 230 or higher please walk me through this

i went to that web address. keep saying no to flash 8.0 (since we cant anyway) but never see any winamp links that I can open up in my city.. on the website it had them i think

thanks.. we can use different city in your example so u are sure it works.

-murph
    10-21-09 03:48 PM
    Its RR Mobile I think. And I wasn't a fan of the app a while ago, but he's added enough features to make it worth the 3 bucks.

10-21-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD