Here's the deal. I got a Tour from a seller off eBay and it's programmed with a number I wanna remove. I don't have the MSL code so I can't do it and, since I live in Europe I'm not on Sprint, therefore they won't give me the bloody number. I tried explaining them but NO. How can I convince them? I mean, god damn it I paid for the phone and I own it! I don't wanna pay a hundred bucks to CDMA Workshop, nor do I wanna pay to have it. The phone is mine and I have every right to get the code.
    Last edited by GeorgeRussos; 06-21-11 at 10:26 AM.
    06-21-11 10:22 AM
    Do you have the phone in your possession, if so then you got what you paid for. Since you are not a customer of Sprint they have no obligation and even less desire to assist you. As for your "right", you also have the right to obtain the MEP code from any means available other than the carrier as they already indicated they will not provide it.
    06-21-11 05:10 PM
    You have no rights, since you did not purchase the phone from the carrier, as far as the carrier is concerned.

Your best bet and the quickest way is to obtain the unlock code from one of several vendors who will do this for you for a small fee. Sometimes, they run 'specials' here as well.
    06-23-11 10:50 AM
    Face it, no amount of threats, complaints, or begging will get them to give you the MSL. I tried several programs to get the MSL off my Bold 9650 but nothing worked. Eventually, I just broke down and paid $5 via paypal to Welcome - Quick Fix Cellular - Cell Phone Repair Chandler AZ I know it sounds stupid to have to pay someone 5 bucks for something you should have gotten but in the end I thought 5 dollars was worth it. I got the MSL within a few hours and it worked. Since your on a GSM network you don't really need it to make anything work on the CDMA side. But I too was driven insane by the incorrect number being in there, and after 4 attempts in talking to Sprint they wouldn't do anything to help me. All the programs including CDMA tools won't pull the MSL off a blackberry. In reality, the hours I spent researching and trying to get the MSL were a waste and I should have gone straight to Welcome - Quick Fix Cellular - Cell Phone Repair Chandler AZ

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by jake_870; 06-23-11 at 06:57 PM. Reason: spelling
    jiffy247 likes this.
    06-23-11 06:55 PM
    Odd, I've always found it very easy to get my MSL when I had phones other than Androids, which when rooted, you can download an app that gives you the MSL. I would simply call Sprint tech and say that I was told by a CS rep that my data needed to be provisioned, and they told me I had to press something like ##3282# and follow some directions but they transferred me to tech support. They will walk you through, when they gave me my MSL I would "drop" the call, oops.
    06-25-11 12:38 AM
    Odd, I've always found it very easy to get my MSL when I had phones other than Androids, which when rooted, you can download an app that gives you the MSL. I would simply call Sprint tech and say that I was told by a CS rep that my data needed to be provisioned, and they told me I had to press something like ##3282# and follow some directions but they transferred me to tech support. They will walk you through, when they gave me my MSL I would "drop" the call, oops.
    Yea but i'm assuming your a sprint subscriber with an active account. They wont even entertain the idea of helping someone who's not a subscriber, its their policy.
    06-25-11 12:45 AM
    Indeed, I am. The other way to get MSL is by using CDMA Workshop. Works great and if you know what you're doing, you can tweak some cool stuff on your phone.
    07-08-11 12:22 AM
    I tried using a trial version of CDMA tools to get the MSL off a BB and it didn't work. It just gave errors. Altho, all the other features seemed to work. They also have a feature that will generate an MSL using the MEID/ESN, but its not available in the trial version.
    07-08-11 05:03 PM
  9. T
    Eventually, I just broke down and paid $5 via paypal to Welcome - Quick Fix Cellular - Cell Phone Repair Chandler AZ I know it sounds stupid to have to pay someone 5 bucks for something you should have gotten but in the end I thought 5 dollars was worth it. I got the MSL within a few hours and it worked ... All the programs including CDMA tools won't pull the MSL off a blackberry. In reality, the hours I spent researching and trying to get the MSL were a waste and I should have gone straight to Welcome - Quick Fix Cellular - Cell Phone Repair Chandler AZ
    How do those companies do it?
    07-09-11 05:51 PM
  10. T
    Ah, never mind. I see in your previous post there's another version of the program that will do it.
    07-09-11 05:53 PM
    Ah, never mind. I see in your previous post there's another version of the program that will do it.
    Yup, they ask for your MEID and the MSL is generated using an algorithm.
    07-09-11 06:03 PM
    Where or who gave or sold you your phone? You must deal with the person you purchased your phone from, I had to deal with the same situation, MEP codes only unlock the config or provision for any carrier to program, there is and always be a good unlock or not, lastly, is your phone unlocked (free from default settings the previous carrier integrated into the phone)Usually a phone that is unlocked you can use with any carrier in the world as long as the IMEI number isnt dirty.
    12-03-13 06:09 PM
    I tried some advice I remember reading elsewhere once before that worked for me. I got the MSL for my Q10 by simply telling them that I planned on traveling internationally and want to be able to use my phone overseas. Total crock of course because I just make my bills and I can't even travel out of state. But whether or not you need it doesn't mean you don't want it anyway right? It worked for me anyway.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    12-18-13 10:13 PM
    Tell them you need to go into the network settings and they will give you the msl.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD