I have searched the forums and have been unable to find anyone with a similar situation. Here goes...I live in a non-evdo Sprint area and generally have a fairly strong (multiple signal bars) 1X signal. On occasion if I drop to a weak signal (1 or 2 bars) my connection will change to an EVDO signal. This does appear to be a true EVDO signal as I can access the web and get noticeably faster speeds. My question(s) is/are: Why does this happen? Why does it not happen all the time? Is there a way to make it happen all the time? How I'm getting EVDO, if according to Sprint it's not available in my area?

Sorry about the lengthy post, but would really like to know. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 05:34 PM
    The same thing happens to me. I too live in a non EVDO area. The reason is when your sprint 1X signal fades, Your blackberry goes into roaming and picks up a verizon,alltel,etc. signal that is EVDO(3G) in your area. When the sprint signal comes back, so does 1X. Kinda sucks. I live about 75 miles from a good sprint EVDO(3G) signal.
    08-06-09 06:16 PM
    Thanks Big Kiwini. I never thought of that, but that makes perfect sense. You're right it does suck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD