Soo I really want to upgrade to a tour, BUT I can't until Febuary but there might still be hope....I was thinking that, since I'm on an account with dad and step mom and they aren't goin to use their upgrade so I was wondering if Sprint would let me use one of theirs? Does anybody kno if that would work? Does it even make sence to anyone but me? LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 09:46 AM
    I've done it with Verizon. However, I called them first before I went into a store. Since it appears you are on your parents account I would have them call instead of you, unless you know the secret password/hand shake.
    09-08-09 09:56 AM
    Ya I kno the answer to the secret question lol...so this is possible? That's great I'll have to give them a call!! Do I talk to just any CS or do I have to talk to a certain department?

09-08-09 09:58 AM
    I am going to move this thread to the Sprint Forum. I'm also going to retitle it. Remember....

....to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    09-08-09 10:21 AM
    Thank you sir

09-08-09 10:28 AM
    Anyone else have any experience with this?

09-08-09 12:53 PM
    did this with no problem. bought on line 1, activated on line 2. never got a rebate, but only paid 200 for the phone when it first came out.
    09-08-09 01:38 PM
    But will it renew their contract and not mine? Cuz that's something I need to avoid because as soon as their contract is up their switching carriers

09-08-09 01:59 PM
    Good to see we have another one of these "I have to have a Tour right now so I'm going to think of anyway imaginable to get one"...for god sakes when will this silliness end....

09-08-09 02:05 PM
    Good to see we have another one of these "I have to have a Tour right now so I'm going to think of anyway imaginable to get one"...for god sakes when will this silliness end....

When everyone gets what they want, regardless of contracts. In a perfect world.
    09-08-09 07:15 PM
    Tatersalad, yes it renews the contract for whichever line you use to upgrade to get your phone. It does not renew your contract.

09-09-09 07:29 AM
    From what I understand, if you purchase from Sprint you have to leave the phone on the line for 30 days before switching to your line in order to get the rebate. If you purchase from Best Buy you get the rebate instantly and can switch whenever you want.
    09-10-09 11:06 AM
    Ya I got it all figured out I went to Best Buy and talked to my friend that works there and it looks like I'm waiting until Febuary...oh well

Thank you to all of you that actually helped

09-10-09 11:13 AM
    i have done this a few times. You can even argue the rebate mail in. I got my curve this way. You may also check if you are a premeir customer that can upgrade earlier.
    09-10-09 01:04 PM
    Ya I am a premier costomer that's why upgrade is in Febuary 2010 NOT 2011 lol

09-10-09 01:13 PM
    yea you can do it i do it every so often because all the phones are under my name but i have 3 lines. just be sure its aight that your renewing there contracts.
    09-11-09 06:11 PM
    Lol thanks but uhh did u even read the other posts?

09-11-09 06:34 PM
    Lol thanks but uhh did u even read the other posts?

Dude...I am in the exact same possession...I hate waiting. especially when every one around you has it...happy waiting.
    09-19-09 12:53 AM
    I have done this several times when on my account. I have 5 phones on the account and when one comes up for a discount, I order the new phone for that line and when it comes in, I call Sprint and have them activate it for the line I actually wanted it for. I have never had a problem with that, or with getting the rebate. However, I have only done it with online purchases, not retail.
    09-19-09 10:30 PM
    me and my wife did this for me to get the curve and for her to get the tour. looks like i got the short end of the stick huh? lol
    yes it works, but you have to have a sales person that knows what they're doing. explain nicely what you want done and see if they'll tell sprint what they want done.
    09-21-09 01:36 AM
    I have done this several times when on my account. I have 5 phones on the account and when one comes up for a discount, I order the new phone for that line and when it comes in, I call Sprint and have them activate it for the line I actually wanted it for. I have never had a problem with that, or with getting the rebate. However, I have only done it with online purchases, not retail.
    And you weren't charged anything for not activating the phone on another line? I thought it had to be activated on the correct line for at least 30 days before switching it to another line.
    09-21-09 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD