READ THIS FIRST!!! If you have any ring tones you use for individual contacts this method does not work for those as of my last testing you will only be able to use default tones for individuals. These tones still work for setting system wide tones, if you need some tones for individuals, put them in a separate folder and they will still show up in music. If using bPod this hides podcasts from music player but bPod can still see them. (I have not yet tested any other podcast player, for this just throw .nomedia into the default bPod folder)

So I saw a few threads about this and decided to do a quick right up on how to do this. First you will need to have Ghost Commander (free from app world, donation supported) and your ring tones in a folder separate from your music.

This is what my music player looked like

How to remove custom ring tones from Music app-img_00000025.png

Now fire up ghost commander and navigate to the folder with your ring tones.

How to remove custom ring tones from Music app-img_00000027.png

Now swipe down from the top to get the. Bottom menu then hit the three dots to get the option to create a new file.

How to remove custom ring tones from Music app-img_00000028.png

Create a file titled .nomedia

How to remove custom ring tones from Music app-img_00000029.png

You will now see a blank screen, this is your text editor, do not type anything in the documents. Tap in the blank space to get the bottom menu then the three dots to get the option to save.

How to remove custom ring tones from Music app-img_00000030.png

you can now exit Ghost Commander, if you left your music player open, close it and reopen, no reboot necessary.

How to remove custom ring tones from Music app-img_00000031.png

All done.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 07-12-13 at 04:26 PM.
    07-12-13 04:15 PM
    READ THIS FIRST!!! If you have any ring tones you use for individual contacts this method does not work for those as of my last testing you will only be able to use default tones for individuals. These tones still work for setting system wide tones, if you need some tones for individuals, put them in a separate folder and they will still show up in music. If using bPod this hides podcasts from music player but bPod can still see them. (I have not yet tested any other podcast player, for this just throw .nomedia into the default bPod folder)

So I saw a few threads about this and decided to do a quick right up on how to do this. First you will need to have Ghost Commander (free from app world, donation supported) and your ring tones in a folder separate from your music.

This is what my music player looked like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000025.png 
Views:	3480 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	181965

Now fire up ghost commander and navigate to the folder with your ring tones.

Name:	IMG_00000027.png 
Views:	3479 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	181966

Now swipe down from the top to get the. Bottom menu then hit the three dots to get the option to create a new file.

Name:	IMG_00000028.png 
Views:	3477 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	181967

Create a file titled .nomedia

Name:	IMG_00000029.png 
Views:	3472 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	181968

You will now see a blank screen, this is your text editor, do not type anything in the documents. Tap in the blank space to get the bottom menu then the three dots to get the option to save.

Name:	IMG_00000030.png 
Views:	3473 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	181969

you can now exit Ghost Commander, if you left your music player open, close it and reopen, no reboot necessary.

Name:	IMG_00000031.png 
Views:	3468 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	181970

All done.

Posted via CB10
    Kisimere likes this.
    07-12-13 05:44 PM
    So much easier than doing it on the computer, thanks for the tip!

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    08-14-13 01:59 AM
    Why such hard work? Just create a folder called ringtones under voice and voil.

Posted via CB10
    wolfee48 and iToya like this.
    08-28-13 04:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. +1

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1371
    08-29-13 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Mainly because I saw multiple comments saying that it couldn't be done on device at all. Really wasn't that much work, and it's kinda what I do for a living, trouble shooting, testing, and fixing electronics/web based applications/web content in general. So for me it was something to do, then I linked to this in a thread where someone was trying to understand the instructions he had been given.
    wolfee48 and Killington like this.
    08-30-13 04:26 PM
    Mainly because I saw multiple comments saying that it couldn't be done on device at all. Really wasn't that much work, and it's kinda what I do for a living, trouble shooting, testing, and fixing electronics/web based applications/web content in general. So for me it was something to do, then I linked to this in a thread where someone was trying to understand the instructions he had been given.
    I think it's a good solution. It's what I would have done.

Turns out BlackBerry made a simpler non-obvious solution. Cool.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    08-31-13 09:32 AM
    Vm

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 10:26 PM
    Pp
    N.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 10:26 PM
    Thanks. This also works with photos I have in the download folder.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:39 AM
    Do I see WebOs ringtones in there?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:49 PM
    Thanks. This also works with photos I have in the download folder.

Posted via CB10
    From my limited knowledge should work for anything you want to hide. I am more the linux/webOS expert so I could be wrong, my base knowledge of file indexing outside of windows comes from those two OS's.

Do I see WebOs ringtones in there?

Posted via CB10
    Yessir, that is where BB10 got me, as you can see long time webOS/Palm user
    09-09-13 03:41 PM
    Yessir, that is where BB10 got me, as you can see long time webOS/Palm user
    I miss the "swish" sound that my pre used to make when swiping a card away.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:28 AM
    I miss the "swish" sound that my pre used to make when swiping a card away.

Posted via CB10
    I have somewhat gotten used to not trying to swipe "cards" away in BB10 at first I was always swiping at them once minimized.
    09-12-13 09:19 PM
    Thanks. Dropping a .nomedia file into my ring tones was super easy and did the trick. No more thinking about reaching for my phone in the car or searching the house when a ringtone was played. This tip could save your life!
    11-06-13 02:32 PM