I have been a crackberry reader for years, and the forum contributors have been a big help in everything from minor how-to's to picking a phone to setting up a blackberry professional server. Lately, I have been accessing Crackberry from my phone as an evening ritual. I am really frustrated at how long it takes to "load data" and "load images" in the native browser, and the way everything jumps and hops during the loading process. I switched to Opera tonight and the difference was amazing. Opera is about 10 times faster for this site.

However, I still like the convenience of our admittedly sucky native browser--not the least because the text is easier on my aging eyes and the mouse/pointer is much easier to control. Can anyone tell me if/how it can be tweaked to make things work better at Crackberry?

I have a 9700 with AT&T and 9700/5.0.0.296 (original OS for this phone). If it makes any difference I use a BlackBerry Professional server. I generally access the site from the Crackberry app, but I have the same problem when typing the address in my browser. I am familiar with the process of upgrading the OS but I caused more troiuble than fun upgrading my 9000 about a dozen times.

Cheers!

Charlie V

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 10:27 PM
    You're accessing the full site. Try using the mobile "wap" site. You may need to clear your browser cache first, but you will see a dramatic difference when using the wap site.

01-22-10 01:09 AM
    The native browser is slow. Also try a soft restart on you phone every morning. It helps.

01-22-10 02:14 AM
    I have been a crackberry reader for years, and the forum contributors have been a big help in everything from minor how-to's to picking a phone to setting up a blackberry professional server. Lately, I have been accessing Crackberry from my phone as an evening ritual. I am really frustrated at how long it takes to "load data" and "load images" in the native browser, and the way everything jumps and hops during the loading process. I switched to Opera tonight and the difference was amazing. Opera is about 10 times faster for this site.

However, I still like the convenience of our admittedly sucky native browser--not the least because the text is easier on my aging eyes and the mouse/pointer is much easier to control. Can anyone tell me if/how it can be tweaked to make things work better at Crackberry?

I have a 9700 with AT&T and 9700/5.0.0.296 (original OS for this phone). If it makes any difference I use a BlackBerry Professional server. I generally access the site from the Crackberry app, but I have the same problem when typing the address in my browser. I am familiar with the process of upgrading the OS but I caused more troiuble than fun upgrading my 9000 about a dozen times.

Cheers!

Charlie V

dont use the full site! That always takes to long. Just use the mobile "wap" launcher to excess CB. Takes me roughly 3 seconds to pull up CB the wap Launcher
    01-22-10 07:03 AM
    in case you need the web address for the mobile site, it is http://m.crackberry.com - this loads very fast.
    01-22-10 07:13 AM
    The browser on bberrys needs to improve significantly as most of you know. Hope and it seems, RIM is on the case.
    01-22-10 08:15 AM
    Hey, I love this site but sometimes it is incredibly slow on Firefox!!!!
    01-22-10 10:19 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions, all. I am using the crackberry launcher, but I am going to clear my cache and try the WAP site.

01-22-10 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD