I'm finding myself checking the cb10 app about once a week. I used to thoroughly enjoy reading it several times a day and posting in the forums.

Nowadays it seems there is little to check for. It's all priv news and occasionally a good business story.

Anyone with me?

Posted via CB10
    syclone1978 likes this.
    06-16-16 08:12 PM
    I still finding myself checking it well over 10 times a day, looking for the latest news, fixes and trying to help other members out with what I can as far as the Passport Q10 and Playbook goes.

But I see what you're saying.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    06-16-16 08:16 PM
    I still check in several times a day. But I know where your coming from, the activity on CB just isn't what it was a few years ago.

We used to have some great discussions, especially back in BBOS days, but now there's a lot of sniping going on.

Many of the great guys that used to frequent CB have sadly moved on for many reasons. Leaving us with somewhat of a graveyard.

Anyway, I'm still here. Oh dear!!!!

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    06-16-16 08:29 PM
    Some names to remember.

Wolfmanrobbie

Belfastdispatcher

Phil UK

Matrix Leader

Brian (can't remember is full name)

There were so many, my old brain can't remember them. Perhaps you older members can add to the list.

grover5 likes this.
    06-16-16 08:41 PM
    I've been a member of this forum since the beginning and it ebbs and flows. A lot of people have left or don't come as often but that is the nature of forums like these. I remember when Howard Forums used to be the best place to go lol.
    06-16-16 09:37 PM
    I don't visit as often as I once did, I certainly don't post nor do I comment as often.

CB started to splinter about the time BlackBerry announced that the Priv would run Android. It's only gotten more fractured and less interesting since.

Posted using my favorite BlackBerry of all time - Priv.
    syclone1978 likes this.
    06-16-16 10:01 PM
    It's gotten more juvenile and the topics seemed to stay the same unless it's for specific bugs. I started that safe space thread just to break up the monotony a little.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 10:01 PM
    Funny, I still come here several times a day.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 10:21 PM
    I started going on CB in 2014. Just when I was planning to replace my old Curve with a Z10. Then came the news about the Passport. I have to say it was a lot more exciting then in terms of news and articles.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 07:06 PM
    Check in as many times a day as I did in the past
    But news, forum convos, and participated threads are not as active as they once were

Sad
    06-17-16 07:30 PM
    About the same except when leaks were expected to appear

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    syclone1978 likes this.
    06-17-16 07:46 PM
    Leaks is what I miss the most but I still come back several times a day.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-17-16 10:09 PM
    I still check in several times a day, but find that there is less to comment on or contribute to as time goes on. I've moved to the Priv, so the thrill of a new leak has been lessened... although the number of BB10 leaks that I could potentially install on my wife's Z30 has also lessened. I try to help out others with questions whenever I can, but find that there is much less 'fun' lately.
    syclone1978 likes this.
    06-17-16 10:26 PM
    I still check in several times a day. But I know where your coming from, the activity on CB just isn't what it was a few years ago.

We used to have some great discussions, especially back in BBOS days, but now there's a lot of sniping going on.

Many of the great guys that used to frequent CB have sadly moved on for many reasons. Leaving us with somewhat of a graveyard.

Anyway, I'm still here. Oh dear!!!!

Now that you mentioned belfastdispatcher LOL. His posts were pure riots most of the time, a true legacy BBOS believer. He truly hated BB10 with passion and he's probably more or less vindicated today LOL.
    06-17-16 10:33 PM
    I agree with you on the over reporting on the Priv but I understand why Crackberry does it, they got to promote the latest BlackBerry device available. Having said that, I still visit Crackberry website / App daily for everything BlackBerry. Without it, I never would known about the May sale on Shopblackberry leading me to purchase a Password Silver Edition at $410 USD.
    06-17-16 11:58 PM
    Yes, but there's just less news. The CB community is growing smaller, but I still find it to be the best mobile tech forum around, for any platform.

Nice list of formerly active forum members. Come to think of it though, how many of the original site contributors are still around (where are you Adam Zeis!)!!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-16 01:27 AM
    Yes, but there's just less news. The CB community is growing smaller, but I still find it to be the best mobile tech forum around, for any platform.

Nice list of formerly active forum members. Come to think of it though, how many of the original site contributors are still around (where are you Adam Zeis!)!!

Posted via CB10

Adam does a lot of work behind the scenes for us. Still around.
    Laura Knotek and 3Dee like this.
    06-18-16 09:23 AM
    I don't visit as often as I once did, I certainly don't post nor do I comment as often.

CB started to splinter about the time BlackBerry announced that the Priv would run Android. It's only gotten more fractured and less interesting since.

Posted using my favorite BlackBerry of all time - Priv.

Pretty much. In a way, BlackBerry caused chaos among BlackBerry users. Now we have those hardcore fans on BB10 and those who jumped to Priv (Android). In a way, they basically invited users to try Android, even if it wasn't a Priv. For years, it was all about 'BlackBerry is best' but the Priv release, you could say, was like an admission that Android is OK.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-18-16 09:27 AM
    The amount of people too thick to Google it first hasn't changed...
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    06-18-16 10:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    HI!! Still here. Nice to know I'm missed! Like Chris said, I do lots of behind the scenes action now to keep the gears running smoothly
    06-18-16 12:24 PM
    Still check several times a day
    Due to lack of owning a working BB10 device, lack of owning a Priv, lack of as much free time as before and also the less activity of the forums I post less often. Can't comment and help on most posts anymore.

I do have the Crackberry and Android Central widgets placed on the front page of my tablet and phone, as to not miss anythinhg anytime that I unlock either of them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-19-16 02:02 AM
    HI!! Still here. Nice to know I'm missed! Like Chris said, I do lots of behind the scenes action now to keep the gears running smoothly
    Good to know you're still around and contributing Adam!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 04:58 PM
    Used to be two/three times a day. Now every 2/3 days

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 05:21 PM
    I check about the same but don't stay as long.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 07:37 PM