Hey all,

I have a simple question I want to report a user who has a racist avatar.
    Where can I do so?

I have been part of this community for a long time and I am shocked to see such a thing allowed by moderators and admins.

The user in concern is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    His avatar is of a Muslim with a turban that has a bomb.

I am a Muslim and a proud one, and I find his avatar offensive.

I would appreciate if someone can ask him to change his avatar.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-11-15 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Info removed by Mod Team Leader
    06-11-15 09:14 PM
    I agree. It is racist. The mods need to look into this ASAP. Bigotry should not be tolerated.
    06-11-15 09:21 PM
    We have deleted the offending image, and this thread has been moved.
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    06-11-15 09:25 PM
    I am curious how one determines the faith of a sketch?
    habs_fan likes this.
    06-11-15 09:29 PM
    I am curious how one determines the faith of a sketch?
    Context?
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    06-11-15 09:33 PM
    Although we generally don't talk about these things I'm going to make a 1 time exception since the can of worms is already opened here! The person did NOT get in trouble, we simply removed the offending avatar and informed the member. We felt that while yes clearly it was a parody and a joke, it WAS racially insensitive, and as such we choose to remove it and avoid upsetting any more members.

To protect the privacy of the member in question I am going to edit the OP to remove his name and the link to his profile and I would ask that it NOT be posted again! Also in the future to report an avatar or signature please contact any moderator or the Mod Team Leader (me) via PM or email. Pkcable(at)crackberry(dot)com. Please don't make threads about it.

That being said we do take your concerns VERY seriously so please feel free to contact us at any time regarding and issues related to the forums here at CrackBerry.
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    06-11-15 09:41 PM
    Could not that avatar be a Sikh from Bombay?
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    06-11-15 09:41 PM
    If a member cannot remember a PM or email address, simply report the post and add a brief explanation of what the concern is. We will then handle it accordingly.

Remember, not everyone has the same views as the next person. What is a joke to one person may deeply offend another. Please report appropriately rather than trying to handle the situation yourself. We do not seek to publicly embarrass anyone. Thanks, all!
    06-11-15 09:49 PM
    Could not that avatar be a Sikh from Bombay?
    As my late Italian granny used to say.......

ABBASTANZA
    06-11-15 09:51 PM
    No, the picture was not of a Sikh from Bombay. Bombay doesn't have much of a Sikh population. Sikhs in majority are from Punjab.
    But even if it was Sikh from Bombay or Punjab it is still offensive.

I have teammates who are Sikh and are very good people. So we can't just ignore the that it was an offensive avatar.

Mods thank you very much for taking care of it.
    My bad for putting a link to the profile.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 09:54 PM
    As my late Italian granny used to say.......

ABBASTANZA
    Pop Band from Sweden?
    06-11-15 09:54 PM
    If a member cannot remember a PM or email address, simply report the post and add a brief explanation of what the concern is. We will then handle it accordingly.

Remember, not everyone has the same views as the next person. What is a joke to one person may deeply offend another. Please report appropriately rather than trying to handle the situation yourself. We do not seek to publicly embarrass anyone. Thanks, all!
    I had no intention of publicly embarrassing him..
    I was merely trying to put a link to his avatar.
    But I realize now it wasn't appropriate to put a link to his profile, even though his avatar was public and he commented in the forums publicly..

Also, if I wanted to handle the situation myself I wouldn't have been able to do s''' about it.

My intention was to simply report him because I trusted you guys will take of it as I have seen you many times do so.

Your presence is always appreciated around the forums.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    06-11-15 10:02 PM
    I had no intention of publicly embarrassing him..
    I was merely trying to put a link to his avatar.
    But I realize now it wasn't appropriate to put a link to his profile, even though his avatar was public and he commented in the forums publicly..

Also, if I wanted to handle the situation myself I wouldn't have been able to do s''' about it.

My intention was to simply report him because I trusted you guys will take of it as I have seen you many times do so.

Your presence is always appreciated around the forums.

Posted via CB10
    That was actually for the benefit of all members, to let them know these things, we try to keep it cool as we can for the most part.
    06-11-15 10:58 PM
    That was actually for the benefit of all members, to let them know these things, we try to keep it cool as we can for the most part.
    Exactly! This is why we let the thread stay and just removed the person's name.
    06-11-15 11:53 PM
    So if I find the smoking pot reference "blaize" (minor spelling deviation) ofensive, you would remove that too?
    Who buffers political correctness and personal sensitivities??

Z30-Z30-Z10-Q10-9900-9900-Playbook-x3
    06-12-15 12:09 AM
    Bigger pet peeves in a forum:

- Someone steals an avatar of a frequent member
    - A frequent member changes their avatar when I start associating them with it!

😒
    06-12-15 12:20 AM
    a team of about 12 people from all over the world
    So if I find the smoking pot reference "blaize" (minor spelling deviation) ofensive, you would remove that too?

06-12-15 04:45 AM
    I saw a picture of a Catholic holding a gun once, and an entire film about the Crusades where Christians were clearly and brazenly brandishing swords. I was so offended! Where do these people get off? It's just not funny! As if someone wearing a turban would ever dream of using a firearm! I'm not Muslim or Sikh, but I genuinely feel offended on their behalf. While we're at it, can someone please get me the address of the Family Guy complaints dept? As an Englishman and a lover of real ale, I find my kind is unnecessarily poorly portrayed.

Feeling totally bummed!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    06-12-15 05:01 AM
    I saw a picture of a Catholic holding a gun once, and an entire film about the Crusades where Christians were clearly and brazenly brandishing swords. I was so offended! Where do these people get off? It's just not funny! As if someone wearing a turban would ever dream of using a firearm! I'm not Muslim or Sikh, but I genuinely feel offended on their behalf. While we're at it, can someone please get me the address of the Family Guy complaints dept? As an Englishman and a lover of real ale, I find my kind is unnecessarily poorly portrayed.

Feeling totally bummed!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    I take offence to your exclusion of English women, English girls and English boys.

In the future could you please use "Englishperson"?

Thank you for you understanding and cooperation.
    Umaima_B_Dia and guygardner73 like this.
    06-12-15 06:06 AM

Actually that is a reference to the person's son's name, Blaise, BUT no we would not, heck the name of the website is a drug reference. Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill! The point here is that IF you have an issue you report the problem via our report system, or you notify a Moderator directly via PM or email.

I think we have all made our points here!
    06-12-15 07:52 AM