Where is he? I haven't read a single article written by him in weeks. Maybe finding a new job? Haha

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 06:02 AM
    He reported a couple of times he was enjoying a well deserved vacay in Italy
    08-23-13 06:11 AM
    Drug raid in Winnipeg. The police thought Kevin is a kingpin in the illegal drug trade because he runs a crew called CrackBerry. < / sarcasm >

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Undbiter65 and eldricho like this.
    08-27-13 08:09 PM
    @appu - you're not paying close attention to the blogs. Two posts up under my name yesterday! Editor's Desk post and contest reminder.

But as mentioned, was on vacay for two weeks, and last week was playing catch up. This week working on a lot of the "behind the scenes" stuff. Next week will pick up on my writing more... summer over - back to school and work. Things should start getting fun too leading up to DevCon Asia!

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP likes this.
    08-27-13 08:30 PM
    Holy crap you do exist. I thought it was a myth.

Q10/ 1323/ THKS berryleaks
    Undbiter65 and eldricho like this.
    08-27-13 08:58 PM
    Muhahahahaha!!! Always on, Always connected!

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 and BergerKing like this.
    08-27-13 09:05 PM
    Muhahahahaha!!! Always on, Always connected!

Posted via CB10
    You forgot always moving. Lol

08-27-13 09:07 PM
    Always on, Always connected, Always Movvvvving!!!

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-27-13 09:20 PM
    Always on, Always connected, Always Movvvvving!!!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the response, really does show that you are watching.

08-27-13 09:39 PM
    So - Kevin, I am a fan of CrackBerry and BlackBerry with an idea and I'd like to share it with you. I couldn't find a location on this site like "ask Kevin," or "send Kevin a message." But when I saw this thread title - I thought it could work. Any way, here it goes. (If not - delete still works )

As I read the forums there seems to be a core of frustration as a common undercurrent to concerns over BlackBerry's future. I know #Ichoose Blackberry10 on Twitter and Facebook was one way we could participate in a grassroots boost to BB10 being in the public eye. As an adjunct to that, I wondered, not that you guys don't have enough to do, but here is my thought.

Imagine high-quality user input shaping multiple "You-tube" like videos featuring My Favorite Feature of BB10 phones. Kind of like that new Nokia camera video featuring how the couple could sit back at the kid's school production, where everyone else had to get close. It was a great video, and really set apart that phone as well as that capability.

What happens next is that CrackBerry /BlackBerry fans would basically share these user submitted (CrackBerry polished/edited/distributed/made available)videos to help market BB10 phones. It would be our push to come alongside BlackBerry. It would give an outlet and focus to all the angst that simply gets traded here and takes some pointed and critical twists.

Another thing that I have seen mentioned is the need for some "star" power for advertising. But what if some really savvy stars were included in those best feature videos? For instance,Nathan Fillion gets featured in a video segment to show him how cool the camera is with its time- shift feature. Nathan is a die -hard IPhone fan and techie, so I'm sure he would have fun doing such a promo. It's exposure for him and BlackBerry. These videos could utilize many "personalities" from many venues: sports, writers, etc. But they would be casual, fun, "hey have you ever seen this?" kind of things. There must be BlackBerry fans who are successful and willing to be "caught on camera" as it were.... What we are looking for is something to go viral - to literally take the social community by storm. Obviously not all these videos will, but One just might!

As I have searched YouTube for videos to help me publicize my Zed 10, the offering is generally in the former of a review and covers way too many features. You want one to standout, to announce, "this is how the BB10 stands apart," but yet be fun and playful.

Lastly, I think the whole "keep moving" theme has failed to evoke a strong distinction for BB10. It is vague, it lacks imagery that stays with people. It doesn't connect. It is a random generality that makes no impression. So for these videos, rather than rally around that "keep moving" rhetoric for these videos I would recommend - use something else. Since they are technically "unsanctioned, " may even be better. I am far from an advertising guru, but I would suggest something like the following:
    - "own your life "
    - "share your life "
    - "make your case/make your mark"
    -"take your stand"
    - "launch yourself"
    - "your platform for life"
    - "the device for life"
    -"juice suite"
    Etc.

Kevin my point in all this is - there is an immense creative talent and energy virtually unharnessed here in the CrackBerry community as far as taking the step to assist in BlackBerry marketing. Taping into it would give all a sense of coming to the rescue at a grassroots level. It would channel angst into action. Then no matter what the future brings there is no regret. People would have pulled out every stop. Many people are not stockholders in BlackBerry, but we have a stake in BlackBerry! It thus seems a natural thing for CrackBerry to be the fulcrum to harness that effort - to tailor, edit even, and manage that video content base that could be deployed through a massive twitter and Facebook sharing.

Anyhow, I needed to present this idea. The geography may be wrong, but I believe the timing is right. Thanks for listening! Blessings!

Sandra

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    09-19-13 09:26 PM
    @brightberry - Great post and great ideas and thinking... we've been thinking on this a bit too, and where my brain was at was the to build upon what's been started w/ the #ichooseblackberry10 community twitter campaign and try to get people explaining their reasons on video - much like you're suggesting.

I have to head to Asia on Sunday for a week, but when I get back I've been planning on recording a good video to kickstart that initiative (something kinda epic). But at the same time, people don't have to wait for me. I'll see if we can kick it off sooner even. Stay tuned! Love the passion!
    09-20-13 09:37 AM
    Thanks for the response, really does show that you are watching.

Oh, it's not just watching, the volume of traffic is so high, he gets reports, so he has many eyes watching.
    09-22-13 02:31 AM