There's a significant difference between "Supporting a brand" and "Disparaging all other brands". Pretty simple concept. Hint.. Click-Bait Articles are written on those sites that disparage or hate on all others.
    CB titles have done more damage than help. Ex: BlackBerry getting out of handset business. We fact check what is written and do not have to change titles.

Should a so called BlackBerry fansite be publishing titles that harm the brand and allow fans to be bashed while detractors get off scott-free?
    11-13-15 03:07 PM
    CB titles have done more damage than help. Ex: BlackBerry getting out of handset business. We fact check what is written and do not have to change titles.

Should a so called BlackBerry fansite be publishing titles that harm the brand and allow fans to be bashed while detractors get off scott-free?
    Ironically as of late the detractors are the "fans". BlackBerry went android to save the handset business, but most would rather see it die than accept BB10 wasn't successful. You tell me what's more damaging titles, or so called fans.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 03:20 PM

Talk about a 100% biased site. No thanks, I'd rather have an intelligence conversation with people even if we disagree. That's how people learn from each other.
    11-13-15 03:21 PM
    Ironically as of late the detractors are the "fans". BlackBerry went android to save the handset business, but most would rather see it die than accept BB10 wasn't successful. You tell me what's more damaging titles, or so called fans.

Posted via CB10
    I would question the loyalty of someone who puts the entire future of the handset division at risk. Have I personally purchased a Priv yet, no, but I will before year end to show my support for the brand I prefer.
    11-13-15 03:24 PM
    I would question the loyalty of someone who puts the entire future of the handset division at risk. Have I personally purchased a Priv yet, no, but I will before year end.
    Agreed. I will probably be picking one up around that time too.

Posted via CB10
    RazrRob likes this.
    11-13-15 03:28 PM
    Talk about a 100% biased site. No thanks, I'd rather have an intelligence conversation with people even if we disagree. That's how people learn from each other.
    There are very informative and lively dialogues at UTB. One thing that is not be tolerated is bashing someone who is a fan of BlackBerry. It's a shame other sites don't behave in a similar manner.
    11-13-15 03:32 PM

Really? Post a link to CB professing that BlackBerry is getting out of the Handset business? I'm assuming by your statement "We fact check" that you participate in UTB. Kindly provide any article CB posted the damage you profess. Knock yourself out.

If indeed you contribute to UTB, you've done more damage to the brand than anybody. That site is trash.
    Uzi, Branta and reeneebob like this.
    11-13-15 03:46 PM
    There are very informative and lively dialogues at UTB. One thing that is not be tolerated is bashing someone who is a fan of BlackBerry. It's a shame other sites don't behave in a similar manner.
    UTB is hardly a site I'd consider friendly to clashing views on BlackBerry. That site regularly features articles bashing competing brands and users of opposing brands. Their editors regularly do the same on Twitter. Compare that to CB which posts news on BlackBerry, editorials full of interesting insight, rumors, How-Tos, product reviews, etc. UTB and CrackBerry are nowhere near each other and CB is much kinder to actual discussion. The "safe haven" the OP wants probably exists (or is more likely to exist) at UTB.

UTB is more like a cult site and does the BlackBerry brand and its fans more damage than favours.
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 11-13-15 at 04:01 PM.
    TgeekB, kbz1960, Uzi and 2 others like this.
    11-13-15 03:46 PM
    Except UTB members spends alot of time bashing CB and every other phone manufacturer and phone OS systems. It is for The Blackberry Choir.
    11-13-15 03:47 PM
    I for one like the idea.

What would it be called? Let's get some GREAT names going, have a poll to select the best, and propose it to CB.

1 - "The Echo Chamber"

2 - "The Land of Make Believe"

3 - "Brave New World"

Others?
    JeepBB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    11-13-15 03:54 PM
    Really? Post a link to CB professing that BlackBerry is getting out of the Handset business? I'm assuming by your statement "We fact check" that you participate in UTB. Kindly provide any article CB posted the damage you profess. Knock yourself out.

If indeed you contribute to UTB, you've done more damage to the brand than anybody. That site is trash.
    My how quickly we forget! A year and a half ago (~Apr 2014) when Chen was asked during an interview what he'd do if BlackBerry could not make a profit in the handset business he replied that he'd consider all options including getting out of that business. The next day the CB title read BlackBerry getting out of handset business. After much uproar the title was changed. These are the facts!
    11-13-15 03:57 PM
    Except UTB members spends alot of time bashing CB
    That's because they can't recognize the fact that they were repeatedly trolling. But in their twisted minds, they can't possibly conceive the possibility that acting a troll in favor of BB is not actually trolling. And as a result, demonstrate outrage at receiving infractions or being banned regardless of them being the instigator or the troll. UTB on the other hand, promotes that behavior within their faithful flock.
    11-13-15 03:59 PM
    I'm very aware of the one-sided lively dialogues, if that's what you want to call them. I'm also aware they mocked every other platform, including Android which they called garbage compared to the esteemly held BB10. Again, if you like 100% bias with blinders on, it's the place to be.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-13-15 03:59 PM
    I for one like the idea.

What would it be called? Let's get some GREAT names going, have a poll to select the best, and propose it to CB.

1 - "The Echo Chamber"

2 - "The Land of Make Believe"

3 - "Brave New World"

Others?
    Heh... you just want to be first in line for the unicorn rides in this fantasy land where nobody speaks ill of BB and the sunshine and rainbows last forever!

Too late! I've already got dibs on the green unicorn...
    kbz1960 and Cashgap like this.
    11-13-15 04:14 PM
    No one has yet to refute the handset title.
    Before Kevin left he promised to clean up the Forums. Why?
    If this is such a safe haven for BlackBerry fans why this thread? And why do regulars think it's a good idea?
    11-13-15 04:17 PM
    What title?

Your mistake here is assuming that cleaning up the forums meant censoring or squelching anything pro-other-brands. Most trolling was a result of rabid fans versus open minded tech users.

If this is such a safe haven for BlackBerry fans why this thread? And why do regulars think it's a good idea?
    Because the OP has (and obviously shares with you) a very skewed interpretation of what a Safe Haven actually is. As for regulars thinking it's a good idea... there's very little of that demonstrated in this thread. Only a very small minority.
    TgeekB, reeneebob and JeepBB like this.
    11-13-15 04:24 PM
    No one said it was a safe haven, nor that one was needed.

Sorry to disappoint you. Time to go home now.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-13-15 04:24 PM
    My how quickly we forget! A year and a half ago (~Apr 2014) when Chen was asked during an interview what he'd do if BlackBerry could not make a profit in the handset business he replied that he'd consider all options including getting out of that business. The next day the CB title read BlackBerry getting out of handset business. After much uproar the title was changed. These are the facts!
    Show where the headline was changed. I've been reading and following this site since 2008 and never recall ever seeing that. Chen was quoted as to possibilities... which is what ANY reputable news should report. But reading comprehension from the zealots interpreted it differently.
    11-13-15 04:28 PM
    I vote YES for the "safe zone"

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 04:37 PM
    Heh... you just want to be first in line for the unicorn rides in this fantasy land where nobody speaks ill of BB and the sunshine and rainbows last forever!

Too late! I've already got dibs on the green unicorn...
    What?! We were allowed to take dibs? Dammit, I wanted the green one.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-13-15 04:47 PM

In a world where Android and iPhones don't exist...where apps don't exist...tablets don't exist...where people look at your BlackBerry and say "Cool phone!" and phone stores have shelves full of BlackBerries and BlackBerry clones...

I'm expecting the Twilight or Star Trek theme songs to start playing and maybe throw in Tatoo from Fantasy Island and the store clerk..
    11-13-15 04:48 PM
    This is too weird. I just heard a standup comedian talk about taking an invisibility pill, and then i click this open.

Its Ommm Ommmm Ominous...
    11-13-15 04:53 PM
    Enough. You want to argue about UTB, here's an idea. Take it to UTB. It has become pretty clear some here just want to push their own agenda more than anything else.
    11-13-15 05:20 PM
73 123