CB owes us some space where android, IOS, apple, I anything, app gaps, candy, or anything else not favorable to BlackBerry and it's friends.

Posted via CB10
    Tkarps likes this.
    11-12-15 09:14 AM
    Well as Android is the future of BlackBerry... not sure why CB "owes" a place like you described?
    LazyEvul, Donvald, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    11-12-15 09:22 AM
    CB owes us some space where android, IOS, apple, I anything, app gaps, candy, or anything else not favorable to BlackBerry and it's friends.

Posted via CB10
    1) CB owes nothing. It's a private playground whose rules you agree to follow.
    2) Don't you think calling for "a safe place" is a tad dramatic? BB fans aren't precisely a persecuted demographic.
    11-12-15 09:24 AM
    I (this is a personal view) believe this is nowhere profitable to any of us.
    While we sure have to deal with some purposely/a priori oriented posts, we have also and foremost a lot to learn from practices and ideas that may pop from anywhere. I'm proud to be a CrackBerrian and a hard core BlackBerry enthusiast and advocate; but I'm nowhere bigot at the point I wish we all live in a safe harbor though !

BlackBerry learned that navel gazing - even during glorious ages - leads to disappointment. So much their core business is now cross-platform; how should we miss that and treat others like plaged ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-12-15 at 09:34 AM. Reason: vocabulary : safe harbor
    11-12-15 09:29 AM
    Is this a South Park parody/copycat?

Even if your argument had any ammunition, it's a couple years too late. BB10 is pretty much gone. BBRY has pretty much joined up with the rest of the mobile world. No safe space is needed and it would be kind of irrelevant.
    Theicecreamman likes this.
    11-12-15 11:36 AM

In a world where Android and iPhones don't exist...where apps don't exist...tablets don't exist...where people look at your BlackBerry and say "Cool phone!" and phone stores have shelves full of BlackBerries and BlackBerry clones...

11-12-15 11:43 AM
    In a galaxy far, far away....
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-12-15 12:23 PM
    This post reminds me of that south park episode hahahaha they mocked a safe space like this cuz everyone is turning into a overly sensitive baby these days lol
    11-12-15 12:34 PM
    You people seriously don't understand how the Internet works do you lol?

Posted via CB10
    peednus and RH1Pearl like this.
    11-12-15 12:34 PM
    I don't know where you're from, but I don't think a separate but equal forum is the answer.
    11-12-15 12:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    ... are what? banned? accepted? discussed thoughtfully in committee?

Sentence incomplete....
    11-12-15 12:40 PM
    Perhaps some kind of MobileNations Endangered Species Act could be passed where phones running Windows CE, Palm OS, webOS, BBOS, Symbian and, eventually, BlackBerry 10 could be discussed in a safe environment. Users of other platforms could feel free to browse the forums but would be discouraged from posting anything for fear of disturbing the participants with talk of new apps, hardware features, etc. If we don't act now, our children may never see one of these platforms.
    oyaug, TgeekB, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    11-12-15 12:48 PM
    At the very least CB should include a "trigger warning" on sections of the website for BB7 and BB10 lovers who are prone to going off the deep end when they see talk of Android.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-12-15 12:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bully-proof windows, troll-safe doors, in my safe spaaaaaaaaaaace...
    11-12-15 01:03 PM
    At the very least CB should include a "trigger warning" on sections of the website for BB7 and BB10 lovers who are prone to going off the deep end when they see talk of Android.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    Attached Thumbnails When is CB going to create a safe space for BlackBerry fans?-1447355324927.jpg  
    Doggerz and werkregen like this.
    11-12-15 01:08 PM
    We catch a lot of hell out there by fruitfans and droids. We come here to discuss all things BlackBerry and enjoy a place where none of that crap exists. CB. Owes it to us.

Posted via CB10
    Tkarps and Anilu7 like this.
    11-12-15 02:58 PM
    Perhaps some kind of MobileNations Endangered Species Act could be passed where phones running Windows CE, Palm OS, webOS, BBOS, Symbian and, eventually, BlackBerry 10 could be discussed in a safe environment. Users of other platforms could feel free to browse the forums but would be discouraged from posting anything for fear of disturbing the participants with talk of new apps, hardware features, etc. If we don't act now, our children may never see one of these platforms.
    Question....I know it's not a phone, but will I be able to talk about my pocket pc there?
    11-12-15 03:13 PM
    We catch a lot of hell out there by fruitfans and droids. We come here to discuss all things BlackBerry and enjoy a place where none of that crap exists. CB. Owes it to us.

Posted via CB10
    CB "owes" us only a place where people can discuss products and issues, voice their opinions freely and learn. They don't "owe" us anything else. We don't have to agree, or like, everything we read on this site, but we can't decide who can post or what is allowed to be posted.
    11-12-15 03:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Here is what that future will look like...

http://www.webosnation.com/tags/palm-os
    11-12-15 03:46 PM
    A lot of work and resources have been put into maintaining CB over the years, offering a service to you free of charge. How exactly do they owe you anything? What have they taken from you that leaves you any less whole than you were before visiting the site? Pffft.... Self entitlement is all you're demonstrating.

Incidentally, BlackBerry fans are "fruitfans" too. Just sayin...
    11-12-15 04:32 PM
    Sooo.. the OP is proposing a troll free zone guarded by a bridge keeper of sorts. Interesting concept in theory, but I actually enjoy reading the bleats and besides, having all like minded opinions makes for a boring site like iMore probably is.

Inviting a response from the trolls, haters, bullies and sheep I be..... and don't be too harsh.... or I will curl up in a fetal position and hide in the bb safe zone.... wait.... it doesn't exist yet...Yikes.... I take back that invitation...away with all of you and your flaunting of your App laden hardware.... leave us hapless and appless BlackBerrians alone.

Cowardly posted with my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, JeepBB and world saviour like this.
    11-12-15 05:43 PM
    What a dumb thread. Please close it and ban the OP.

Posted via Commodore 64
    11-12-15 05:47 PM
    A lot of work and resources have been put into maintaining CB over the years, offering a service to you free of charge. How exactly do they owe you anything? What have they taken from you that leaves you any less whole than you were before visiting the site? Pffft.... Self entitlement is all you're demonstrating.

Incidentally, BlackBerry fans are "fruitfans" too. Just sayin...
    Yep... it's sure is inconvenient and confusing having only 4 main operating system and yet two of them are fruit monikered.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 05:47 PM
    I agree with OP. I think what they are saying is they wish they could come to CrackBerry and get BlackBerry news.

I would be happy if they just didn't update the site as often and only reported on BlackBerry; similar to BerryFlow. There is a spot for Android and Apple; no need to come here and read about it. The site and forums are getting really boring.

Tim

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:25 PM
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/11/m...are-crumbling/

This post reminded me of this article I read earlier today. I honestly didn't understand what the op was asking or suggestion but after reading a few of the comments I'm not sure what to think. CB is a place like heaven and hell mixed together but it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:48 PM
73 123