This happens every time anyone updates or switches a website. Facebook for example, remember all the bi*%ting about timeline? Dont worry Kevin these complaints will pass sooner or later.
    02-13-13 11:19 AM
    I LIKED it!!!!

Only one tiny tweak....the community forum doesn't quite flow where it is now, in my opinion. I would drop it to where it was and put the BB10 back up above it. I think right now more people are looking for info on BB10 than on community info. To me it feels like "one of these things is not like the others."

Other than that, LOVE the look.
    02-13-13 11:22 AM
    I LIKED it!!!!

Only one tiny tweak....the community forum doesn't quite flow where it is now, in my opinion. I would drop it to where it was and put the BB10 back up above it. I think right now more people are looking for info on BB10 than on community info. To me it feels like "one of these things is not like the others."

Other than that, LOVE the look.

Yes I would have flip flopped those 2 also. HOWEVER, they did provide quick links at the top of the forum for several of the more popular forums.
    02-13-13 11:27 AM
    I like the idea of bumping up the Community Forums to increase traffic there. The unanswered forum is a good idea as well, especially for those seeking help with technical issues. Only thing that bothers me is the Featured Forums section. It takes up too much space and maybe should be at the top. Maybe stack threads out into a thinner row? Every thing else makes sense to me
    Tom689 likes this.
    02-13-13 11:31 AM
    I'm holding off on commenting until the change is complete. It's hard to tell when they are still in the middle of doing it.
    02-13-13 12:08 PM
    Yes I would have flip flopped those 2 also. HOWEVER, they did provide quick links at the top of the forum for several of the more popular forums.
    That's true! they did.....maybe I'm just more into the grouping of things most likely to be searched up to the top or in the top third of a page. We do all our tools like that, guess I'm on work mode!!!
    02-13-13 12:17 PM
    What would be great is if you could not only collapse sections but also subsections and even move things around so the things that I'm interested in are at the top.
    02-13-13 01:39 PM
    This happens every time anyone updates or switches a website. Facebook for example, remember all the bi*%ting about timeline? Dont worry Kevin these complaints will pass sooner or later.
    But the difference there is that facebook really does suck. It always has sucked, and every time they change something it makes it suck worse.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 02-13-13 at 02:09 PM.
    02-13-13 01:44 PM
    Hey All...

Couple quick points:

A) Don't call this a redesign. Lol. It's a forum reorganization. Big difference to me. Redesign is visual and technical... this was just re-ordering everything within the set site design. Still important though of course. Just not a redesign. We reorganized it.

B) To the comment above about more scrolling now... absolutely not. The forums are SO MUCH MORE CONDENSED now. Like 30% of the scrolling compared to before. It's amazing how much we shortened it up. Very compact now.

C) Community at the top - So, we did this for consistency. If you visit the forums on iMore, WPCentral and Android Central, you'll see that we've done this similar layout across all the sites, putting the community forums at the top. I don't disagree that BB10 could be up at the top right now - clearly there's TONS of interest in that right now. Though logical flow wise, the way it's grouped makes the most sense. Popular / Community / Platforms (BB10, PlayBook, BBOS) / Common Forums (that apply to all platforms).

D) Load times / etc. Saying it's faster loading or slower or more or less ads is not a relevant comment right now... again... we didn't make any changes to that stuff. We just rearranged forums on the page.

Next step will be the actual "redesign". Once we roll out the BIGGER site design, then things will look more different in here. With the forum arrangement set, the other stuff will change. New header, footer, background colors, tweaking the font, etc. More of the visual wrapping paper around the forum will change. Thing you guys will like that too.

Again, usually some push back on any sort of changes. Always expected. Most things settle after a day or two. If we find anything isn't working in terms of the layout, etc. we can always tweak. I think it should be pretty good though. So much more compact and logically grouped now.
    02-13-13 01:57 PM
    Lol ops. My comment doesnt make sense. I dont mind it. I kind of miss the colors but its fine you just have to relearn where everything is.
    02-13-13 02:10 PM
    Lets just say I'm not a big fan of change but i"m sure it will grow on me once I find everything.
    COME ON VERIZON I NEED THE Z! DROP IT ALREADY!
    02-13-13 02:13 PM
    No suggestions here on the new layout. Looks good -- we'll get used to where stuff is.

Can't wait for the redesign!
    02-13-13 02:14 PM
    They should have stuck to the original style but with some tweaks. Just way too much going on at the same time.
    02-16-13 04:23 AM
    Question - looking at some of the messages posted on CB on my Z10 and the links posted are not live. I would have to copy and paste somehow. Let me know if I have missed something. Thanks. TG

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 12:09 PM
    Didn't I read somewhere where CBK said no sleep until the redesign is launched? That would be soon then right?? . Exciting!
    03-02-13 04:26 AM
    Like the new site very much, a lot cleaner design and layout. Just one problem as far as I am concerned. On the old site when you scrolled down to the bottom of the home page you could see the latest news headlines of all the other sites, so if anything looked interesting you could shoot across to that site. This is now missing in the new site and it only shows a list of the sites with no news article previews. So now you have to actually visit those sites to see whats on offer. Not Good
    03-08-13 09:19 AM
    CB now completely freezes my XP pro workstation with IE 8, have to use FF or Chrome for now.

Also, cannot go to an individual post when selecting "My Posts" in the user profile, can only go to the first post in the thread.

And I find no less scrolling in the forum threads even with the add bar closed on the right side, which is annoying that I have to close that first anyway.

sorry, just my 2 cents (for now)
    03-08-13 09:48 AM
    CB now completely freezes my XP pro workstation with IE 8, have to use FF or Chrome for now.

Also, cannot go to an individual post when selecting "My Posts" in the user profile, can only go to the first post in the thread.

And I find no less scrolling in the forum threads even with the add bar closed on the right side, which is annoying that I have to close that first anyway.

sorry, just my 2 cents (for now)
    Crackberry is now off limits at work. Crashes and freezes my whole system at work. Dell workstation using IE and Windows XP Professional. IE is as up to date as allowable.
    03-08-13 06:33 PM
43 12