I signed up to CrackBerry.com today and stupidly used a password that I had on my PayPal account (now changed).

Within hours I started getting email alerts informing me that I had just paid various people small amounts of money.

Even after I changed my password, reported the activity to PayPal and removed all my bank cards associated with PayPal, some payments were still going through. So far I have lost around �100. Fingers crossed I will be able to get it back.

Obviously I cannot say for sure that there is a link between this and signing up to CrackBerry, but it seems too much of a coincidence, so I would like to warn others to be extra careful.

Cheers.
    06-17-10 10:17 AM
    I've been here awhile and this is the first time I've ever heard any member mention this happening...
    06-17-10 10:22 AM
    I have forwarded this concern to the powers that be.

I would suggest running a scan of your PC for keystroke capture programs as well, if something grabbed the username and password, one of the first things they will do is try using the same on sites like paypal and gmail to see if you have used the same information as your login there.

Had that happen to me last year, after my ex-wife downloaded something she shouldn't have on my home PC. Ended up having to close my bank accounts, but thankfully caught it in time.
    06-17-10 10:25 AM
    I had this happen before too. But it was because my yahoo account got hacked, which was associated with my Paypal account and it conveniently had the same password. Somebody tried to transfer $900 out of my checking account but thankfully PayPal sent me an email confirming my transfer. I was able to talk to PayPal and had to set up a stop payment with my bank, so it still cost me $35, but that's a lot less than $900.

Yeah, everything has a different password now.
    06-17-10 10:51 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I am running full malware / key logger scans now and have changed all my passwords, but random payments are still being made from my PayPal account

I've reported every transaction as unauthorized but still no response from PayPal yet and in the meantime I am losing more and more money...

Anyway, I realise this is not a PayPal forum so I won't go on about it too much here! Just wanted to give others a heads up.

Cheers.
    06-17-10 11:19 AM
    Until a response is given from upstairs people.

What is the name of the transactions being made?

"Payment To Smartphone Experts" ?

Or

"Payment To MobiHand, Inc." ?
    06-17-10 11:39 AM
    Most of the payments are being made to:

Direct2Drive UK
    d2duk at supportcenteronline dot com
    +44 88826210036

It looks like the buzzard is using my PayPal account to buy computer games. I have contacted Direct2Drive and asked them to refund me..
    Last edited by sir_sanuk; 06-17-10 at 12:33 PM.
    06-17-10 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD