Can there either be a general consensus to post the relevant model number(s) in thread titles else subforums be created please?

It's a pain in the **** to be browsing through topic after topic to find they're not relevant to me. And 'Bold theme' or similar... is that a theme for the Bold or a look alike for something else??

Seriously, there's some good stuff in here but it just gets buried in obfuscation.
    09-29-08 05:37 PM
    'B', 'u', double 't' is profanity????

Sincerest apologies for my potty mouth.
    09-29-08 05:40 PM
    You should email a mod with your concerns/points. I created a thread asking people to post if they thought we should have a Telus only thread. When it hit 40 + people I emailed B1aze with a link to the thread and BAM, next day we had it.

Just create a general interest post (Without potty mouth ) and let it go from there. I agree it is a good idea. When I went looking for new themes for my 8130 with OS 4.5 it took me forever to track a good few down. (Finally settled on Vista L theme, Thanks Pimpmyberry!)
    09-29-08 08:26 PM
    I agree we need to have different sections for different models but most themes are for many models instead of just one. I can not stand the way Pinstack is set up. Now, that's a mess. IMO
    09-30-08 10:17 AM
    Good luck with that one, it aint altogether THAT difficult to workout!
    09-30-08 11:06 AM
    09-30-08 11:10 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    lol now thats funny right there....
    09-30-08 05:20 PM
    No it's not.

Hardly the point is it? Why bother having subforums and titles then? Lets just chuck posts left right and centre and rely on everyone searching whenever they want something... and that their search string is efficient enough to filter out noise.

Say I share a Bold-like theme for the 8100, how difficult to entitle the thread...

Bold Theme (8100,4.2,4.5)

... or similar? That way not only have I shared something but I've given people half a chance to find it simply based on titles and possibly prevented half a dozen requests for help in finding such a theme.
    09-30-08 06:25 PM
    I agree we need to have different sections for different models but most themes are for many models instead of just one. I can not stand the way Pinstack is set up. Now, that's a mess. IMO
    I've visit Pinstack every now and again and I agree, the site is hard to navigate and find things...
    09-30-08 06:28 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/question-mods-74078/

Not saying i disagree. It's a good idea. Hopeful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 06:28 PM
    I've visit Pinstack every now and again and I agree, the site is hard to navigate and find things...
    ah that is a mess of a site, cant preview the themese, or i might be doing something wrong
    09-30-08 10:15 PM
    Here is the issue, If we broke down themes for the different types of models it would end up being a cluster F. Users wont post in it or they will post in the incorrect place or heck.. not even post a good thread title. So as this would be a great idea for finding something via the WAP site in the long run will not help any one.

I mean when I hop on my berry right now and go to the Wallpapers and Themes forum the first thing to pop up is the stickies then this thread pushing the theme I'm looking for into the next page... So its a endless battle...tho I have forwarded this to Kevin for him to weigh in on. Enjoy your night everyone!!!

Click
    09-30-08 10:57 PM
    Hey All,

Yeah, I don't mind the idea of having folders for themes... when I first started the forums the Wallpapers and Theme forum had zero threads in it. Not much need for folders then. Though now that it's grown and grown, yeah..I can see how it has become a bit messy.

Couple problems though... one as addressed by Click above. Second is that a lot of people will post about a new Theme, and in that one post put multiple links to all the available versions. What do you do in this case? Force the poster to post in multiple forums?!

The ideal solution is probably put the device models in the thread name - NEW THEME NAME - Curve, Pearl, Bold, etc.

But yeah...I'm open to suggestions too. If there's an optimal solution I'm always all for it.

Moving this thread to Site Questions... let's figure it out!
    10-01-08 02:18 AM
    I agree with Kevin. I like it just fine. I'd rather click to the next page than try looking thru 10+ sections to find what I'm lookling for. Pinstack has an 8300, 8100, etc sections, but like Kevin said, you see an 8100 theme posted in the misc section instead of the 8100 section.

10-01-08 06:00 AM
    Maybe if the forum owner set up a system like "thread prefixes" that would be MANDATORY by the poster to choose (ie 81XX, 83XX, 88XX and so on..)
    You can make it so that if a thread prefix is not selected, the post will not post.

just my 2 cents...
    10-01-08 08:21 AM
    Many thanks for taking my thread in the spirit it was intended. Heck, I love this place but just saw room for improvement, possibly. Apologies for not posting in the correct forum.

It's great that the mods and manager are open to discussion!

I used to be a mod many years ago at Neowin.net, so I know about not being able to please all the people all of the time.

Cheers guys.
    10-01-08 04:43 PM
    I think it's just best to put it under the respective device sections...
    10-06-08 05:58 PM
    I think it's just best to put it under the respective device sections...
    I don't. Because people usually post a theme that is for more than one device. If they put it under the 8100 section they would also have to put it under the others as well.

If you want to clean it up, the new members or people with theme questions need to post in the Theme Developer section and not under Wallpaper and Themes. That's what clogs it up. That way we will see either themes or wallpapers in that section and not loads of newbie questions. Of course, that goes without saying. lol

10-07-08 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD