Thank God I have never received a warning from moderators and I have always taken CB as a place to help others.
    Can someone please tell me if we are allowed to say anything negative or criticise how BlackBerry is managing the expectations/ experiences? What I have felt in the last few months that such voices of concerns are suppressed or been termed as one offs. Mind you l, those members aren’t new ones.
    If CB loses its credibility, then there are no winners at all. My 2 cents.
    04-07-19 04:55 PM
    It's not that complicated to treat people with respect and respond to their opinions and positions in a civil manner.

If you accuse someone of being paid under the table to express someone else's opinion it's an ad hominem attack, and it's against the rules.

If you label someone with a pejorative to dismiss their opinions, rather than engage with the ideas themselves in a civil manner, it's against the rules.

If you use a dismissive and mocking tone, you're being an ***, whether it's against the rules or not.

If you genuinely believe everyone who disagrees with you is part of a hidden conspiracy, that's tougher. There are treatments and medications that may help you, but it's a tough row to hoe.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 04-07-19 at 05:29 PM.
    TgeekB, BBHermes, pdr733 and 3 others like this.
    04-07-19 04:59 PM
    Can someone please tell me if we are allowed to say anything negative or criticise how BlackBerry is managing the expectations/ experiences? What I have felt in the last few months that such voices of concerns are suppressed or been termed as one offs.
    Define "suppressed". Are your posts being deleted?
    04-07-19 05:00 PM
    Define "suppressed". Are your posts being deleted?
    Some are Conite! But you know this! Is it a rhetorical question?
    04-07-19 05:05 PM
    Some are Conite! But you know this! Is it a rhetorical question?
    Stating and discussing a contrary opinion is not suppression. I'm specifically asking about the claim of the latter.
    04-07-19 05:08 PM
    Stating and discussing a contrary opinion is not suppression.
    No need to engage Conite. We all know the thread from yesterday has been scrubbed! Please do not play us for Fools! This is exactly what some folks are talking about! We are better than this!
    04-07-19 05:10 PM
    No need to engage Conite. We all know the thread from yesterday has been scrubbed! Please do not play us for Fools! This is exactly what some folks are talking about! We are better than this!
    The posts that get deleted are the personal attacks. If your non-attack reply is part of a “reply with quote’ it gets deleted since it’s become intertwined with the derogatory personal attack. That’s happened to me including yesterday.
    john_v and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    04-07-19 05:18 PM
    Negative statements about BlackBerry are not scrubbed, but posts that violate the rules are often removed. If you criticize BlackBerry in one part of a post and disparage a fellow member in another part of the same post, you can't expect the moderators to carefully edit out the offending elements. They will likely delete the entire post.

I write longer posts than most, and i've had a number of posts removed by moderators for rule violations. In almost every case, the careful thoughts I put together that didn't violate the rules were removed together with my rule-violating content. It's was unfortunate, but it was my own fault.

I have said some very negatuve things about Android and the usability of Blackdroid phones, and none of it has ever been scrubbed or deleted.

BigBadWulf, john_v and BergerKing like this.
    04-07-19 05:25 PM
    The posts that get deleted are the personal attacks. If your non-attack reply is part of a “reply with quote’ it gets deleted since it’s become intertwined with the derogatory personal attack. That’s happened to me including yesterday.
    ^this
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-07-19 05:26 PM
    I'm asking @TheBond about his general concern regarding suppression. Please give him an opportunity to reply.

I have never seen this myself, but I would like to hear him out. Perhaps there is something I have missed.
    04-07-19 05:28 PM
    I'm asking @TheBond about his concern regarding suppression. Please give him an opportunity to reply.

I have never seen this myself, but I would like to hear him out. Perhaps there is something I have missed.
    I would never dream of speaking for a fellow member. I was responding to your direct query. Which has now been explained. Are you baiting? I assure you, it is quite unnecessary my fellow Canuck!
    04-07-19 05:33 PM
    I would never dream of speaking for a fellow member. I was responding to your direct query. Which has now been explained. Are you baiting? I assure you, it is quite unnecessary my fellow Canuck!
    Nothing has been explained, that's why I'm asking him about his post. I've yet to have seen a respectful, rule-abiding post ever having been deleted unless it was quoting a non-compliant post, or was part of a general cleanup of a thread that went completely off the rails.
    04-07-19 05:41 PM
    Nothing has been explained, that's why I'm asking. I've yet to have seen a respectful, rule-abiding post ever having been deleted unless it was quoting a non-compliant post, or was part of a general cleanup of a thread that went off the rails.
    Do you feel the need to further explain what has already been explained? Why? Sorry my Freind, but I do have more important things to do rather than stroke Ego. Cheers,
    04-07-19 05:45 PM
    Do you feel the need to further explain what has already been explained? Why? Sorry my Freind, but I do have more important things to do rather than stroke Ego. Cheers,
    Since I'm not asking you, that works out just fine.
    04-07-19 05:45 PM
    Since I'm not asking you, that works out just fine.
    Cool, all the best! And by the way, it is at times difficult to discern whom comments are directed to when personal quotes are used in the response in a public forum!
    04-07-19 05:46 PM
    Cool, all the best! And by the way, it is at times difficult to discern whom comments are directed to when personal quotes are used in the response in a public forum!
    Personal quotes are the ONLY way to know who a question is directed to.
    04-07-19 05:54 PM
    Personal quotes are the ONLY way to know who a question is directed to. [IMG=540x810]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190407/0f67f573f2f1dcbe8d7128e456b4c01c.jpg[/url]
    Got it!
    04-07-19 05:56 PM
    Thank God I have never received a warning from moderators and I have always taken CB as a place to help others.
    Can someone please tell me if we are allowed to say anything negative or criticise how BlackBerry is managing the expectations/ experiences? What I have felt in the last few months that such voices of concerns are suppressed or been termed as one offs. Mind you l, those members aren’t new ones.
    Yes, you are free to express your opinions about BlackBerry, BlackBerry Mobile, (etc.) and your experiences with them. All we ask is that you do so within the R&G and keep your discussions with others who may have differing opinions civil. The fact that you have never had an official or unofficial PM from a Moderator is a pretty darned good indication that you've been doing so.

Edit: I didn't address your other concern directly. Some members consider it "suppression" when their posts are deleted, conveniently ignoring the fact that the posts in question contain swearing, insults or are obviously intended to provoke another member/members. Any such posts, and where these posts may be quoted, are deleted.
    BigBadWulf and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    04-07-19 05:58 PM
    Quoting myself so that I don’t get warned. lol
    On a serious note, please read my post again. I’m concerned the environment is getting negative more often then it should.

We’re all fanboys and this probably is the only hangout place for the purists, however lately the place seems to be isolating many and the feeling of being cornered is on the rise. For instance, constantly replying same things over and over in the same thread or defending for the sake of defending, even if it doesn’t concerns one, is a mode of silencing other, because you’re a trusted member or been here before. It creates a toxic environment and diverts the real objective.

If this hasn’t been noticed then I don’t know what to say. I don’t want to name the names as that’s what moderators should be looking at. Saying things directly doesn’t always corresponds to personal attack. There are ways that demeans others and cause distress.
    I just request that we step back and look at closely before we start losing the meaning behind CB. I know a fair few who have left for the same reason already.

Hope my point is understood this time around.
    04-07-19 06:07 PM
    On a serious note, please read my post again. I’m concerned the environment is getting negative more often then it should.

We’re all fanboys and this probably is the only hangout place for the purists, however lately the place seems to be isolating many and the feeling of being cornered is on the rise. For instance, constantly replying same things over and over in the same thread or defending for the sake of defending, even if it doesn’t concerns one, is a mode of silencing other, because you’re a trusted member or been here before. It creates a toxic environment and diverts the real objective.

If this hasn’t been noticed then I don’t know what to say. I don’t want to name the names as that’s what moderators should be looking at. Saying things directly doesn’t always corresponds to personal attack. There are ways that demeans others and cause distress.
    I just request that we step back and look at closely before we start losing the meaning behind CB. I know a fair few who have left for the same reason already.

I'm confused. Are you saying that responding with a thoughtful, contrary opinion makes people feel unwelcome? I'm of the opinion that, when posting on a public forum, the only thing one has a right to expect is that one's thought's will be taken in good faith.

I often find that I post something I have strong feelings about only to find 10 people immediate disagree with me just as strongly. I don't see that as a problem. Could you please clarify what you mean?

BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-07-19 06:21 PM

If this hasn’t been noticed then I don’t know what to say. I don’t want to name the names as that’s what moderators should be looking at.
    I understand what you are talking about, and absolutely agree that seeing the same points and discussion being repeated is exhausting. However, as long as the comments do not go against the R&G, I would be guilty of supression were I to delete them on that basis.
    04-07-19 06:41 PM

What do you think we should all do or not do specifically? We have the TOS and the R&G to follow already. Specificities as much as is possible...
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-07-19 07:30 PM
    I'm going to put my two cents here.
    Sometime ago I got into a real disagreement with a mod, what it was over is now in the long murky inaccessible region of my brain. He put me in my place. In short order I let it go because he was and still is one the mods who has my utmost respect.
    In short I respect all of the mods and the freely given hard work they do.
    So I want to thank all of the mods. I wouldn't want the job.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 04-08-19 at 04:19 AM.
    04-07-19 07:48 PM
    I'm going to put my two cents here.
    Sometime ago I got into a real disagreement Wirth a mod, what it was over is now in the long murky inaccessible region of my brain. He put me in my place. In short order I let it go because he was and still is one the mods who has my utmost respect.
    In short I respect all of the mods and the freely given hard work they do.
    So I want to thank all of the mods. I wouldn't want the job.
    ^^^^ this can't be stated enough
    04-07-19 09:33 PM
    I love a good discussion (or debate). My opinions also tend to align with BBMo and BlackBerry on a majority of issues because of my business perspective. I'm mostly a numbers person, and I understand ROI. I'm thankful Prem and Chen came along, or none of us would be here talking about any of this today.
    Thank you for clearing this up. The way you often speak so confidently about BlackBerry's financials made myself and possibly others think that you actually work for BlackBerry and have insider information about their financial situation. For example, what they can afford and what they cannot.
    Now you have made it clear that you have no insider information and are simply speculating. Thank you for finally making this clear. I appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-19 02:15 AM
372 12345 ...