Back in the day, when a rehab thread of mine was popular, once in a while someone would start posting, with email notifications on. The thread was going over 500 posts a day . Needless to say, they would freak out and beg for help. At the time there was a how-to thread covering all the settings, but it's no longer on the site. I'll solve that, in the hopes it helps a few, but the number of members who RTFM are staggering low. The R&G ratioed well over 100k to 1. Why else would the same questions constantly be asked by members? We as a community always seem to come together to help whatever is needed
    Thanks BigBadWulf for your offer to assist with this. It is greatly appreciated!
    BigBadWulf and anon(10387168) like this.
    04-12-19 09:37 AM
    A big thanks to @Bla1ze and @howarmat, as well as the many other mods here for chipping in to this thread and helping get to the bottom of the notification issue. As you all know, a big part of managing conflict is having the controls at your disposal to do so. When we are being notified against our will, it makes that a lot harder. And of course, the granularity of settings also helps, because you don't necessarily have to turn the taps off completely in order to have some peace of mind. But I really do believe looking into a better set of controls will help the entirety of mobile nations in this regard, not just CB. And at the very least, tailored to work properly on at least ONE reliable app.

It doesn't help that so much of this becomes personal even when it's not intended to. The limitations of the written word!

Having said all that, at the end of the day the best way to resolve any conflict is to simply agree to get along and put your differences aside - or better, treat each other as friends instead of sparring partners, and seeing beyond "the rules"! With the BlackBerry community getting ever smaller, it's never been so important! I will certainly resolve to be a better and more conscientious member...and I hope other members here can agree to do the same.

Cheers! And here's to the Key3 (should it ever arrive). All the best!
    One thing that sometimes may inadvertently add to tensions is that, when someone posts something that others have strong feelings about, there may be many responses, which could lead to the poster feeling "swarmed" as another member described.

In reality, it's just that some of us who are active take the discussion seriously and each individually have something to say. I can see how getting a bunch of unwanted notifications could feel oppressive.!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    BigBadWulf and Tim-ANC like this.
    04-12-19 12:53 PM
    One thing that sometimes may inadvertently add to tensions is that, when someone posts something that others have strong feelings about, there may be many responses, which could lead to the poster feeling "swarmed" as another member described.

In reality, it's just that some of us who are active take the discussion seriously and each individually have something to say. I can see how getting a bunch of unwanted notifications could feel oppressive.!

True.

The very nature of having a minority or solitary opinion on a public forum will always feel that way. But as long as everyone just sticks to the facts, and doesn't get personal, it's no harm, no foul.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-12-19 01:08 PM
    sticks to the facts
    hahahahahahahahaha!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    04-12-19 01:43 PM
    hahahahahahahahaha!
    No kidding. Lol.
    04-12-19 02:08 PM

The ignore member setting works great too.
    04-12-19 02:46 PM
    ...clowns to the left of us, jokers to the right, here we are stuck in the middle...

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-12-19 03:29 PM
    ...clowns to the left of us, jokers to the right, here we are stuck in the middle...

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    LMAO
    04-12-19 03:35 PM

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Hahaha, classic! I cannot listen to that song without visualizing losing an ear!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-12-19 03:49 PM
    Well...

Now that we have that all wrapped up...

Thread Closures?-closed-kitten.jpg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-12-19 08:31 PM
    I’m allergic to cats
    04-12-19 08:36 PM
    I’m allergic to cats
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-12-19 09:01 PM
    [IMG=400x225]https://i.giphy.com/media/GwGXoeb0gm7sc/giphy.webp[/url]
    Hahaha, I am definitely a dog guy! Although, they do look cool!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-12-19 09:12 PM
    Hahaha, I am definitely a dog guy! Although, they do look cool!
    Current evil beast, celebrating his 16th birthday...
    Attached Thumbnails Thread Closures?-img_20190123_215042937.jpg  
    BergerKing and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-12-19 09:22 PM
    Current evil beast, celebrating his 16th birthday...
    Nice, we lost our lab 3 years ago at 12. True companions unconditionally! Now we have one of these! Hahaha, I love her and easier to take on the lap than 80lbs! Thread Closures?-img_20180509_1633391.jpeg
    BigBadWulf and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-12-19 09:26 PM
    The CB10 and both Android Forums apps are next to useless for anything other than reading and posting, they only show member join date and post count. The web version is the best way to view and use the forums...
    So I've played around with trying to use the web view a bit on my Z10, to read and post in the forums. For me, the CB10 app seems to be way more efficient for the vast majority of my reading and posting needs on my Z10. Some of the sub forums don't appear to be organized the same way through the web view (although the example I have was for Playbook forums/threads so maybe there was no effort to most fully ensure various older related subjects were consistent).

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    04-13-19 12:21 PM
    I’m allergic to cats
    Damn, me too. Where's my shotgun?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-14-19 09:52 AM
    I have a grave concern! Where have the comments in the "Deep Test on PKB" thread gone! This thread has been scrubbed! Either put back all comments or explain yourselves, immediately!!! This is deplorable!!! Explanation is in need of immediate attention!!!
    04-14-19 11:22 PM
    I have a grave concern! Where have the comments in the "Deep Test on PKB" thread gone! This thread has been scrubbed! Either put back all comments or explain yourselves, immediately!!! This is deplorable!!! Explanation is in need of immediate attention!!!
    Oh no! I didn’t notice it as I replied and forgot about that thread. What’s going on? All my posts are gone too.
    Alright this is exactly what I feel about over policing.

Can someone please elaborate on this? If there’s something we are not allowed to talk about, at least we have the right to know. I’m really confused why the discussion was censored

Hope this doesn’t get removed either!!
    04-14-19 11:30 PM
    I have grave concern every mod action is becoming a public debate. I though we had that cleared up.
    04-14-19 11:42 PM
    I have grave concern every mod action is becoming a public debate. I though we had that cleared up.
    Sorry, and with all due respect, why where member comments removed?
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-14-19 11:44 PM
    What we cleared up that if R&G is upheld, then criticism and healthy discussion is constructive, unless non-moderators efforts to post comments has no relevance / importance.

I just wanted to know why? It was a healthy discussion about keyboard issue after applying a new update by one of the members. Those who are affected awaits for a fix. So it’s reasonable for them to discuss the problems and how they shape up. I don’t think it required moderating.

If you want, I can post what I wrote, I have got a copy (thanks to the quotes from the emails).
    04-14-19 11:55 PM
    Sorry, and with all due respect, why where member comments removed?
    What we cleared up that if R&G is upheld, then criticism and healthy discussion is constructive, unless non-moderators efforts to post comments has no relevance / importance.

I just wanted to know why? It was a healthy discussion about keyboard issue after applying a new update by one of the members. Those who are affected awaits for a fix. So it’s reasonable for them to discuss the problems and how they shape up. I don’t think it required moderating.

If you want, I can post what I wrote, I have got a copy (thanks to the quotes from the emails).
    I believe the general rule is to discuss mod issues over DM.
    Laura Knotek and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-15-19 12:07 AM
    I believe the general rule is to discuss mod issues over DM.
    What are you talking about? Explain yourself. The CB world is watching!
    04-15-19 12:09 AM
    What are you talking about? Explain yourself. The CB world is watching!
    I'm not a mod. I'm just telling you what I've read.
    04-15-19 12:12 AM
372 ... 1112131415