My comments disappeared as well. Seemed like a pretty civil discussion to me?

Did someone say something completely off the rails (that we all missed) triggering a mass deletion? Because if not, I can't see how anyone who was following the thread could be thinking anything other than censorship at this point.
    anon(10387168) and TheBond like this.
    04-15-19 12:12 AM
    I believe the general rule is to discuss mod issues over DM.
    Agreed. I thought if I have crossed the line or said something appropriate, I would be warned by the moderator. I’m happy to delete / modify my comments, if needed.
    If it wasn’t for Crusader, I wouldn’t even know. As other members, I contribute wherever necessary without subbing to a thread.

Also this thread was all about the inquiring about the random policing to frame the thoughts in certain way. This exactly was highlighted here and it made sense to bring it to the notice of others in public.

I will also reach out to the moderators now and see how it goes. I’m very curious why it was cleared.
    04-15-19 12:22 AM
    Agreed. I thought if I have crossed the line or said something appropriate, I would be warned by the moderator. I’m happy to delete / modify my comments, if needed.
    If it wasn’t for Crusader, I wouldn’t even know. As other members, I contribute wherever necessary without subbing to a thread.

Also this thread was all about the inquiring about the random policing to frame the thoughts in certain way. This exactly was highlighted here and it made sense to bring it to the notice of others in public.

I will also reach out to the moderators now and see how it goes. I’m very curious why it was cleared.
    I’ve pm’d you
    04-15-19 12:25 AM
    Sorry, and with all due respect, why where member comments removed?
    Right here, in the R&G, which your continued disregard of them is noted.

Volunteers - Do not post complaints about Moderators or Ambassadors. Mobile Nations has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time with us. Every day they put their time and effort in to read through hundreds of threads and posts, and reach out to folks to make sure they feel welcome. For moderation in particular, all decisions are final We trust that any action that a moderator takes will follow the above rules and guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any moderator action.

This has been one of the longest standing rules of the CrackBerry Forums. If you have questions, refer to the rules and guidelines. If they don't answer your questions, take it to PM or contact our boss, Bla1ze. If posts are removed, they didn't pass the R&G test. Clean up followed. That is all.
    04-15-19 01:14 AM
    Right here, in the R&G, which your continued disregard of them is noted.

Volunteers - Do not post complaints about Moderators or Ambassadors. Mobile Nations has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time with us. Every day they put their time and effort in to read through hundreds of threads and posts, and reach out to folks to make sure they feel welcome. For moderation in particular, all decisions are final We trust that any action that a moderator takes will follow the above rules and guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any moderator action.

This has been one of the longest standing rules of the CrackBerry Forums. If you have questions, refer to the rules and guidelines. If they don't answer your questions, take it to PM or contact our boss, Bla1ze. If posts are removed, they didn't pass the R&G test. Clean up followed. That is all.
    We will. Thank you. It does seem very strange and members can also see that.
    04-15-19 01:29 AM
    If you have any questions regarding something that a moderator has done, then the proper thing to do is to send him or her a private message requesting further information. The moderators will be able to address your concerns.
    04-15-19 04:23 AM
    If you have any questions regarding something that a moderator has done, then the proper thing to do is to send him or her a private message requesting further information. The moderators will be able to address your concerns.
    I did once...and I was totally ignored ..
    04-15-19 08:08 AM
    I did once...and I was totally ignored ..
    Maybe you forgot to say "please." 😉
    04-15-19 08:19 AM
    For the thread in question, a lot of us (and perhaps all of us, can't say for certain) who had posts removed didn't even know which moderator was responsible. At least not until the questions about the post deletions were posted publicly and the moderator came forward. Half of the thread disappeared with no explanation.

So it seems part of the proper thing to do is also informing people what has happened and why posts have been deleted so members can take the appropriate action(s) (and hence avoid being accused of not doing the proper thing) in the first place.
    TheBond and anon(10387168) like this.
    04-15-19 08:56 AM
    There are many times that we will post a message in the thread indicating that posts were removed and to get back on topic, stop fighting, etc. Its not required that a mod do that though as its not always needed. Lots of times a post here and there is off topic and removed we arent going to post a message. Its not warranted, then everyone wants to know why it was removed and such and the cycle goes round and round.

We do TONS of things behind the scene that you as members dont know and dont need to know about. Sometimes members might notice but often times not. Either way nothing is being "hidden" from you or that we are covering things up. Its just routine stuff to keep threads flowing, on topic and members in line.
    04-15-19 09:15 AM
    I generally stay clear and avoid p*ssing contests on Forums and I'm not engaging in this one. As I have mentioned previously, I currently Moderate a Forum and I was a past Administrator. Forums are made up with a varied degree of personalities and attitudes. As a whole generally, the Members and Moderators here on CrackBerry are decent individuals. Will we all get along and agree 100% of the time... No, that's human nature.

In this particular instance having posts scrubbed/deleted was a decision made by a Moderator as they obviously felt there was a valid reason. That was his/her decision and as Members we have to accept it... Like it perhaps not, but bottom line Moderators run the Forum and Moderate as they see fit. Been there... Done that.

In my experience running a Forum as a Moderator and I make a decision to scrub/flush/delete posts, I will make it a point to post in the thread the reason I did so. I also state, that if the Member's post/posts that were scrubbed had any need to have a discussion regarding my decision to drop me a PM and we can continue the discussion off the main Forum. Most times that goes well and we have a meeting of the minds over the reason I saw fit to do what I did. However, there have been a few occasions the private discussion gets personal from the offended Member and my/our decision is to hit the Ban Button. I hope that will never happen to any of the affected Members here.

That's all I have and will say regarding this issue... But a heads up can take the speculation out of why things like this occur, in my opinion.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 04-15-19 at 10:30 AM.
    04-15-19 10:16 AM
    I generally stay clear and avoid p*ssing contests on Forums and I'm not engaging in this one. As I have mentioned previously, I currently Moderate a Forum and I was a past Administrator. Forums are made up with a varied degree of personalities and attitudes. As a whole generally, the Members and Moderators here on CrackBerry are decent individuals. Will we all get along and agree 100% of the time... No, that's human nature.

In this particular instance having posts scrubbed/deleted was a decision made by a Moderator as they obviously felt there was a valid reason. That was his/her decision and as Members we have to accept it... Like it perhaps not, but bottom line Moderators run the Forum and Moderate as they see fit. Been there... Done that.

In my experience running a Forum as a Moderator and I make a decision to scrub/flush/delete posts, I will make it a point to post in the thread the reason I did so. I also state, that if the Member's post/posts that were scrubbed had any need to have a discussion regarding my decision to drop me a PM and we can continue the discussion off the main Forum. Most times that goes well and we have a meeting of the minds over the reason I saw fit to do what I did. However, there have been a few occasions the private discussion gets personal from the offended Member and my/our decision is to hit the Ban Button. I hope that will never happen to any of the affected Members here.

That's all I have and will say regarding this issue... But a heads up can take the speculation out of why things like this occur, in my opinion.

Bob
    As a wise professor once taught - there is the explanation, and there is truth. Confuse them at your peril...
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    04-15-19 10:51 AM
    Affected members should all have received PM from me. If you haven't, send me a PM and I'll reply via PM as forum R&G details.

Thank you and sorry if you were omitted.
    04-15-19 11:09 AM
    Affected members should all have received PM from me. If you haven't, send me a PM and I'll reply via PM as forum R&G details.

Thank you and sorry if you were omitted.
    Thank you Chuck. Your reaching out was not only the right thing to do, but was appreciated! We will let you live to fight another day!
    04-15-19 05:06 PM
    Thank you Chuck. Your reaching out was not only the right thing to do, but was appreciated! We will let you live to fight another day!
    Thank you. I feel like I’ve survived an episode of Game of Thrones, ironically...
    04-15-19 05:46 PM
    For the thread in question, a lot of us (and perhaps all of us, can't say for certain) who had posts removed didn't even know which moderator was responsible. At least not until the questions about the post deletions were posted publicly and the moderator came forward.
    Y'all are the Carl Lewis of conclusion jumpers, LoL! Just because I provided an explanation, does not mean I was the one who deleted the posts. Please, for the love of G-d and sanity of the community, stop presuming things, especially in the worst of ways.

Anyone is welcome to hit me up by PM if you have a question and I'm the mod you're most comfortable with. I may not immediately respond, but I promise I always will.
    Laura Knotek and john_v like this.
    04-15-19 08:25 PM
    Thank you. I feel like I’ve survived an episode of Game of Thrones, ironically...
    I have a silver platter with your name on it. Just sayin'
    04-15-19 08:26 PM
    there have been a few occasions the private discussion gets personal from the offended Member and my/our decision is to hit the Ban Button. I hope that will never happen to any of the affected Members here.
    And they think we're tough here

We expect the worst, but most members respond quite reasonably to an infraction. No one gets banned for proving themselves a fool via PM, unless it's to another member.
    04-15-19 09:48 PM
    I have somehow managed to only experience a single 48 hour suspension in the 6+ years I've been a member of the CB community, and that was for getting too personal in trying to explain why repeatedly using name-calling and labeling to win an argument was offensive and unconvincing when I should have just reported the poster.

I was genuinely trying to help them improve their argument, but I fell victim to the first rule of responding to offensive posters:

"Never try to teach a pig to dance. It doesn't work, and it annoys the pig."

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-16-19 10:50 AM
    I too received an Infraction Notice 8 years ago for "insulting" a Member of the Forum... Suffice to say that was my one and only infraction. I'm still here on CrackBerry however the Member I insulted has long since left the Forum.... hahaha

Bob
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-16-19 11:17 AM
    By using some Michael Weston tactics? (inside joke)
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-16-19 11:25 AM
    I have somehow managed to only experience a single 48 hour suspension in the 6+ years I've been a member of the CB community, and that was for getting too personal in trying to explain why repeatedly using name-calling and labeling to win an argument was offensive and unconvincing when I should have just reported the poster.

I was genuinely trying to help them improve their argument, but I fell victim to the first rule of responding to offensive posters:

Also, never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in mud, and the pig enjoys it
    04-16-19 11:35 AM
    Also, never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in mud, and the pig enjoys it
    We should add the "dealing with forum pigs" tips as a forums guide sticky!

john_v and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-16-19 11:56 AM

You are one of my favorites here. Not because I agree with you, as at least half the time I don't, but you express your opinion clearly, and without belittling the opposing view. I hold you up as exhibit A of how it is done!
    john_v, TgeekB, howarmat and 4 others like this.
    04-16-19 02:04 PM
    You are one of my favorites here. Not because I agree with you, as at least half the time I don't, but you express your opinion clearly, and without belittling the opposing view. I hold you up as exhibit A of how it is done!
    I have had my moments, as many here will attest, but thanks!

BigBadWulf and john_v like this.
    04-16-19 05:56 PM
372 ... 12131415