Just recently sent an email reply about why I now steadfastly keep my adblocker up on CrackBerry. Coincidentally(?) now my Perfect Adblocker browser can not make the Doggy go away! He relentlessly pops back up again so I went to a different browser. To see what, I don't know.

To Advertisers Everywhere: A poster ad with or without a link to your wonderful stuff would be fine. Like the good old days when ads were just friendly pictures, yes, I am old enough to remember those days.

But for those of us who pay big bucks for our DATA PLAN, hijacking the browser to make loud noise at me or video streams with popup windows and flashy movements that prevent me from enjoying looking at the screen at all, and burn up my monthly gigabites against my will, and even force me to kill my browser in order to end the torture, forget any politeness on my part for the sake of my advertisers' ability to earn money, it has been just pushing too far, too hard, and the answer is no, that is unacceptable. I do read ads, I buy things, and I send donations to sites when I feel like it. I am not insensitive to the need for sites to make money.

Specifically for this site, there were several YEARS of pain and sorrow with the inability to use the site at all; the scripts were so messy I wouldn't have been able to get inundated with ads anyway. When I discovered the right combo of adblocker and browser/ phone that can once again access CrackBerry, there was no option to go back, and no guilt or sympathy from me, after all I had tried to explain like so many others that the scripts were disabling our devices, only to be told the problem is mine, or else ignored or deleted.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest I will quietly have a look around at the newest news here, and you can tell the Sad Doggy it's Nuthin' Personal.
    04-20-18 11:42 PM
    The doggy would still give you a snuggle, it's OK.
    04-21-18 12:18 AM