So I see the Daily Deal announcement on the Crackberry homepage yesterday about Tether being 50% off through the end of the day only, and I go ahead and purchase it for $24.97. It's such a great app that I tell my co-worker about it this morning and she checks it out, and wouldn't you know it's now dropped to $16.48! Thanks for ripping me off for $8.49 Crackberry.
    07-01-10 08:39 AM
    woah. that doesn't seem right. looking into it.

that's not be design. likely an error that popped up with the DoD widget. am sure it will be fixed shortly. definitely not an intended screwjob!!!

thx for the patience.
    07-01-10 08:50 AM
    I can understand your complaint. The store is run, but Mobihand which is separate from Crackberry. Here is the Customer Support page. I would suggest you contact them directly perhaps they can work something out for you.

BlackBerry Apps Support - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

EDIT: Or Kevin can handle it personally!
    07-01-10 08:51 AM
    Tether in itself is a screwjob..desktop manager has its own easy way to tether your blackberry...but heck, if Tether makes you feel good...use it.
    07-01-10 08:54 AM
    Hi,

thanks for bringing this up and sorry for the trouble we might have caused. Tether is the Deal of the Day for today, July 1st, and its sale price as we set it yesterday while preparing the deal is $24.97 (i.e. 50% off the regular price).

Now, what happened in the past few hours is that one of our little monkeys while crunching data into a database got a bit over-generous the last time it run, and Tether gained an extra $8 or so discount.

The price mismatch is now corrected, and the sale is back to $24.97. On a side-note, congrats to whoever snagged away a copy of Tether for $16... they definitely got an impressive deal

- Adriano
    07-01-10 10:23 AM
    I don't think anyone got the deal. Reports are in that the store refused to honor the price and apologies are running rampant.
    07-01-10 02:58 PM
    I don't think anyone got the deal. Reports are in that the store refused to honor the price and apologies are running rampant.
    I saw the deal last night, thought about... then this morning saw the super low price and jumped on it Every once in awhile you get lucky!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 04:55 PM
    Just to confirm, orders were honored normally, despite the lower-than-planned price. Congrats to chongman for the great deal he got a few hours ago.
    07-01-10 05:02 PM
    I picked it up as well.. It was a pleasant surprise. Haven't used it yet, but only wanted it as a backup.
    07-01-10 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD