I don't know what happened in the past few days, but the CrackBerry site, especially the forums, is unusable. Some thing is messing with the browser drawing and the ability to click links. I noticed this on the PlayBook a day or two ago.

I just tried it on my Q10 browser using the desktop site and I think it may be a floating CrackBerry header making the page jump all over the place and not draw properly. For example when clicking on a link that goes to a post in a thread, if you then try to scroll up, the page is blank, scroll back down and it may or may not redraw.

Has some coding changed on the site, perhaps since last week?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 05:46 PM
    I'm on the Site right this moment using my PlayBook and Q10 with no problems at all.
    02-26-14 07:14 PM
    @robsteve - would you be able to post some shots of what you're seeing? Haven't had any other reports of this, but we would like to check it out to see if we can reproduce.
    02-27-14 09:08 AM
    Just tried it on the Q10. Site is hung, not loading all the way.

On the Playbook, I deleted cache, history and cookies and cannot get to the mobilenations login site. It is just a blank page with a round CrackBerry logo in the middle with the loading bar stuck.

Site unusable on PlayBook and Q10 browser-img_20140227_153952.png

Edit:

I checked my phone a little while later and the site had eventually loaded. It is also loading on the phone better now. Something is hanging up the loading, perhaps an ill behaved ad server or ad. I am in Canada if it matters.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robsteve; 02-27-14 at 02:12 PM.
    02-27-14 01:42 PM
    Just to update, PlayBook will not login to CrackBerry. It hangs on the passport.mobilenations.com load, just showing the CrackBerry logo and the progress bar stuck 7/8 loaded.
    02-28-14 06:32 AM
    Stock Browser, or are you using Oragami? I had that problem with Oragami.
    02-28-14 06:41 AM
    Yes if you can post device, browser and OS details that would be helpful. Could be a number of different things, but the more we know the sooner we can diagnose and (hopefully) fix!
    02-28-14 09:25 AM
    I am using Origami browser. I tried the stock browser and got a certificate warning that I had to accept. The certificate was for Google analytics.

Just to be clear, on the PlayBook, after logging out, I can no longer log into CrackBerry using origami browser.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robsteve; 02-28-14 at 11:36 AM.
    02-28-14 11:25 AM
    I am also unable to log on to Crackberry from my Playbook when using Origami, but can if using other browsers. Like robsteve, the log in page won't fully load for me in Origami, all I see is a white page with the CB logo.

I also notice that when accessing Crackberry from my desktop, I appear to be picking up an unusually high volume of tracking cookies. I picked up 13 in one brief visit to the site earlier this morning. And when I ran a SuperAntiSpyware scan last night, it detected 20+ spyware items/tracking cookies from Crackberry and Mobilenations. That's compared with just 3 from Google, which I use far more frequently than Crackberry.
    03-02-14 05:37 AM
    The site pages will not load completely with native, Simple, Fast, or Origami browsers w/wo flash/java running. US/Midwest.
    03-02-14 08:02 AM
    Yes if you can post device, browser and OS details that would be helpful. Could be a number of different things, but the more we know the sooner we can diagnose and (hopefully) fix!
    James:

Has anybody looked into this? If you go to the PlayBook forum, there are lots of users experiencing the same issues.

Did a recent site update undo the special fixes you had for PlayBooks when this last happened?

Other than the login problem, which seems to be Origami and other third part browser specific, the site is also unstable on the stock browser. My best guess is you are overloading the memory of the PlayBook. Is there a large image file layered into the site that may be causing the problem? Who fixed it the last time? Perhaps they can look into it again.
    03-02-14 11:51 AM
    You may be right. I'll be sure to check this out with tech today. Rest assured, I'll make sure this gets added to the 'to do' list.

Thanks!
    03-03-14 08:38 AM
    We are looking into multiple issues here in the CB Forums today. Hold tight, stay patient, we'll get things patched up!
    03-06-14 08:45 AM
    Except for not being able to log into the site with Origami browser, I have found CrackBerry a bit more stable the past few days.

Do we have a solution to why the Origami browser and all other third party browsers cannot log in? My guess is it has something to do with Google, but I may be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 06:46 AM
    Did the support staff get a chance to look into the problem of logging in with third party browsers and the PlayBook?
    03-20-14 08:15 PM
    Glad to hear things are better!

In regards to Origami, it is on our list. If possible I'd suggest using Firefox or Chrome until we can have a look. Thanks for your patience!
    03-21-14 08:18 AM
    Glad to hear things are better!

In regards to Origami, it is on our list. If possible I'd suggest using Firefox or Chrome until we can have a look. Thanks for your patience!
    James, you might want to try Firefox or Chrome on a PlayBook and let us know how you make out.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 05:17 PM
    Yep, will make sure tech puts this through the paces!

I take it you're still experiencing the same troubles?
    03-24-14 08:23 AM
    Yep, will make sure tech puts this through the paces!

I take it you're still experiencing the same troubles?
    I am just experiencing the login problem.

I was being sarcastic when I suggested you try Firefox or Chrome on the PlayBook, as the PlayBook does not have these browsers available.
    03-24-14 03:20 PM
    I know, I know... no worries

Thanks for your patience!! We haven't forgotten about this.
    03-25-14 08:36 AM
    I just updated one of my Playbook to the new 2.1.0.1917 seems to have solved the Mobile nations login problem with Origami browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 10:32 AM
    Same here, robsteve
    03-31-14 10:45 AM
    I just updated one of my Playbook to the new 2.1.0.1917 seems to have solved the Mobile nations login problem with Origami browser.

Posted via CB10
    *thumbs up*
    04-01-14 09:04 AM