When I buy apps from the CB App Store, it does not always ask for a PIN. I understand their explanation for needing it but is it secure giving the PIN. How securely do they handle the PIN? What does PIN stand for? What happens if it gets out?
    08-15-09 05:05 PM
    The PIN is the PIN to your device..every BB has one and to give it...allows developers the ability to activate certain applications on your device as they are often locked to your device--and your device alone. Some applications need it--some do not such as themes.

Security...look around the forums, users have their PIN posted everywhere..security issue is a question of your personal judgment, worst that can really happen is you have someone request you on BlackBerry messenger unwarranted--in which case...decline the request.
    08-15-09 05:20 PM
    So what you are saying is there is very little downside risk.

When buying the same app in BB App World, BB already has my PIN?....and therefore does not need to request it?
    08-15-09 05:39 PM
    So what you are saying is there is very little downside risk.

When buying the same app in BB App World, BB already has my PIN?....and therefore does not need to request it?

The app developers you may be purchasing from DO NOT have your PIN so you still may run into times in which you will need to supply it. RIM and App world are not fully integrated enough to share that information with all developers in app worlds and alas, them to share it will all app developers would become a privacy matter at that point.
    08-15-09 05:56 PM
    On a totally unrelated question...I don't want to seem prudish but is there any attempt to screen apps the "sex" app that is currently being discussed in the 3rd Party Apps forum? There could be impressionable minors on this site. One of the things that I have disliked most about Apple is their lack of taste when it comes to apps like the shaken baby app.
    08-15-09 06:17 PM
    BTW.FYI. I just Berry Buzz from BB App World and my PIN was read from my device. I did not have to enter it as with CB App Store.
    08-15-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD