Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

This post is simple, help us, to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'somone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post...

Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example:

Subject: My Pearl will not show myFaves icons...
    Body of post: I've tried various themes, etc, etc...

Well, you get the picture.
    04-01-07 01:00 PM
    Very good point Navilyn.
    04-01-07 02:11 PM
    Thanks for pointing that out, Navilyn.

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

This post is simple, help us, to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'somone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post...

Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example:

Subject: My Pearl will not show myFaves icons...
    Body of post: I've tried various themes, etc, etc...

Well, you get the picture.
    04-01-07 05:19 PM
    That subject usually works for me at my day job... We are in fact magical mind readers that know exactly what you mean, exactly when you mean it... :-)
    04-01-07 08:25 PM
    Thanks for posting this Navilyn. I definitely prefer seeing the subject lines to be on topic and not conversational (examples - "lmao..." or "and...." or etc.), even when replying to a post and not starting a new one.

Reason being is that our Forums Widget at the top right corner of the the site pulls the new thread titles, so when they are not descriptive or are conversational they don't add much value to the widget (you can't really tell what the post is about from the snippet).

We do have a couple of things on our end that we could do also to mitigate this....let me know your thoughts:

a) the forums widget could ignore pulling the latest thread posts from the Anything Goes and CrackBerry General Discussion forums - these are probably the two biggest forum category contributors of poor titles

b) we could always refer only to the starting thread title...so even if a new thread has 20 posts, when post 21 is made the widget will refer to the original thread title only (though the link will still take you to the current thread title/page). - this might be the best option

So let me know what you guys think...

Thanks!

Kevin
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 04-05-07 at 09:22 AM.
    04-05-07 08:54 AM
    b) we could always refer only to the starting thread title...so even if a new thread has 20 posts, when post 21 is made the widget will refer to the original thread title only (though the link will still take you to the current thread title/page). - this might be the best option
    This is my vote
    04-05-07 09:43 AM
    I agree with Kasperapd...
    04-05-07 09:47 AM
    Cool Guys...I'll put through that request to Tom. I think that makes sense.
    04-05-07 10:07 AM
    ...now implemented! Let me know your thoughts on it....
    04-05-07 10:34 AM
    I take it we should log out, and back in, or does it not really matter?
    04-05-07 10:37 AM
    Works like a charm; I logged out, and back in...
    04-05-07 10:40 AM
    Would have also been my vote.....

The widget does work really well........
    04-05-07 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD