Okay,

When I post in an EXISTING thread using the "mobile" version of CrackBerry.com, the content of my post is still shown in the new reply text-box at the bottom of my screen, even after clicking the "submit" button...

If I click the "submit" button a second time straight away, the screen refreshes with the thread and although my post is now missing from the new reply text-box, it is not shown in the thread (this includes if I refresh the thread or log-out and them back-in)!

However, if I wait 20-30 seconds BEFORE clicking the "submit" button a second time, I am instead told that my post is a duplicate, and then re-directed to the thread where my reply is not shown (again, this includes if I refresh the thread or log-out and them back-in)!

In both of the above cases, my posts are VERY rarely shown, even after a delay of many hours or days... Although it's rare, ocasionally my posts DO seem to work, although as best I can tell, it appears to be random - it is possible that my posts are not showing until someone else posts another message AFTER mine in the same thread, although I have not been able to confirm this 100% as yet and there is a strong possibility I could be wrong about this.

When it comes to creating NEW threads, my posts appear to work the first time, but often my thread will be delayed in appearing or seem to disappear...

All these issues are specific to CrackBerry.com; they are also highly frustrating and make threads EXTREMELY difficult to follow, almost to the point that I don't want to use these forums!

I did post about this in a seperate thread (someone else's thread, for a loosely-related topic), but I didn't seem to get any resolve and this is quite a major issue, so I have raised this issue in its own thread...

Hopefully someone will fix this issue as I really would like to continue using these forums as they seem to be quite active - it would be a real shame to have to look to an alternative forum because no one can fix this.

Thanks guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-08 09:13 AM
    Okay, I found out a solution that works like a charm...

After hitting "reply" the first time, the page reloads with your reply still in the reply box, right (see above for more detail)?

Well if you refresh the page (BlackBerry short-cut "r" when the text-box is not on-screen), the page will refresh, you text will be missing from the reply box and you reply will actually be shown at the bottom of the thread!

Annoying at first, but it now means that EVERY post I make wirelessly shows up in the forums, immediately...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-08 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD