Hey All,

OK.. So for many years we didn't count posts in our social forums as contributing to user post count. So if you posted in the Off Topic forum, the Pin Sharing forums, etc., your post count never went up for those posts.

Our historical reason for this was because users looked to post count as a sign of user reputation. And it's understandable as our forum user titles were tied to post count but the names reflected reputation.

Moving forward we're looking at post count as a sign of forum activity - not a single indicator for reputation. With the rollout of Mobile Nations Passport throughout our sites, we're going to be building out a super duper account profile for users, that will take into account a BUNCH of things and will clearly break apart things like user activity and reputation.

That all said, forum post count is now a sign of activity. A post in the forums is a post. Period. So right now I'm running an update on our forums backend to update forum post count to include those year's worth of forum posts in the social forums that we didn't count. There's a lot of posts here... so it'll probably take all day to run. After that, when a post is made, the new Global account will update to include that count too (Global posts reflects counts throughout all our sites).

As we transition it's a little messy here.. but in a very short time this will all make perfect sense. And I think you're all gonna love it.

So much awesome stuff coming to the site. Can't wait for it all!

Kevin
    11-11-12 08:54 PM
    I'm ready for the servers to crap out any minute now. The sheer number of posts...it's MIND BOGGLING!

I mean, what if the server becomes sentient and actually tries to interpret the 50k thread???
    What if it begins to participate in the thread??!
    11-11-12 09:50 PM
    lmao....32K posts wow
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-11-12 09:51 PM
    lmao....32K posts wow
    Hey! A few of those were productive mister.
    11-11-12 11:01 PM
    WTF?! 32,000 posts?!

OK, the script finished running... and you're definitely getting a BB10 phone on me Ed -- Mr. BigBadWulf -- for being the "most active" CrackBerry forum poster of all time.

C R A Z Y.
    BigBadWulf, Ecm and OniBerry like this.
    11-12-12 01:04 AM
    Fo reelz?

11-12-12 06:53 AM
    Grats Wulf. You deserve it.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-12-12 06:57 AM
    May a humble "Abuser" offer a suggestion? When time permits, I'd love to see a breakdown of the ratio of CB members by ranking. ~ecm
    11-12-12 07:10 AM
    Grats Wulf. You deserve it.
    Thanks MM, and I'd also like to thank my family, for leaving me in the basement all this time!

Seriously though......I figured PK, AG and I would be clumped closer together, and never expected my count would exceed 30k. Wowzers! And almost all those posts from my lowly .
    11-12-12 08:06 AM
    WTF?! 32,000 posts?!

-- Mr. BigBadWulf -- for being the "most active" CrackBerry forum poster of all time.

C R A Z Y.
    No wonder his fingers are all knarled and my laundry never gets done....
    john_v, BigBadWulf, Branta and 1 others like this.
    11-12-12 08:17 AM
    It's funny, Ed, Ken and I would always wonder who really had the most posts, since we all are prolific posters in the Off Topic sections. We knew that it was us as 1, 2, 3, we just didn't know the order. I don't think either Ken, nor I had any idea that Ed had THAT many posts. And you want to know what is strangest of all? His post count tripled!!!!! That right he was under 10k when this started!!!!! (JUST under, but under). Ken and I were already in the top 5.
    11-14-12 02:00 PM
    Congrats Ed!
    I gained a whopping 4 extra posts after the recount
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-14-12 07:44 PM
    I will always hold those who crossed the 10k threshold in highest esteem. That was a group I longed to be a part of. Came close before the count change, and I'm sure I'll pass it soon, but I'll never know when now.

For the record, even I was surprised how high my count is.
    11-15-12 07:22 AM
    Maybe I'll catch you as just a member some day.

Back to the 50k thread.
    11-15-12 07:34 AM
    See that at the bottom, 0/1 (100)? Is that my bad boy stuff? It sure adds up lol.

BTW I got an attachment ! But it did attach over bridge.
    Attached Thumbnails Post Count Update running now (to included previously non-counted posts)-img_00000023.jpg  
    11-15-12 07:38 AM
    I guess the next milestone for me will be when I cross 20k here at CB! Shall we make that a goal? like the 50k thread. PK to 20k CB posts by the release of BB10?
    11-15-12 11:25 AM
    I guess the next milestone for me will be when I cross 20k here at CB! Shall we make that a goal? like the 50k thread. PK to 20k CB posts by the release of BB10?
    That's funny, better get typin
    11-15-12 05:54 PM
    Thou shalt not draw posts about from the 50k Challenge!
    11-16-12 07:34 AM
    Hey! A few of those were productive mister.
    Holy Moses!! Now that is some postin' fo" yo a__

No wonder his fingers are all knarled....
    You know were NOT buying this

It's funny, Ed, Ken and I would always wonder who really had the most posts, since we all are prolific posters in the Off Topic sections. We knew that it was us as 1, 2, 3, we just didn't know the order. I don't think either Ken, nor I had any idea that Ed had THAT many posts. And you want to know what is strangest of all? His post count tripled!!!!! That right he was under 10k when this started!!!!! (JUST under, but under). Ken and I were already in the top 5.
    Yup, thought we'd be pretty close but I guessed Ed would be #1 (TBL) followed by you.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-16-12 05:07 PM
    Holy Moses!! Now that is some postin' fo" yo a__
    I'd always thought the same of you.

You know were NOT buying this

Yup, thought we'd be pretty close but I guessed Ed would be #1 (TBL) followed by you.
    You'll always be #1 to me brother.
    11-16-12 11:36 PM
    And now it all makes sense. Finally got around to checking out the forum updates, and all the new changes.

Well done, Mobile Nations team!
    11-19-12 08:45 PM
    Question: is there any way to confirm that our off topic posts were added?
    11-20-12 02:08 PM
    Thanks MM, and I'd also like to thank my family, for leaving me in the basement all this time!

Seriously though......I figured PK, AG and I would be clumped closer together, and never expected my count would exceed 30k. Wowzers! And almost all those posts from my lowly .
    Hmmm lets see...(takes shoes and socks off so toes can be used for counting)...based on your join date of May 2008, not taking into account various leap years, or BIS outages, that works out to...approximately 19 posts a day.

I'll have to get crackin' if I ever hope to catch ya!

Great job Wulfy!!!
    BigBadWulf and kbz1960 like this.
    11-20-12 08:41 PM
    Hmmm lets see...(takes shoes and socks off so toes can be used for counting)...based on your join date of May 2008, not taking into account various leap years, or BIS outages, that works out to...approximately 19 posts a day.

I'll have to get crackin' if I ever hope to catch ya!

Great job Wulfy!!!
    If I'd gotten around to all those Cool Pics I'd intended to post, G_d knows what I'd be at now.

I have to give credit where due. As my brother Ken mentioned, were it not for my TBL family, who's names I couldn't possibly list in one post (due to character constraints), I'd have never achieved such an astronomical count.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-20-12 10:12 PM
    If I'd gotten around to all those Cool Pics I'd intended to post, G_d knows what I'd be at now.

I have to give credit where due. As my brother Ken mentioned, were it not for my TBL family, who's names I couldn't possibly list in one post (due to character constraints), I'd have never achieved such an astronomical count.
    Ok so 2/3rd of your posts came from OT, BUT what I want to know if just how many came from that thread???? TLB
    kbz1960 and john_v like this.
    11-21-12 03:52 PM
26 12