Hey All,

Just a quick note that I finally got around to making a move I've been meaning to do for a while now. I moved the CrackBerry Newbies forum from the top of the site (General Discussion) down to the CrackBerry Cafe.

Few reasons for this - that section is more a "Say Hello" section, and we had a lot of new members posting their device questions in there. We much rather have these questions going to the appropriate device forum. Also, this forum isn't really as relevant to our regular members and "lurkers" (people to just visit the forums regularly but don't join it), so this moves all of the more popular device/discussion related forums up one spot. Saves a bit of scrolling.

The welcome email new members receive directs people to this section, so it's a little less location sensitive. And by moving it to the CrackBerry Cafe, posts made don't count towards post count, which is good, as we quickly want members moving out of this forum and into the whole site to use it and make their posts.

There may be a little confusion here for a bit - so if you see anybody on the forums wondering why their post count didn't increase after they made a post, be sure to let them know that CrackBerry Cafe posts don't count towards that. It's pretty clearly labeled, but if you don't look for it you could miss it.

Should be a good thing!

Keep Crack'n!
    12-12-08 03:36 PM
    This is going to futz all those who inflate their post counts by posting 'Welcome to CB' for every newbie sighted.

Great Move, long overdue
    12-14-08 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD