Please do something about the width. I use a 4k monitor and there is so much wasted space. Also the amount of padding when viewing lists of forums/threads is crazy. I'm sure it's mobile friendly but inefficient on the desktop.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    02-27-17 08:54 PM
    no ones bothered that there is no thread originator info in any search or subforum view? Guess it must just be me.
    It's being discussed. We know it's missing right now and need to get all that info back
    02-27-17 09:03 PM
    Create new thread / Advanced Edit looks completely messed up. Buttons don't work.

New Forum Design: Official Feedback Thread-2017-02-27-22_28_09-blackberry-keyone-post-new-thread.png
    02-27-17 09:29 PM
    Create new thread / Advanced Edit looks completely messed up. Buttons don't work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-02-27 22_28_09-BlackBerry KEYone - Post New Thread.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	418309
    Hehe yours looks differently messed from mine .
    /site-app-feedback-help-f19/new-forum-design-official-feedback-thread-1101066-post12782449/

Which Browser/OS?
    02-27-17 11:44 PM
    Perhaps I put this also in here as it also seems to be an "new design" problem : RSS feed is not deeplinking to correct threads /site-app-feedback-help-f19/rss-feed-not-linking-correctly-1101467/#post12782443
    02-27-17 11:47 PM
    Can someone tell me what size monitor this was tested on because the forums only cover MAYBE a fourth to a third of my screen width-size and I'm using a 23" monitor which is pretty much the norm these days. Tons of wasted space
    02-28-17 01:17 AM
    Please do something about the width. I use a 4k monitor and there is so much wasted space. Also the amount of padding when viewing lists of forums/threads is crazy. I'm sure it's mobile friendly but inefficient on the desktop.
    It's not really mobile friendly, I use the website verses an app. They completely wiped out the mobile page that had a block of 9 squares each going somewhere like new posts, messages, etc. I can't even remember what page I got put at now because I closed it but there's still wasted space on the mobile and the fonts are HUGE.
    02-28-17 01:19 AM
    Hehe yours looks differently messed from mine .
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12782449

Which Browser/OS?
    Windows 10, Chrome 56.
    02-28-17 05:22 AM
    Please just stop with the low contrast.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and gizmo21 like this.
    02-28-17 07:12 AM
    Quote Boxes are difficult to see.....

Otherwise looks good
    02-28-17 07:15 AM
    can we switch back? too bright and no post numbers
    02-28-17 09:45 AM
    And seems like there are some server issues too. Some are double-posting and I'm seeing post timeouts.

EDIT: saw news about AWS troubles, maybe related?
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 02-28-17 at 12:26 PM.
    02-28-17 12:05 PM
    Far too narrow on any modern sized monitor.
    02-28-17 01:46 PM
    Hi forums designers:

While I appreciate how much work it takes to create all new stylesheets and scripts for any set of forums, I do hope you will give users the choice to continue using the "Crackberry 2013" style (reasons to follow). Three days ago I was still able to use the dropdown menu at the lower left to choose my preferred style. Yesterday, however, I found that choosing any other style beside your new one simply makes the new style refresh, and no longer allows me to use the style I requested in the dropdown. Please give us this choice back - it's crucial to my ability to use the forums, or even to do something as simple as changing my forum settings.

Main reasons for my preferring the old style:
    1.) Contrast issues. I cannot use what I cannot see. Pale grey text on a pale blue, green, or yellow background is nearly invisible. Similarly, the dark theme (something I never ever use elsewhere) does not offer enough contrast between backgrounds and text to make text visible without squinting. I need white backgrounds with black or nearly black text - just as you had it in the Crackberry 2013 theme. Regardless of the latest "cool" trends on smartphones, keeping the desktop forums functional and usable to *everyone* should be priority #1 .

2.) Images with no alt or title text have replaced text buttons. Do not make me guess what each little symbol does. Include alt text for text browsers, and title text so that I can hover over an image before accidentally reporting someone's post when I meant to reply to it.

3.) Box widths are no longer flexible. Even if you want to use some sidebar space for news or ads, etc, the post widths themselves always flexed with changes in screen or window size. Not so anymore, which makes reading very difficult. (For what it's worth, latest Firefox in Windows 7 here.)

4.) Individual post numbers are gone (or maybe they're the same color as the backgrounds, who knows) in the new design! Please bring these back - they are critical to the proper use of several very active forums!

5) General page weight: the addition of the little "call-out" balloon images, and the replacement of text buttons by more images adds up to several seconds to page load times, which I can easily see even without running special measurements.

I do understand that some forum users will enjoy the novelty of the new style, and that's fine. But please give everyone a choice. The previous style worked extremely well, and as some people said - it wasn't "broke". Let those of us who prefer and need the old style continue to use it as we always have, please. Otherwise I'll always be forced to use the CB10 app, (which thankfully you didn't touch yet) or to do what I've done on my desktop as a stop-gap measure: I scripted my adblocker to only show the stylesheets which allow me to see black text on a light background, and I am using JS bookmarklets to change the CSS of any other elements which either don't space nicely or can't be read easily. It's not pretty, but at least I can see everything. (Although nothing brings back the forum post numbers yet - arrrgh!)

Thanks for your attention and hard work, and for taking these requests to heart.

Respectfully--
    --RAG
    Last edited by Ragbert; 02-28-17 at 09:47 PM.
    DrBoomBotz and gizmo21 like this.
    02-28-17 09:22 PM
    Quick update to my previous post: I see you've already implemented a few things being requested by myself and others - thank you! Some, but not all, of the little light grey images on the right side of a post (top and bottom corners) now have title or alt text. Please do them all that way. They're very tiny and very pale grey, and it's not always easy to tell what they are.

Post text is much easier to see against that white background - thank you again. However, the quoted areas are pale yellow against white - very difficult to see. If you don't want to change the quote's background color, how about just putting a bright turquoise 1 or 2px border around them? This would be visible in light or dark themes, and clearly delineate the quoted text from the reply.

On the other hand, aqua links on a pale green background are too low-contrast. This goes for the forum page numbers as well - larger font there please, darker link color, and clear borders between the page number elements please.

And again, please bring back the post numbers in the upper right-hand corner, in an easy-to-see font and color.

Thanks again!
    --RAG
    FF22 likes this.
    02-28-17 09:37 PM
    On PC, sometimes the jump to next page or last page doesn't work. For example on a forum with more than 15 pages. If you try to go to the last page, it'll jump back to page 12 instead. Click to go to the next page works fine but then if you try to click on page 15 it again jumps back and you can never get to the last page.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-28-17 11:16 PM
    I will catch up with the bulk of the comments when I get a chance since I've just returned from the Blackberry Fest in Barcelona.

My first go around with the new website format.

First comments. I could use a bit more distinction between The Quote and the reply. There is only a slight shade variance making it hard, at least, for me, to see where the quote ends and the new text begins.

I personally miss seeing the names of the first few LIKES on a thread.

Maybe my jet lag is getting in the way, but is there a way to capture a link to a specific message in a thread. In the past I would grab a link to say the 43rd message in a thread and then post that to get someone to the specific message that might help.

Again, I apologize, just trying to get caught up on the forums in general and have not had time to run through this entire thread on the new software.
    03-01-17 02:32 PM

I personally miss seeing the names of the first few LIKES on a thread.

Maybe my jet lag is getting in the way, but is there a way to capture a link to a specific message in a thread. In the past I would grab a link to say the 43rd message in a thread and then post that to get someone to the specific message that might help.

Again, I apologize, just trying to get caught up on the forums in general and have not had time to run through this entire thread on the new software.

click the like bubble by the heart with a number to reveal who it was

Attachment 418213

For links to specific posts within threads

New Forum Design: Official Feedback Thread-fullsizeoutput_d2.jpg
    New Forum Design: Official Feedback Thread-fullsizeoutput_db.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    03-01-17 03:32 PM
    I absolutely cannot see what you're circling there, howarmat. Too dark and too small on my device. (Where I'm using the CB10 app to post at the moment.). Can you describe what you circled? Maybe it was one of those light grey "mystery icons" I mentioned, with no title or alt text.

click the like bubble by the heart with a number to reveal who it was

Attachment 418213

For links to specific posts within threads

Name:	fullsizeoutput_d2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	418414

Name:	fullsizeoutput_db.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	418415

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    03-01-17 08:26 PM
    Thanks for all the work you are putting into this. Info about what I use: Windows 7, usually with Firefox. (I also access CB from my PRIV using Tapatalk and the CB app) but use my computer with the large screen often.
    The good: I like the cleaner look. I also very much appreciate the forum being much more snappy than it was. I HOPE that is not only because there are no ads. I almost had to stop using the forum at the end there before the ads were removed. They were causing my computer to freeze up. I turned them back on (after using adblock) in order to be supportive, but was going to turn them off again. But then you decided to take them off for a month.

Feedback for things that would improve the experience:
    1. The thing that I notice most is that could use improvement is that it is not as easy to read, especially the gray and pastel text. The text seems small for my PC and the distance I am from it. I found that borderline uncomfortable for the regular text, but for things like "Originally posted by.." in gray or pastel, the text is uncomfortable. It is considered background info. But because it is not readily readable, my brain subconsciously wants to know whether it is important or not, so my eyes spend more time and strain to read it than if it were easier to see.
    2. Another point: I like seeing who the likes are from, as mentioned before, without having to click on something to open and find out who did the like. I have already clicked on the wrong icon once because I was trying to find who the likes were from. Are there perhaps some bashful "likers" that you want to nudge out of the woodwork?
    3. The rows of tools including the emoji icons are a bit small and washed out as well. I use a large 3x4 21" dell screen with my PC so there is plenty of room but they are hard to see even on a big screen.
    4. I agree with the poster who mentioned that some of the icons, like the report icon, need to be identified better.
    5. One other point that is the same in the old and new forum is about posting photos:
    a. when I post a picture from my PRIV to the forum I have had trouble with that when using the desktop version. (With my PRIV on its sync Pod) If I directly upload them, they can be sideways, so I download them onto my computer first
    b. I often haven't been able to post more than one picture to one post. (one will not post) So I post them separately. But sometimes I go back to check on them and post 2 and 3 lead to dead links. I usually re post them when this happens. But that is a problem I have experienced since I started posting photos.
    Sorry for the rambling post. I hope it is a help. If something more occurs to me I will chime in again.
    03-01-17 10:59 PM
    Was noted earlier on a long post, # ????? - No idea, post numbers seem to have vanished. Very helpful when you want to refer somebody to a specific post.
    I also would like to see who has 'liked' a post, withpit having to scroll and click, at least the first 3 or 4 to do so.
    03-03-17 10:06 AM
    Advanced view should be fixed now. It was am overload on smilies causing that. I blame millennials.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    03-03-17 11:13 AM
    At least on Android Firefox Desktop option, the Advanced View looks as it should *thumbs-up* (without emoticon )
    03-03-17 12:36 PM
    Amazing job done by the designer and programmer (mainly 2 people!) and the beta testers (of which I was one!). I almost can't believe this got done, yea there are a few more tweaks, BUT over all it's such an improvement it's just incredible! Major MAJOR props to Gio & David!
    03-03-17 03:47 PM
    I'm sorry. Not a fan of the new design. For me it's a case of: "why change a winning team"?
    I wouldn't be bothered IF the: "Quick Style Chooser" >"Crackberry 2013" (=previous default theme) at the bottom of every page would work, and if I could set that theme as my permanent default in my settings screen. Now, I can't do both.

EDIT: Also, with this MoNa theme, I don't even know how to quote multiple people any longer when I like to answer them in one post??
    Last edited by WT44; 03-04-17 at 01:22 PM.
    03-04-17 09:20 AM
194 12345 ...