Heeeeeeeey everyone! Chances are you've noticed our new forums are here. We've put a lot of hard work into it, along with the help of some of our best volunteers and members (members like you).

Now that this design is live for all, we want to make sure we listen and FIX any bugs or issues that still remain. That's what this thread is for!

If you encounter any bugs, problems, ANYTHING at all with our forum design, please post your feedback here. Your help is key, as it will help the overall design and performance for ALL members!

Thank you in advance for your help!
    02-24-17 10:02 AM
    Looks great guys. awesome work.
    David Lundblad likes this.
    02-24-17 10:15 AM
    Looks good, James. I see a number of improvements from the first version.

Is an option to collapse/expand sub forums on the main forums page on the radar? Fore example, it takes a lot of scrolling (especially when mobile) to get down to the Site Feedback sub forum.
    TGIS likes this.
    02-24-17 10:34 AM
    Looks great, very clean and easily accessible now.
    One thing I wonder about is if I sort by new posts, it lists all of the posts but it doesn't specify what forum the thread or question is being asked in. I like to know which forum or phone people are talking about when I head into the thread so that I kind of have some background info before posting.
    02-24-17 10:36 AM
    I like the new design, it's clearer, modern and unique. Nevertheless, at least for me, it's too... shimmering, shiny. There are a few elements which are not as readable as before (e.g., the number of posts under a user's avatar), I think the new GUI needs a contour around the dialogue boxes, and the grey should be "grayer". Besides, I don't know if it's a problem with my Windows Phone, but I am not able to see the forum's icons on the mobile site (I just see blank squares). Good job, anyway!
    TGIS and StephanieMaks like this.
    02-24-17 11:06 AM
    I love the brighter and cleaner pages. Yep, overall it's a winner!
    02-24-17 11:12 AM
    negatives
    -The low contrast is hard on eyes.
    -Can't see presence info unless I go to the user's forum profile.
    -I miss the bold text on threads with new posts especially in context of the participated search.
    -day night toggle is small and easy to miss and is not where I would expect to see a control.
    -no navigation object for search.php
    -I can't see the difference between read and unread threads using night mode on the mobile version.

positives
    -just found the day/night toggle which makes things much better for my eyes.
    -can actually see the text in BigBadWulf's posts.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 02-28-17 at 07:10 AM.
    02-24-17 11:46 AM
    Overall, it is much cleaner and looks nice. Perhaps a bit bright with the white text boxes and surrounding color (the light aqua color).
    When I went into some threads, the items in the bottom right of a post were not aligned and at different heights (the quote and heart).
    02-24-17 11:52 AM
    Not sure things are quite right as evidenced by the below screen caps. First one is reopening the feedback thread in a browser (Chrome), using the button in the top right corner of the CB app for Android. Second is jumping from CB app to this same thread via the hot link in today's blog article, again opening with Chrome.

New Forum Design: Official Feedback Thread-screenshot_20170224-093719.jpg

New Forum Design: Official Feedback Thread-screenshot_20170224-093804.jpg
    02-24-17 11:53 AM
    Oh, and when quoting someone, the quote box partially covers up the icons in the upper right of a post.
    What does "unread: ##) mean for a specific forum post? Edit: wow, you keep track of that, pretty cool!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-24-17 11:55 AM
    Oh, and when quoting someone, the quote box partially covers up the icons
    I'm not seeing that. Do you see I gave you a like?

Looks good, James. I see a number of improvements from the first version.
    Just multi-quote test
    TGIS likes this.
    02-24-17 12:01 PM
    I'm not seeing that.

Just multi-quote test

New Forum Design: Official Feedback Thread-img_20170224_120301.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-24-17 12:03 PM
    02-24-17 12:12 PM
    Keep the feedback and bug hunting up everyone - we really appreciate it!

Despite 2 months of testing we see that several things broke when we pushed it live - we are dealing with everything as quickly as we can, we promise.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-24-17 12:56 PM
    TBPH, I thought I was logged into the improved site before and not surprisingly didn't see much of a difference LOL! I have no idea why I wasn't logged in, I followed the links in the announcement. Guessing it was the lack of ads that threw me
    02-24-17 01:31 PM
    Was going to make a complaint about not being able to see local posts and global posts, but by the time I signed in, they both showed up!

Not a very serious issue, but it would be nice if the advanced post text box could also be pulled horizontally instead of only vertically.
    02-24-17 01:47 PM
    Ooo, I like the dark theme!
    02-24-17 02:49 PM
    Overall, it is much cleaner and looks nice. Perhaps a bit bright with the white text boxes and surrounding color (the light aqua color).
    When I went into some threads, the items in the bottom right of a post were not aligned and at different heights (the quote and heart).
    There is a dark theme if you find the standard set up too bright:

Click on the "Your Menu" drop down to the upper left of the menu banner, and then click on the tiny "moon" icon in the bottom right of the drop down box.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    02-24-17 03:28 PM
    Do we have to turn this on somewhere or is it not available to everyone yet?... Nothings changed for me.
    02-24-17 03:51 PM
    There is a dark theme if you find the standard set up too bright:

Click on the "Your Menu" drop down to the upper left of the menu banner, and then click on the tiny "moon" icon in the bottom right of the drop down box.
    Thanks.

I rarely use the Web page. Too bad no app update for OS10.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 04:47 PM
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 05:24 PM
    Looking good, however found a bug in the footer (possibly unterminated string?).

There's a "; at the bottom of the footer.

BlackBerry Passport native browser on 10.3.3

Keep it up and refactor mercilessly!
    02-24-17 06:55 PM
    Sure do like this design. Very easy to read!
    02-24-17 07:05 PM
    In in the Forums>New Posts selection the results no longer show the original subforum the new post originates. Can that be brought back?
    02-24-17 07:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I see what you mean. The quote box after posting covers up the link, report and edit buttons. I see it.
    02-25-17 02:01 AM
194 123 ...