I used to be active on the CrackBerry fora. Then I realised how much time I was wasting and got my account deleted. But I still skimmed the blog every now and then for interesting news. Note the past tense.

I am rarely want to open the new CrackBerry website because it absolutely sucks now. It frequently freezes the BlackBerry Browser and won't let me close the tab or follow any links in any page until I restart the browser. Whole sections of pages will not render unless I reload the page, and general performance is just terrible. Nearly every time I open CrackBerry I need to restart the browser. This is the ONLY website that has this effect on the normally very stable and fast BlackBerry browser. How ironic! Did Mobile Nations even check if the site works before pushing it out? It even performs poorly on my desktop! And that supposedly "auto-hiding" header never auto-hides, no matter what way I scroll. On the Q10's smaller screen, real estate is at a premium, so this is especially irritating.

Please don't tell me to download the CB10 application. I have no desire to and will not do so. Has anybody else experienced these same problems? Note that I am running Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1052.

Tl;dr: The CrackBerry website sucks. Fix it.
    09-13-14 10:34 PM
    What browser are you referring too? The stock BB10 browser? Works great for me. Of course I use the CB10 app, haha. Which also works great... Maybe you should try it
    09-13-14 10:36 PM
    Browser works well for me but the app is better. I have no idea why someone would refuse to avail themselves of something useful though :-s

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    09-13-14 10:42 PM
    Because why make it easy when you can complain on the Internet about it, haha
    09-13-14 10:43 PM
    Yeh, I've got to agree with the OP... Best solution unfortunately is to download the app to make it manageable. The website techies must all be running octa-core processors with tons of available RAM on their workstations, viewing webpages on 4 x 24" monitors in portrait mode, to be able to say nothings wrong with how it all renders. All I can say is that it eats my memory on my older PC, and forget about trying to use it on a BB.
    09-13-14 10:49 PM
    Browser works well for me but the app is better. I have no idea why someone would refuse to avail themselves of something useful though :-s
    I myself have little use for apps (i.e. spyware). I wonder why the cb website attempts to access image data on a canvas?
    09-13-14 10:57 PM
    To the OP, we're sorry you're having such issues with our site. The recent updates and enhancements to the site have been thoroughly tested, but of course we are continually working on bug fixes and improvements to make things better.

One thing you might want to try is using the mobile version of the site. Sounds like you may be using the full desktop version?

Of course, if you can provide absolute specific details on bugs or problems that you're experiencing (the more detail the better i.e. device, os, screenshots, browser, full site, mobile site, etc.), I can relay to our technical team to take a look and fix. More than happy to help and discuss with you, just shoot me an email (my address is listed below)... and that goes for anyone else too, I'm here to help!
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    09-14-14 01:27 PM