I do not like the practice of putting everyone's Leaving BlackBerry posts in one thread, here's why:
    --peoples reasons for leaving are individually interesting, as are the responses.
    --the number one topic around here is Leaving BlackBerry.
    --people take the trouble to speak up, possibly some are looking for something besides Don't Let the Door Hit Your **** on the Way Out.
    --it is too cumbersome to participate in a thread that is a million miles long.
    --these forums are not exactly overrun with too many posts. People usually jump on a new thread like a fly on sheet, if only to post a snarky comment on a post they don't like, rather than just ignoring it.
    --it comes across as rude, like We Don't Have Time to Be Bothered with the Likes of You, meanwhile meaningless word-game threads go on for weeks and weeks.

So, while I personally am not Ever, Ever, Ever leaving BlackBerry, I request a separate category be set up for the Leaving BlackBerry threads.

One idea is to have it titled 'Why I Am / Am Not Leaving BlackBerry.

It would become one of the most posted spots in here, you know it would.
    03-26-16 02:47 PM
    Damn, and I was ready to say one of those comments like " don't let the door hit you in the a$$."

Posted via CB10
    peednus likes this.
    03-26-16 02:55 PM
    But all jokes aside, yeah, they should at least consolidate all of those threads.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 02:56 PM
    Isn't there already a thread about defending the threads about leaving BlackBerry?

Anyway... to be honest, the majority of the threads about leaving BlackBerry is just venting... at this time and year, people staying with BlackBerry know exactly the strengths and the weakness of the platform, at least the big majority... so, it's very uncommon to read a thread in that subject different to: I have been a BlackBerry loyal customer for ### years, I have had (list of devices), and now (enter an app) doesn't work anymore... I went to &&& place, and I got (enter a device)... now, everything works great... BlackBerry never again will see my money... good bye and I hate (enter your presidential candidate)

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 06:22 PM
    I like having one Leaving Blackberry thread. Keep them all together!

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    03-26-16 06:42 PM
    Isn't there already a thread about defending the threads about leaving BlackBerry?

Anyway... to be honest, the majority of the threads about leaving BlackBerry is just venting... at this time and year, people staying with BlackBerry know exactly the strengths and the weakness of the platform, at least the big majority... so, it's very uncommon to read a thread in that subject different to: I have been a BlackBerry loyal customer for ### years, I have had (list of devices), and now (enter an app) doesn't work anymore... I went to &&& place, and I got (enter a device)... now, everything works great... BlackBerry never again will see my money... good bye and I hate (enter your presidential candidate)

Posted via CB10
    Great post and I like your writing style although I don't get presidential thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 11:09 AM
    The reason why people want these consolidated into one thread is that they don't want the forums to look like people are jumping ship left and right. That would be a bad for new users who are browsing the topics. During the last years of PreCentral/webOSNations, they did the same thing. The thread was hundreds of pages and went on for many years.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-27-16 11:20 AM
    One idea is to have it titled 'Why I Am / Am Not Leaving BlackBerry.
    Would still become 10,000 miles too long
    03-27-16 11:23 AM

good for you...I don't read that thread cause is way too long....
    03-27-16 11:25 AM
    good for you...I don't read that thread cause is way too long....
    I don't read them either. It was the decision of CB management to put them all in one thread. Despite the many people who feel that their reason(s) for leaving is unique, their topic is "I'm leaving". So, yes, they do belong grouped together for anyone who cares to read a bunch of I'm leaving reasons.
    03-27-16 11:29 AM
    Hahaha thanks... if you live in US you would see that there is a lot of hate/intense feelings regarding the potential candidates for the next elections... so I was just creating a form for the next US poster leaving BlackBerry including the hated candidate hahaha

Great post and I like your writing style although I don't get presidential thing.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 01:11 PM
    CrackBerry continues to evolve.
    03-27-16 01:18 PM
    CrackBerry continues to evolve.
    You forgot the "d."

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    03-27-16 01:54 PM
    You forgot the "d."

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Was just gonna say... :-D

Creation vs Evolution debate right here, lol

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-28-16 12:39 AM
    Was just gonna say... :-D

Creation vs Evolution debate right here, lol

1:0

BlackBerry needs to reinvent itself...

03-28-16 12:40 AM
    CrackBerry will become CrackAndroid in a year or two lol

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 04:29 AM
    @Ambassador
    For us BB10 all touch die-hard fans could we at least have an I've never been unfaithfull
    why is BlackBerry leaving me where did i go wrong thread?
    03-28-16 04:41 AM
    Horrible idea. As soon as someone starts a thread like you mentioned OP they are met with a Flurry of "no one cares" "Don't let the door hit you" "Good we don't want you" comments. There is never anything useful in these threads and only leads to a huge fight.
    03-28-16 06:01 AM
    This isn't the only topic that needs to be consolidated into one thread. CB is rife with redundant/duplicate topic threads. The Mods should be more proactive in seeking out and combining these types of threads.
    By doing this it will be easier in finding and getting answers to common issues, reduce the number of threads that replicate each other, and reduce the number of "spam" posts requesting the same thing in multiple threads.
    Of course this is assuming people will actually read through a single thread to search for answers and comments before creating their own thread.

I do want to give a shutout to the Mod(s) who have reacted to reports of redundant threads (especially the growing CoC threads) and did their due diligence. I know the mods can't be everywhere in this forum, so it is a huge help if readers report these redundant threads. It is amazing how quickly the Mods will respond to these reports.
    03-28-16 06:13 AM

Nope. Crackberry spammed the same tired articles whenever a new BB10 phone came out and used the excuse that it was for google searchers. The same thing applies here in my opinion
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    03-28-16 07:53 AM
    Hahaha thanks... if you live in US you would see that there is a lot of hate/intense feelings regarding the potential candidates for the next elections... so I was just creating a form for the next US poster leaving BlackBerry including the hated candidate hahaha

Posted via CB10
    Very benevolent of you. I think that Clinton uses a BlackBerry which could be worked into the Leaving Blackberry thread.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 08:32 AM
    I would not be opposed to a Why I am Leaving/Staying on BlackBerry sub forum. That being said the reason we consolidate those threads is so the help threads can be seen and responded to, as someone else said we don't want the forums to become over run with I'm leaving or I'm sticking with blackberry threads. We want to primarily be a place where people come to get help with their devices, and to learn about them, the features, coming devices, rumors, news etc.

Does anyone else remember the fiasco that was Storm "Rants & Raves" sub forum? I hope we are not heading there! HOWEVER I will speak with James on this issue.
    03-28-16 09:06 AM
    once again my post was 'cleaned up' from the general discussion thread where I posted it.

Thread Moved
    Hello to boldly go, The following thread that you created has been moved ================================================== =================================== Thread: Leaving BlackBerry threads Original Forum: General BlackBerry Discussion New Forum: Site Feedback & Help
    ==============================
    If you have any questions, you can ask an administrator for assistance. Sincerely, The BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com staff
    03-31-16 03:42 PM
    once again my post was 'cleaned up' from the general discussion thread where I posted it.

Thread Moved
    Hello to boldly go, The following thread that you created has been moved ================================================== =================================== Thread: Leaving BlackBerry threads Original Forum: General BlackBerry Discussion New Forum: Site Feedback & Help
    ==============================
    If you have any questions, you can ask an administrator for assistance. Sincerely, The BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com staff
    Your thread was moved to Site Feedback, as you're giving feedback about how we moderate the site.
    03-31-16 06:15 PM
    In short: You've been moderated. Have a nice day.

Haa haa.
    DrBoomBotz and jope28 like this.
    03-31-16 07:10 PM
28 12