View Poll Results: Who wants the screenshot thread moved back to BlackBerry Discussion?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's always been there, move it back.

52 82.54%
  • No, keep it in "BlackBerry Rehab"

11 17.46%
    The popular screenshot thread has been moved from BlackBerry Discussion, to BlackBerry Rehab. Who thinks they should put it back where it's always been?
    11-25-09 04:01 PM
    How many posts would you get back if they did?
    11-25-09 04:43 PM
    seriously singleforever.. some people have upwards of 500 posts in that thread. i think it shouldnt count towards your post count. i also think that unless you are a theme maker, posts shouldnt count in the theme forums either.. but thats not possible.
    Last edited by SofaKingKev; 11-25-09 at 04:59 PM.
    11-25-09 04:47 PM
    i really wish they would move it back!
    11-25-09 05:26 PM
    me too! they should move it back! I was looking all over and sometimes its the only thread I go to in a day!
    11-25-09 05:31 PM
    I wonder who moved it. Some mods seem more anal than others.
    11-25-09 05:34 PM
    You looked all over and couldn't find it? How 'bout subscribing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 05:44 PM
    I and many others not only posted screenshots, but provided assistance in to where to find applications, what they were, where to find themes, etc. That is my point of this thread, I feel we deserve the credit, which here is posts. I created a poll, so those who feel different can say so...
    Last edited by SevereDeceit; 11-25-09 at 06:56 PM.
    11-25-09 06:54 PM
    It does not belong in the Rehab, please put it back in the right place, I was mad when I couldn't find it.
    11-25-09 07:25 PM
    I say move it back. Just my two cents worth.
    11-25-09 07:28 PM
    I did not move it. HOWEVER I did have an interesting thought, how about a special section (could be social OR a post counting section) called Blackberry Pix, with a description something like this This is the place for pictures of you screen, pictures of your blackberry, pictures taken from your blackberry and any picture threads. PLEASE NOTE: This Forum is NOT mobile friendly!

Gives us a good home for those threads and a good way to help folks on their device (IF they choose) avoid picture heavy threads. And like I said we can decide either way if it should be counting or social.
    11-25-09 07:43 PM
    I totally see where you're coming from, PK. The thing is that specific thread is not picture heavy. I believe that thread is very important in the fact it helps new members to see the potential of the BlackBerry. From themes to applications, that thread has it and where to get it. If you a new look on your device, that is the thread you go to, the views speak alone...
    11-25-09 08:12 PM
    If people weren't so obsessed with their post counts, mods wouldn't have to move threads, or even have guidelines for what counts and what doesn't. But, some people insist on posting random nonsense just to see their post counts rise, like there's some sort of status attached to it.
    11-25-09 08:23 PM
    If people weren't so obsessed with their post counts, mods wouldn't have to move threads, or even have guidelines for what counts and what doesn't. But, some people insist on posting random nonsense just to see their post counts rise, like there's some sort of status attached to it.
    While I will agree that there is many that do, that is not the case here. Leave one of the biggest threads CB has alone...
    11-25-09 08:27 PM
    I agree that the thread should be moved back to this forum.

It has nothing to do with post count. In reality post count means nothing - it gets you nothing except maybe bragging rights with other CB members. Even then only if they actually care. I'm not quite sure what the big obsession about post count is all about. Do you get a prize when you make a certain amount of posts or something?

I liked to look through the thread to see different theme & wallpaper combos. Plus it was a great place for people to share their finds. I'm not saying that this is necessarily the right forum but it's more appropriate than Rehab.

For me it's just more convenient if the thread is in a forum that I frequent. I'm in this forum or the 8900 one the most & it's just easier to have this thread in an area that I'm in most frequently. Truth be told now that it's been moved I probably won't be viewing it as much. Admittedly, I'm more lazy than anything else.

Anyway, as hastafford said - it's just my two cents.

Last edited by melh72; 11-25-09 at 08:55 PM.
    11-25-09 08:47 PM
    My 2cents: I personally don't care either way. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever even been in that thread.

However, I gotta say, post count is not how you get "street cred" on this site. There are people here with low post counts who are WAY more knowledgeable than I'll ever be about Blackberry, and people with a high post count (myself) that are not geniuses. People on this site know who's who.
    11-25-09 08:53 PM
    Yeah, I admit I have a high post count and I'm a moron.

11-25-09 09:04 PM
    Yeah, I admit I have a high post count and I'm a moron.
    Me too, I won't lie either...
    11-25-09 09:07 PM
    I liked that thread exactly where it was. I was able to look at other people's themes and screens and see what other Berries were capable of, and dream of upgrading to one of those. I think it should go back to where it was.

And really, who gives a hoot about post counts??

11-25-09 09:45 PM
    I just like it in the General Discussion forum because it has really became a part of my daily routine, and I wish it didn't have to change. I love that thread! And it has so much usefull info aside from screen shots.
    11-25-09 10:08 PM
    Some of us high post count folks do know a few things and you want to know what? Most of it I learned here.

11-25-09 10:25 PM
    this is a website.. its not like you have to walk around the block to get to the "rehab" forum people. its stickied in the rehab forum, so it will always be easy to find. everyone sounds sooooooo inconvenienced by having to scroll down the the "forum jump" and hit "rehab forum".. its right near OT.
    11-25-09 10:41 PM
    I definitely think it should be moved back to where it was!!! I could care less about post count, but that thread had a LOT of really good info in it. It was also one of the most viewed threads here which should say something right there.

My whole argument with it being moved is that when you're browsing on your phone, it was the first thread in the first forum you could select. For people who are new to CB, that's the first place they're going to go. Like melh, I usually only go to certain threads that have info for my device, and I never even knew what Rehab was until recently and I've been a member here for a while. As you can see by my post count, I really don't care how many I have.

Just my two cents as well for what its worth... Just sayin - it IS a helpful thread and to bury it like that is not gonna help anyone...and isn't that the whole point of this site???

11-26-09 09:20 AM
    I liked that thread exactly where it was. I was able to look at other people's themes and screens and see what other Berries were capable of, and dream of upgrading to one of those. I think it should go back to where it was.

And really, who gives a hoot about post counts??

Totally agree, bring it back...
    11-26-09 03:50 PM
    How about changing the name of the rehab forum? I do NOT feel rehab has anything to do with Blackberry users or our devices.

11-26-09 09:45 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD