I see this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post10126734

which is post #24 in a thread. You know what usually happens... people read along until they see something that enrages them enough to want to post, then they hit the reply... so a fair warning post like Bla1ze's won't be seen.

I think a new feature for MN forums (yes, it SHOULD go without saying but as Bla1ze's post proves sometimes it has to be said) should be that a Mod can post a "superpost" that appears at least at the top of page 1 of a topic, or even at the top of EVERY page, and even on the page where you post a message.

If there are certain topic that a mod feels necessary to remind posters to be civil and / or "politically correct" (there are topics about race / gender / politics etc. that can get heated) then I think that reminder should be very visible... possibly just in the form of a special flag that a mod can apply to the topic that marks it as "sensitive"... you know, how speed limit fines are doubled in a construction zone because of possible danger to workers... like that. only for discussion forums.
    03-17-14 01:50 PM
    A public warning from a moderator is simply a courtesy.

Sometimes when surfing around we see situations we feel MIGHT get out of hand, and we'll drop a note with a gentle reminder to keep in check, lest infractions will come. If folks don't see the warning or fail to heed it.. they're actions will be subject to review and consequences just the same.
    Ecm likes this.
    03-17-14 02:05 PM
    fair enough, but there are cases in the real world where preventing things from getting out of hand is better than cleaning them up after they get out of hand... which is part of the point of such posts, but not as effective as something that appears at the top of the "post" page to remind people (in such cases where a reminder is a courtesy) to not lose control.

It's like I said about speeding fines doubled in construction zones... but usually in addition to the law, there is a huge orange sign so people REMEMBER they're in for big trouble if they don't take extra care. Just a suggestion. Posting as a courtesy is very courteous, and having such a post be a sticky at the top of the topic is even moreso.
    03-17-14 03:54 PM
    It's not that I disagree with your logic.. and regardless of the reasons I'd love to be so important that I can prop my posts up to the top of all threads, *laugh* but I don't believe it to be possible.

While the Crackberry forums do enjoy a great deal of customizations they are still reliant on their backend framework and the features it allows. That being vbulletin, and I don't beleive vb has such an option.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 05:32 PM
    This is interesting, as it was something I was looking into last week, but for different purposes. just_luc is correct, vb doesn't provide that functionality, but we may be able to set something up regardless.

Bottom line, this is on my list to explore a bit more.
    just_luc likes this.
    03-18-14 08:53 AM