Not sure if this exists, or whether I am posting this in the right forum ...

Everyday, I check Crackberry.com to see what is new and exciting. After i'm done with that, I like to visit the other Mobile Nations' sites to see what's going on with the other platforms. I would really love if I could just go to one site (e.g. mobilenations.com) and have it be a hub for all the posts from all the different sites, for me to scroll through. It would save me some time, and could spark some really great discussions from people of all different OS backgrounds.
    11-13-12 02:49 PM
    I like it! All of our useful tech info in one place!
    11-13-12 03:28 PM
    I can see your point, but that would be a big undertaking. I also think that we'd be overwhelmed with the number of posts from all the sites. I would suggest subscribing to the topics or forums that interest you via RSS. That's what I do -- every day I can scan the feeds for anything of interest. Works well for me. ~ecm
    11-13-12 03:30 PM
    ecm- I can also agree with you on your point. With the Blackberry Hub being one of the new features on BB10 and the connectivity that it will offer, it very well could get overwhelming having constant updates from FB, Mobile Nations, Twitter, Email ect..
    11-13-12 03:47 PM
    This is actually something we're looking into. There is a redesign of mobilenations.com coming eventually and it'll be similar to what you're suggesting.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-13-12 03:54 PM
    Off topic but being overwhelmed is a concern I recently thought of about the BB Hub. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful idea, but I wonder if there is a way the user can control what feeds/connects to the BB10 Hub. Giving the user that extra control will be much better, I think. If someone wants all their 5 twitter, 2 Facebook, 6 email accounts feeding all at once to the Hub then fine but if they only one the most important ones such as only families or friends or important business accounts to feed into the Hub (and leave the others to be checked independently at one's leisure) will be even better. I do hope RIM has thought about that and give us users that extra control.
    11-13-12 04:50 PM
    Thanks, Bla1ze. I'm glad to hear!

I can't imagine it being TOO overwhelming. It looks like Crackberry has posted 7 articles today. If we round that off to 10, and use that as an average for all of the other sites, that's 50 posts throughout the day. Plus, it could cut out all the redundant posts (e.g. Monday Briefs, Mobile Nations contests, etc...).That being said, people will always have the option of visiting the independent sites that they want.

@DuexNoir - Agreed. I definitely want to be able to choose what shows up in there. I can't imagine RIM not giving you the option.
    11-13-12 05:05 PM
    I very much support this idea also. Perhaps even a user customizable Mobile Nations hub, sorta like iGoogle was, leting us decide what content we want to pull in to our MN page. For me, for example I would probably just pick, CB, iMore and AC content and skip, WM & WebOS. Also you may or may NOT want indiviual forum access. I should also note at this point that I strongly support a global open forum for ALL Mobile Nations users in addition to the indivual forums. It is my sinicere hope that this will help to promote platform harmony rather than more discord, BUT certainly healthy debate will also result and that too is not a bad thing. And yes I volunteer to help mod the place, if asked!
    11-14-12 08:56 AM