What kind of percentages do you think will leave or go dormant after a successful BB10 launch and review? It is a well known fact that ******** about something is easier. We are all guilty of it at one time or another (myself included) but there is a difference between venting and calculated negativity. I wonder about the folks that are on this site solely for the thrill of trashing...

Alex
    07-13-12 07:06 AM
    30% however they won't go quietly. They will stick around for a while to tell us
    all how much BB10 sucks, how the platform is the death knell for RIM and how we
    are all suckers for still using BlackBerry.

We for our part will pity them until the "Troll Patrol" aka the Mods dispatch them.
    07-13-12 07:29 AM
    I get that every other day from other iPhone owners at work. Then I extend the invitation to a quick self defense lesson and trash talking ends. Most never leave(cancel their membership). They'll lurk, but, won't post.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-13-12 07:44 AM
    As long as Crackberry exist, TROLLS will exist. There are some that wear disguises and some thats completely naked. Some are complainers by nature.....that's just how it is and will always be. It is what it is
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-13-12 07:47 AM
    A lot of people that are Blackberry fans here are leaving, reducing time here, being banned and/or exploring other options available. Trolls are running rampant here and seem to be given more preference with some of the mods than people who own Blackberry phones that are simply sick of the constant "RIM sucks", "RIM is dead" postings by the same group of people. Kinda sad really.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-13-12 07:57 AM
    What kind of percentages do you think will leave or go dormant after a successful BB10 launch and review? It is a well known fact that ******** about something is easier. We are all guilty of it at one time or another (myself included) but there is a difference between venting and calculated negativity. I wonder about the folks that are on this site solely for the thrill of trashing...

Alex
    Being positive is a good thing. Just for laughs, let's turn your statement around...What if the BB10 launch is Unsuccessful? What percentage do you think will leave BB? BTW, i'm not being negative, just practical.
    07-13-12 08:04 AM
    30% however they won't go quietly. They will stick around for a while to tell us
    all how much BB10 sucks, how the platform is the death knell for RIM and how we
    are all suckers for still using BlackBerry.

We for our part will pity them until the "Troll Patrol" aka the Mods dispatch them.
    As high as 30 eh? Actually the more I think about it the more that is plausible. From what I have noticed, CrackBerry is a microcosm of the consumer world (at least where I live) and I think when RIM nails it with BB10 this site is going to mirror that slow and noisy change from 'doom and gloom' to 'good stuff but too late' then finally to 'this is something truly for the future'
    07-13-12 08:09 AM
    A lot of people that are Blackberry fans here are leaving, reducing time here, being banned and/or exploring other options available. Trolls are running rampant here and seem to be given more preference with some of the mods than people who own Blackberry phones that are simply sick of the constant "RIM sucks", "RIM is dead" postings by the same group of people. Kinda sad really.
    Trolls are trolls regardless of the platform. Negativity us negativity regardless of the forum.

When investigating certain individuals I found errible behaviour on other sites, which led to banning. Not surprisingly, this person doesn't see personal trolling behaviour but blames everyone.e else, appearing the victim.

A troll is a troll is a troll...
    07-13-12 08:33 AM
    As long as Crackberry exist, TROLLS will exist. There are some that wear disguises and some thats completely naked. Some are complainers by nature.....that's just how it is and will always be. It is what it is
    Disguises? Naked? Sounds like Mardi Gras. (jk) I read their comments, chuckle, and most of the time, keep moving. I can't stay agitated. It's at a point where I ignore most of it. LOL. Same as I do those that post comments about other devices not being worth a ish. Anyway, RIM is still working on the next line of BlackBerries and a new Platform that may become a game changer or at least that is/should be the plan. If/when they are released, I'll get one. Until then, the over-the-top-dramatics about leaving (by some) is not going to help RIMs situation or cause CrackBerry to padlock the door.
    07-13-12 09:11 AM
    I am one who will be gone if I don't see a successful launch and review of BB10 by the end of February (I want the QWERTY one!). That's when my birthday is and that's all the time I will give RIM to get it right.

I love BlackBerry and really don't know where else I'd go, but if my girlfriend gave me this many broken promises I would have kicked her to the curb a long time ago.
    07-13-12 09:26 AM
    I doubt they'll go anywhere. Hopefully it won't be as many, but this is the intert00bz and there's entirely too much money at stake. Corporations aren't known for their consciences nor social awareness. This astroturfing thing is sadly enough probably the new "normal"...I've adjusted my filters accordingly.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-13-12 12:55 PM
    I don't think it will affect them. It's not like most of their arguments are based on logic...
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-13-12 03:26 PM
    On most occasions where members have been banned the worst of the offending behavior has also been removed from view. The ex-member then proclaims innocence and unfair banning. I have seen several such cases in the last two weeks, where a member has a disgraceful record of warnings and timeouts before finally provoking a permanent ban. In some cases there was even an indication that the ban was provoked deliberately in a desire to appear as a martyr to the cause. Putting it simply, a few of the whining ex-members have told a tale of woe which omits many significant facts like persistent profanity, multiple warnings, harassment of other members...

If the moderators didn't have to waste time dealing with repetitive and wildly extravagant disruption by the self-appointed vigilantes we would have more time to deal with the real trolls. There are some who are well overdue for banning, but after several HOURS most days cleaning up spam and the highly visible droppings left by fanboi-vigilantes I don't have time to find the evidence which will support a ban when the inevitable appeal lands.
    _StephenBB81 likes this.
    07-14-12 09:41 AM
    On most occasions where members have been banned the worst of the offending behavior has also been removed from view. The ex-member then proclaims innocence and unfair banning. I have seen several such cases in the last two weeks, where a member has a disgraceful record of warnings and timeouts before finally provoking a permanent ban. In some cases there was even an indication that the ban was provoked deliberately in a desire to appear as a martyr to the cause. Putting it simply, a few of the whining ex-members have told a tale of woe which omits many significant facts like persistent profanity, multiple warnings, harassment of other members...

If the moderators didn't have to waste time dealing with repetitive and wildly extravagant disruption by the self-appointed vigilantes we would have more time to deal with the real trolls. There are some who are well overdue for banning, but after several HOURS most days cleaning up spam and the highly visible droppings left by fanboi-vigilantes I don't have time to find the evidence which will support a ban when the inevitable appeal lands.

As usual....well said.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-14-12 05:14 PM
    Sounds like you got a 3 day pass like I did (for standing up to the Trolls/Trashers/Bullies.)
    07-14-12 05:21 PM
    Being positive is a good thing. Just for laughs, let's turn your statement around...What if the BB10 launch is Unsuccessful? What percentage do you think will leave BB? BTW, i'm not being negative, just practical.
    Good example. Hijack the OPs thread and change it to suit you.
    07-14-12 05:23 PM
    I doubt they'll go anywhere. Hopefully it won't be as many, but this is the intert00bz and there's entirely too much money at stake. Corporations aren't known for their consciences nor social awareness. This astroturfing thing is sadly enough probably the new "normal"...I've adjusted my filters accordingly.
    Trickle down from the Wall Steet Banksters and the lack of marality of the mass produced MBAs. Greed has no conscience.

Back to topic. I think that 30% will be pretty darn close.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 07-14-12 at 05:30 PM.
    07-14-12 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD