Just thought I'd point this out:

This is an interesting ad...-cb-browser-update.jpg
    03-29-14 01:01 AM
    Well, I use Chrome.

Posted via a RFG81UW device
    03-29-14 01:04 AM
    This was something put in place by our tech team last week. To ensure our members get the OPTIMAL experience here at CrackBerry, you will receive that little notification if the browser you are using is slightly older or outdated. All we're doing here is offering you the chance to quickly and easily update your browser... and if you don't like it, you can dismiss the notification to make it go away.

We do all we can to make sure ALL Mobile Nations sites are compatible with ALL browsers (and troubleshoot stuff every day), but want to make sure you have the best experience possible. This will hopefully help many of our members!
    03-31-14 08:32 AM
    I'd hardly call IE10 an antiquated browser.

The only reason Google Chrome has such a wide install base is due to Google's insidious, underhanded practice of bundling Chrome with all sorts of other applications and browser extensions. Exactly the sort of practice that BlackBerry purists despise.

Most of my clients who have Chrome on their PC don't know how they got it as they didn't actively set out to download it. It came in by piggybacking on something else. Sounds like a virus to me
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-31-14 10:04 AM
    I still have an IE on my computer although I use Chrome because it loads faster esp. on slow connections. To each their own.

Posted via a RFG81UW device
    03-31-14 01:32 PM
    I'd hardly call IE10 an antiquated browser.

The only reason Google Chrome has such a wide install base is due to Google's insidious, underhanded practice of bundling Chrome with all sorts of other applications and browser extensions. Exactly the sort of practice that BlackBerry purists despise.

Most of my clients who have Chrome on their PC don't know how they got it as they didn't actively set out to download it. It came in by piggybacking on something else. Sounds like a virus to me
    It's not an antiquated browser, but for optimal experience we recommend the latest version of IE.

Regardless, if you carry on and ignore the alert, it should disappear and you won't see it again
    04-01-14 09:00 AM
    Not to belabor the point, but being ridiculously persnickety about specific browser variants is not considered very good form by the W3C or the guy who invented the World Wide Web.

Especially when we're talking about a web browser that is all of 1.5 years old.

It's not the user's fault that Microsoft burned their bridges with IE 11 and stopped supporting all the legacy/proprietary IE rendering idiosyncracies. If they had been standards-oriented all along, it would have been great. But since so many web designers around the world and for so many years designed directly to IE idiosyncracies, IE 11 will result in a lot of pain for users who all the sudden find out how many websites they've been using for years are completely messed-up when using it.

Under the circumstances I'm rather amazed you don't pop a warning complaining about my usual browser - Opera.
    04-04-14 09:13 AM