Hi! I've found this forum an invaluable source of useful information for several years, but recently I've had a couple of odd issues. One causes the app to INSTANTLY shut down and the other keeps logging me out. Do I fully describe them here or is there someplace specific I'm supposed to comment further?

Thanks!
    07-03-17 12:34 AM
    Hi! I've found this forum an invaluable source of useful information for several years, but recently I've had a couple of odd issues. One causes the app to INSTANTLY shut down and the other keeps logging me out. Do I fully describe them here or is there someplace specific I'm supposed to comment further?

Thanks!
    No, you've come to the right spot.

If it were myself, I'd look for an update and do a reboot (or two). Assuming you have done this, you can only wait for a resolution or response.

I hope your problem is solved quickly and I apologize for not being able to help you more.
    07-03-17 02:53 AM
    BB10 = work arounds = patience = becoming a monk practicing hours of meditation

Unfortunately the glitch your experiencing is common and not the only one on BB10 that will not likely be fixed due to the OS being shelved. We who love our Blackberry devices with have to deal with these inconsistencies more and more.
    You could try in installing the app, rebooting then reinstalling to see if that rectifies the issue temporarily.
    07-03-17 03:30 AM
    Well, BlackBerry World hasn't had much in the way of updates for quite a while. I try to reboot at least once a week. As for the other reply, do you mean I should re-install the app without deleting it, reboot and then delete it and install? I've always been told that a good general rule to follow is to delete a program or app, reboot and then install it again. If I misunderstood please correct me, and I'll appreciate the thinking behind it for future reference. I'm going to have to learn more about the ins and outs of keeping my Q10 going for as long as possible since I will switch to a flip phone before I give Google access to every detail of my life and everyone else I know! I think it's total idiocy that so many people have no qualms about selling out not just themselves but anyone else they ever contact. I know that none of the 140+ contacts in my cell gave me permission to give out all of the personal information I know about them. I have started insisting that anyone who wants my number put a nickname down instead of a real one and not to save my email or physical address with it. I figure any small act of rebellion that keeps Google (and every other app that they give access to contacts) from monetizing me is worth it. Not paranoid or wearing tinfoil, I just resent my privacy being shredded and sold so others make a profit while I deal with more and more spam or intrusive sales pitches. Thanks for the input, and once I see which way to go I'll try it!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    07-05-17 01:10 PM