I don't wish to appear to be "Looking a Gift Horse in the Mouth", but I am wondering just what I am doing wrong? Over the past approx six (~6) months I have tried, on a number of occasions I have attempted to obtain a copy of the many new, or "Free" software per the offers included in the write-ups on Crackberry, however, despite attempts to check at various times of any number of consecutive days (to ensure that I am not trying to acquire software whose offers are "stale" (>1 day old) yet I cannot seem to find the "key" to success. What is that key, or "Trick" to being successful. From where I stand, & I know this will probably sound a bit selfish (perhaps it is so), but I also wonder as to what "statistical anomaly" exists to explain my continual failure in these exercises. I am certain that I am using correct methodologies, & code-words as the message I receive indicates that the issue is one of all available "Free" copies having been previously "claimed" by others, & the no more copies are available. I'm not sure how frequently this occurs with other reader, but it does seem highly unlikely that I am the only one who suffers this fate. Nor, am I the only one who is frustrated with this result. My propose solution to an issue such as this would be to perhaps, if the vendors' goal is to familiarize as many readers as possible with their software products in order to interest the largest available cross-section of the readership in buying "value-added" software that they have written. Perhaps the best (IMNSHO, yet still equitable solution would be to limit reader to acquiring not more than one (1) free software product per month, & no more than four (4) products in any six (6) month "rolling" period. Such a solution would "level the playing field, eliminate the "Time-Zone advantage" as readers on the East Coast have a built-in three (3) hour advantage as even if two (2) readers awake at the same (local) time each day to see what has developed everyone on the East Coast will have had that three (3) hour time period to "empty the software vault" of all available free software offered by the vendor. Obviously, although I am, quite obviously, not a guru, but I do run several corporations (each of which is complimentary to the others, & I am the individual who has final say on what can be located on handheld devices, corporate or BYOD, therefore I suspect I would be the type of person whom vendors should be seeking to reach, & identify if the offering of free software is meant to expand their market, yet this seems not to be the case under the current allocation process. Each free piece of software that I might try out if we're to have access to it without initial cost could generate thirty (30) licenses within our group alone, not to mention that were I to really like it the potential for me to discuss it with my peers, who might act in kind. Bottom line is that if I, & others I'm similar positions could access these software products & were to approve of them, their sale would probably increase sales, which is the most obvious goal of any vendor who gives away a small quantity of product to ensure the widest exposure possible, & if the success of a such a marketing program become moreso, the probability is that more software vendors offering more products in this manner,benefiting all concerned, & as such, a "Win-Win" situation would evolve.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:55 AM
    App giveaways are done in one of two ways either with a time limit, downloads are free or reduced cost for a period of time, OR for a limited number of downloads. When the time period is over or when the number of downloads is exceeded then the coupon code is expired. Most giveaways at CB are by download number and the blog will mention the number for available, for example 500 copies. We have 10 million members, and thousands a days read each blog so yes the codes get used up rather quickly. Most of our app developers are pretty generous and give a fairly large number of downloads, but yes they do go quickly.

I like some of the ideas you are suggesting, but I'm not sure from a practical standpoint how we would implement them. That being said. I will point out this thread to my boss James Falconer, and to the person who run our contest, Michelle Haag.
    10-08-14 08:37 AM
    It's true, licenses go super fast. I think my one app did 1,500 redemptions in 20 minutes. It's crazy quick, but cross your fingers - I'm doing a random giveaway contest this morning.
    10-08-14 09:07 AM
    OP, I'm neither an application developer nor a high school English teacher, but where I either, or both, I would have many issues with your post.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    10-08-14 10:44 AM
    Because there are people who wait all day for codes? Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:57 AM
    You just have to be really quick and have luck lop. Most of the time if you noticed it 10 minutes after posting, it is already way too late to redeem any copies.

I suggest leaving CB10 open in an active frame, set the sync interval to 5 mibues and enable background syncing

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:04 AM