A point system or trust level.

Yes we have user status and such. but what about a point system to show positive and negative things about a user. If that such person helped out on a post then can be given trust points or something. Which will then show others that that said person is in good standing and helpful. Or if the person is totally off the wall and has a bad attitude it should count away from his said points...

If a Crackberry User treats you really well or makes a great post then award them a reputation point.

Or a Crackberry User is really rude or obnoxious then ding them for a point.

And If a Crackberry user posts and it doesn't mean anything to you either way then just forget about the reputation feature altogether.

Any word on possibly getting into this, I think it will be a good move...

Things can also be looked into as well. More points larger PM box, bigger avatar can be awarded.

I have seen this type of system work on other sites and think it would really help out, plus give us something to work towards.
    Last edited by yester18; 12-29-08 at 12:39 PM.
    12-29-08 12:33 PM
    Any opinions or suggestions?

I would really like this or something close to be considered.

Thanks in advance.
    12-30-08 10:15 PM
    We spoke about this a while back. But, nothing was finalized...

We here at CrackBerry.com are unique, and would like to stay that way. But, I’ll speak with the right people again, and see what the latest is…
    12-31-08 07:30 AM
    Thanks for the response sir, greatly appreciated.
    12-31-08 07:34 AM
    Hey Yester, Thanks for the suggestion.

We talked about this a while ago in-depth and looked at it again once seeing your thread.

It's not something I want to put in place. One of those things that will cause more aggravation than good. If the forum had this in place from day one maybe it would be ok, but introducing now I don't think would be worth it. In theory it sounds good, but in implementation it'll just be a mess:

- when it typically comes to new members looking for answers, they don't care who's answering them - they just want an answer asap. the reason they are posting is because they couldn't find their answer quickly. they're not logging in, reading all the member rules, reading all the rules of how trust levels work, etc. etc. so the added value is lost.

- for the longer standing members who become active and stay active in the community, people quickly get to know the trusty/knowledgeable/helpful members. So for these members you don't need to broadcast it. People know. Actions speak louder than "trust levels".

- When you start to add in negative points for bad attitude, etc., things go from bad to worse. Putting this type of system in place won't change people... if anything you'll see those who get a bunch of negative points figuring out ways to game the system. Or you may just find a few who do whatever it takes to have the highest trust level possible. The intent gets lost very quickly if not everyone buys in and uses it the way it was designed.

That's why I like the system we have now. You're only as good as your latest post and we're all equal! So always keep it helpful and friendly is our key goal.
    12-31-08 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD