I guess it's working again.

Always entertaining to try to post about forum problems to the selfsame forums that are currently down.

The forums, they diededded.-1.png

The forums, they diededded.-2.png

(Note: over 2 minutes of waiting)

The forums, they diededded.-3.png

So no, it wasn't a problem with my route to your server or the load-balancer not responding at all. Probably behind the load-balancer.

The forums, they diededded.-4.png

Now it really starts to fall over and have trouble getting up again.

The forums, they diededded.-5.png

No - you cannot post. So there.

The forums, they diededded.-6.png;

OK, we've taken our servers and gone home, now.
    05-06-14 12:14 AM
    Thought it was my wifi wonkin out!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 12:17 AM
    yep same happened with cb10 app just now

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 12:20 AM
    I guess it's working again.

Always entertaining to try to post about forum problems to the selfsame forums that are currently down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	467 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	268055

OK, we've taken our servers and gone home, now.
    Opera 12 for good brother, Opera 12 for good.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-06-14 12:29 AM
    Opera 12 for good brother, Opera 12 for good.

Oh, don't get me started on that depressing turn of events at Opera Software....
    05-06-14 01:30 AM
    Oh, don't get me started on that depressing turn of events at Opera Software....
    Still have Opera 12 installed on both my work and personal computers. I use it all the time unless the website specifically blocks it (like that dang MEGA) or it doesn't work well (like editing Google Spreadsheets). It's a very fine piece of software.

Especially that timer, which is very useful to see how long a page has been loading, like you're doing

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-06-14 03:40 AM
    Still have Opera 12 installed on both my work and personal computers. I use it all the time unless the website specifically blocks it (like that dang MEGA) or it doesn't work well (like editing Google Spreadsheets). It's a very fine piece of software.

Especially that timer, which is very useful to see how long a page has been loading, like you're doing

There are hundreds of useful things.

What kills me is that there does not seem to be much technical justification for completely destroying the UI simply because they changed rendering engine and javascript interpreter.

They could have kept the existing UI and just changed those components underneath, and got the same improvement in website compatibility and performance.*

Instead they produced a toy for simpletons, which is less useful than the competitors toy browsers, and STILL Opera has no market share to speak of.

Unfortunately v12 is getting further and further out of date and is starting to be a problem in certain ways. Such a pity.

Oh and they solved the problem of all the traditional users complaining - they shutdown the forums!

(Actually they have a new forum thing which the old user ID still works on - but it has 1/4 or less of the userbase the old ones did.)

That's exactly what Bellshare did when they got tired of people asking them questions about their software: just shut down their forums.

*(Edit: In retrospect, I suppose they may have had to re-design the UI in order to be compatible with Chrome plugins. But what a horrible price to pay.)
    05-06-14 03:47 AM
    I don't know why they'd even try. You can't run Chrome Webstore apps on Opera 20, although you can indeed run the extensions, via a trickery first, but not everything works.

There are so many useful things in Opera 12, I can't imagine why anyone else would settle for others. The Web page pane allows you to cross-reference stuff easily or just being a widget. I keep a translate.google.com/m there and voila!

There's also the good integrated mail client, Opera Link, Opera Turbo (though admittedly it's still around as Off-Road Mode), heavily customizable UI, mouse-gesture shortcuts, closed tabs history, Open in Background Tab, etc. I, too, had hoped that they'd at least retain the basic interface, but somehow they really have to copy everything. I thought Blink was just a rendering engine, not a whole Browser program?

But anyway, enough of this. This is not the thread to discuss Opera 12, sorry for derailing mate

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-06-14 04:31 AM
    Forums have been very slow for me since late this afternoon. Getting page loads just hanging, and Request Failed screens with increasing frequency. Mobile view is better, but getting Request Failed there, too.
    05-06-14 08:25 PM
    Most likely tech was aware and working on it. . Thanks for reporting guys
    05-07-14 09:32 PM
    Most likely tech was aware and working on it. . Thanks for reporting guys
    Glad to see you back Sir!

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    05-07-14 09:39 PM
    And yes, that was a bit quicker than I expected, Rich. Welcome back to the fray.
    05-07-14 11:15 PM
    I've been having issues in general all evening here in the UK, it's not just the forums for me. Seems an issue with DNS for me somewhere out in the field. Sometimes it gets through others it takes several attempts to get a hit.

ISP are 'looking in to it' apparently meaning they will fix it but deny all knowledge it was them at fault as per lol. Good old fibre.
    05-07-14 11:24 PM
    And yes, that was a bit quicker than I expected, Rich. Welcome back to the fray.
    Fortunately I can moderate from the couch, but I'm still not back to my day job. That should happen in about another 1 to 3 weeks.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-08-14 08:23 AM