Hey All,

As promised in my From the Editor's Desk post this week, THE NEW CRACKBERRY is almost here.

Forum Layout Reorganization Coming Late Tonight (Feb.12/2013)-new-crackberry.jpg

One of the things we've been planning is a revamp to the layout of the forums. When I say layout I don't mean the visual look of the forums, but the structure... how the forums are grouped and ordered down the page. When we first organized the forums many moons and BlackBerry devices, we were only dealing with the BlackBerry OS. Now we also have the PlayBook OS, and also BlackBerry 10, which is totally different. Some forums are still relevant for all of the operating systems and devices, while others are not.

Forum organization is ALWAYS a compromise, but I think we've figured out a pretty good forum layout that should work pretty well to address everything.

So late tonight, we'll be working through the wee hours of the morning to get everything moved around. It should go well. Fingers crossed. Change always takes a little getting used to, so get ready for it. But it should be good! And if there's anything we find doesn't work as well in practice as we thought it would in our planning, we'll just tweak it up after. One way or another it'll work and be awesome.

Once we roll out the full out website redesign, we'll be doing a further update to the forums to update the look to match the new design theme.

Stay tuned!
    02-12-13 04:01 PM
    Looking forward to it!
    02-12-13 04:03 PM
    Looking forward to it, I'm loving what we've seen so far!
    02-12-13 04:03 PM
    If the style matches the new CB10 app its going to be awesome
    02-12-13 04:11 PM
    All I want is reply notifications (not just like and thanks notifications). Can't wait to see the new look!
    02-12-13 04:11 PM
    Tonight's changes are not a style change yet. That will come later. This is reorganizing the LAYOUT of the forums... how they're grouped, the way they appear, etc.

The theme update will come with the site relaunch... happening soon, but not tonight. But yeah, will look awesome too.
    02-12-13 04:12 PM
    Love the new native BB10 app and looking forward to the other enhancements coming.
    But honestly my favorite new thing from CrackBerry is the Spark App! Having too much fun adding sparks to various pics for public consumption.
    02-12-13 04:56 PM
    Ha. That's awesome. Glad you liked the Spark Me app! It's totally fun.
    02-12-13 05:53 PM
    It always amaze me what you find when you actually scroll past the halfway point on the first forum page.
    like: "There is a marketplace, whaaaat?" Lol

@CBK keep up the good work... Actually all of #teamcrackberry working hard behind the scenes THANK YOU!!

*cracks whip* now get back to making my favorite site awsomerrr
    02-12-13 10:07 PM
    Ok. 4:30am. Bed time for now....

That went pretty well. Lots of logical restructuring done.

Will finish tidying up in the morning. We have new icons to go in, more carrier sub forums to go in for international, and a few other things to tweak up (descriptions, etc. etc.)

But overall structure is grouped more cleanly. Condensed things down... still have room to grow!
    02-13-13 03:24 AM
    Noticed some funky icons on the forums main screen. Honestly, I didn't go through the whole page, I just looked at the "HUB" portion.
    Attached Thumbnails Forum Layout Reorganization Coming Late Tonight (Feb.12/2013)-greenshot_2013-02-15_11-38-51.png  
    02-15-13 10:43 AM
    Hi Kevin,

I've noticed that the forum for the Z1o has a stickey thread for users to post their screenshots, but other BB users have their screenshot threads in the Wallpaper forum. Please consider moving the screenshot threads to their respective BB forum and also making them stickeys. Thank you..
    02-18-13 02:35 PM