View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    It's just called thinking before you speak. No policing needed. I've never had a warning or infraction, and I definitely think I deserved them at times. Then again I have also been accused of being "too nice" and a "people pleaser."
    Yes, you are too nice. Toughen up girl!
    sputneek likes this.
    11-05-12 10:23 AM
    If anybody receives persistent warnings it must be for a reason no?
    No. There have been cases in which people have been warned and sanctioned for expressing a dissenting, truthful opinion about Research In Motion and/or the BlackBerry brand. There are definitely bullies on this forum some of whom are moderators. The kool-aid-drinking members of this forum as equally as bad as the trolls...maybe worse. What you propose is nothing more than feeding the current societal trend of pronouncing people guilty by simply listing their name in a public forum. You would do well to read the history textbooks to learn about such behaviour and look at the media for modern equivalents. Your idea is flawed despite the good intentioned much like the road to Hades (added after the real name was auto-deleted) is paved with good intentions.
    Last edited by BB9700CA; 11-05-12 at 10:43 AM.
    11-05-12 10:31 AM
    I like transparency.
    Then leave your bedroom window blinds or curtains open at night and the lights on. Not such a fan of "transparency" now, huh?
    11-05-12 10:41 AM
    I think it would make people think twice before getting off topic and getting personal, myself included.
    It might, but sometimes people get off-topic because the topic naturally veers into something more interesting, or because they're having fun. And sometimes people "get personal" in a positive or friendly way. This is a discussion forum, not a wiki. It's conversation, not research. Sometimes it's useful conversation; sometimes it's just chitchat; and sometimes it gets weird. I'm happy to let the mods do their thing behind the scenes.
    11-05-12 10:45 AM
    Yes. Either take it like an adult, or give back in kind. For the record, I have never reported anyone, ever. Even though, people have said very unkind things toward me.....
    that makes me sad
    11-05-12 10:50 AM
    No, I don't think it is necessary to publish a person's infractions as their actions speak louder than a mod's label.
    It's no one's business but the member.
    11-05-12 10:56 AM
    So far the balance is tipping in the favor of Yes.
    11-05-12 11:18 AM
    But that isn't going to change the fact that adding a column to the user info won't happen. Sorry, hope you got your venting out of the way and can now get back to the important stuff.
    Laura Knotek and jaydee5799 like this.
    11-05-12 11:26 AM

Now the balance is tipping in favor of No.
    11-05-12 11:31 AM
    I have noticed the bullying pick up lately. One or two members in particular have really grown into the role and can't seem to stop themselves. That being said, I think it is best for the infractions to be between the mods and the members who received them. I don't think much good would come of publishing those stats for all to see.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    11-05-12 11:35 AM
    Now the balance is tipping in favor of No.
    Indeed, I spoke too soon.
    11-05-12 11:38 AM
    To be honest, i'm not a big fan of the Ignore button. People who use them, aren't you concerned you may just be too hasty? There are loads of people i disagree with here on CB, but there's always the chance that person would post something someday that could be tremendously useful to me.

Besides, i can handle myself pretty well in an argument...I'm a big boy . As long as it isn't spam or paedophilia or racism, I'm not sure why i'd ever need to reach for the 'ignore' button,

I wonder how CB will be when BB10 hits...the ongoing narrative was supposed to be that once BB10 hits, naysayers keep quiet and users come back to the state of contentedness that was there before RIM's travails forced many onto the defensive...we'll see.

@topic Wouldn't publishing the number of infractions by the user profile make many people disregard the content of the post and judge based on the 'character' of the person?
    11-05-12 11:41 AM
    Indeed, I spoke too soon.
    It will probably go back and forth all day (or until the tread gets shut down).
    11-05-12 11:47 AM
    Yep, more daily , light, entertainment......
    middbrew likes this.
    11-05-12 11:52 AM
    To be honest, i'm not a big fan of the Ignore button. People who use them, aren't you concerned you may just be too hasty? There are loads of people i disagree with here on CB, but there's always the chance that person would post something someday that could be tremendously useful to me.

Besides, i can handle myself pretty well in an argument...I'm a big boy . As long as it isn't spam or paedophilia or racism, I'm not sure why i'd ever need to reach for the 'ignore' button,

I wonder how CB will be when BB10 hits...the ongoing narrative was supposed to be that once BB10 hits, naysayers keep quiet and users come back to the state of contentedness that was there before RIM's travails forced many onto the defensive...we'll see.

@topic Wouldn't publishing the number of infractions by the user profile make many people disregard the content of the post and judge based on the 'character' of the person?
    I think one can refrain to enter a long argument with such a person.
    11-05-12 11:55 AM
    The first time or two they should be warned. After that; banned..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-05-12 11:56 AM
    And why would the thread be closed?
    11-05-12 12:13 PM
    I think self restraint is much better than policing. In fact, listing infractions and such for any forum member will create sub groups and an unwarranted hierarchy in the forums, with the cleanest members gaining more traction and trust while the dirtiest getting nothing (while the opposite could be true in some cases). This is going back to the last century and we definitely wouldn't want that.

I don't stick my parking/speeding tickets to my car, neither do the cops, and it's my own personal thing that nobody should nose in, nor I should advertise it. Members influencing mods, could be true or could be an urban legend (); it doesn't matter to me. I come here for news, discussions, and other helpful stuff which I don't get elsewhere.

Thanks CB and forum members!

11-05-12 12:33 PM
    For a thread about "transparency", there sure seems to be a lot of agenda and animosity hidden right below the surface...

Too bad it's too early for popcorn.
    11-05-12 12:44 PM
    This poll should have been transparent.
    1 vote no.
    Laura Knotek and middbrew like this.
    11-05-12 01:13 PM
    This poll should have been transparent.
    1 vote no.
    LOL!!!! True. I'd be interested in knowing who is interested in any infractions I might get.
    Frankly I could not care less what infractions anyone else has.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    middbrew and Sith_Apprentice like this.
    11-05-12 01:28 PM
    This is an online forum.. why on earth would it bother people that much that they need to count black marks against others? Come on now, remember its all not real, take a walk outside, enjoy the fresh air for a bit, then come back lol

Q i hit thank you because you were at 665 thanks haha
    11-05-12 01:33 PM
    I've received my share of infractions/warnings.

Nuff said.

No one's business and we shouldn't have to sit here and play popularity about it. The days of Web forums where they have those sort of reputation meters are thankfully gone.

I also would like to note I've never ignored anyone or ever felt the need to do so. I like to read everyone's opinions whether I agree with them or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    11-05-12 01:34 PM
    This is an online forum.. why on earth would it bother people that much that they need to count black marks against others? Come on now, remember its all not real, take a walk outside, enjoy the fresh air for a bit, then come back lol

Q i hit thank you because you were at 665 thanks haha
    LOL!!!! Gee....thanks.....are you claiming I'm demonic now??????
    11-05-12 01:40 PM
    LOL!!!! Gee....thanks.....are you claiming I'm demonic now??????
    Who doesnt like red patent leather and horns? (i should probably continue this in the 50k challenge thread eh? haha)
    pantlesspenguin and middbrew like this.
    11-05-12 01:42 PM
522 12345 ...