View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    Ok based on my expirement above, prior to me hitting submit on this post I am unable to like/thank the following:

kbz
    middbrew
    belfastdispatcher
    and my post at 11:15.

I can say this bug is confirmed. And now reported http://forums.crackberry.com/site-qu...format-753045/

It also takes a refresh of the page to bring them back FYI.
    11-07-12 10:16 AM
    Also, the results could very well be skewed based on the OP and what he considers "bullying." Everyone knows that BD is a staunch RIM supporter, and most likely a lot of "yes" voters are those who see "bullying" as anything where someone doesn't agree that BB is the bees knees, or cleaning up misinformation when someone tries to smear another platform with lies. Now, say the OP was someone else on the other side of that spectrum. They might see "bullying" as being innundated with "itoy" and "hemdroid" remarks, or that the size of your device must be indicitive of the size of your body and that you must not be loyal to your family if you use multiple devices. In both cases, people would be voting with a different view of "bullying" in mind.
    11-07-12 10:17 AM
    Also, the results could very well be skewed based on the OP and what he considers "bullying." Everyone knows that BD is a staunch RIM supporter, and most likely a lot of "yes" voters are those who see "bullying" as anything where someone doesn't agree that BB is the bees knees, or cleaning up misinformation when someone tries to smear another platform with lies. Now, say the OP was someone else on the other side of that spectrum. They might see "bullying" as being innundated with "itoy" and "hemdroid" remarks, or that the size of your device must be indicitive of the size of your body and that you must not be loyal to your family if you use multiple devices. In both cases, people would be voting with a different view of "bullying" in mind.
    LMAO

I have not heard this one before. Carry on haha
    pantlesspenguin and john_v like this.
    11-07-12 10:18 AM
    But I don't agree with you, how can they be underepresented if it was never requested or requited of them to represent?

Just because the no voters decided to voice their objection doesn't mean the yes voters had to follow.
    You are right the yes voters didn't have to voice their opinions and it wasn't asked of them to do so.

But the fact they didn't respond means their views were underrepresented in the comment section asked or not. They weren't there so they were underrepresented plain and simple, can't change it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-07-12 10:22 AM
    Right, so you speak for everybody now.
    11-07-12 10:25 AM
    Yeah, I havent reported it because I have not done enough testing to confirm. But this would be my suspicions. I started this right after your post Q 11:10am and I am going to sit on it until 11:15am in hopes someone will post after I started the quote.

Someone play the jeopardy song.

Do do do do do do do....do do do do do, do do do do do... do do do do do do do do... do, do do do do... do... do... do do

Alright still have some time to kill

Man this wait is killing me...

The reply box walls are closing in around me...

Its starting to get dark and the air is getting thin...

I dont know how much longer I can last...

It is becoming very difficult to breathe....

Someone help me.....

I have tried clawing my wait out to no avail....

Oh its 11:15 now time to post. That wasnt so bad

OK i just lost my french vanilla all over a govt issued laptop

gee thanks
    middbrew likes this.
    11-07-12 10:25 AM
    OK i just lost my french vanilla all over a govt issued laptop

gee thanks
    I am trying to figure out if you are talking about a morning beverage or if you are thinking about Kilts again
    11-07-12 10:26 AM
    I am trying to figure out if you are talking about a morning beverage or if you are thinking about Kilts again
    LOL!!!!!! coffee, love....coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dang you.....

I JUST cleaned it up!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-07-12 10:28 AM
    huh?

She said "could very well be" and "most likely" and "might"

All of which leave room for error. Not once did she say that this is what happened, she merely offered a possible explanation.
    11-07-12 10:28 AM
    LOL!!!!!! coffee, love....coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dang you.....

I JUST cleaned it up!!!!!!!!!!!!
    so you lost it more than once eh?
    middbrew likes this.
    11-07-12 10:29 AM
    OK, now please tell me where I said I'm speaking for everyone. I posed a hypothesis, that's it.

What's your problem with me since you've been back??
    middbrew and reeneebob like this.
    11-07-12 10:29 AM
    YUP....my point....not a well defined question to base the poll on. An accurate poll will have clearly defined parameters.

That said....polls are inherently flawed....evidenced by the ubiquitous + or - verbiage in professional polls...

You have to define the question and all parameters within the question, publicise the time/date/length of the poll, define your sample size based on the population, determine the margin of error the pollster can live with. I don't think those considerations were taken in this instance.
    11-07-12 10:30 AM
    OK, now please tell me where I said I'm speaking for everyone. I posed a hypothesis, that's it.

What's your problem with me since you've been back??
    I'm the one who has a problem? Check your posts, you've been making quite an effort to engaje be briging past posts and past threads and arguments up into this one.
    11-07-12 10:38 AM
    In fact quite the opposite. Pantless was stating that people may have different ideas as to what constitutes bullying.
    11-07-12 10:39 AM
    I'm the one who has a problem? Check your posts, you've been making quite an effort to engaje be briging past posts and past threads and arguments up into this one.
    Asking to be able to view the infraction history of a member IS bringing up past actions (as well as future ones) isnt it? That, to me, is the entire reason on asking the question.If past actions dont matter, then why not create another sub forum where infractions are posted as well as punishments, but only for those going forward. That way it is in the open, there is a record, but the past is immaterial.
    11-07-12 10:40 AM
    Pantless/Sith: you might wanna let this one go. I'm also beginning to believe that he's putting folks on.
    11-07-12 10:40 AM
    When RELEVENT, yes. When the topic is bullying you bet I'll call out your own recent unnecessary remarks. I'd do that for anyone, though, if I caught such a discrepancy.
    diegonei likes this.
    11-07-12 10:42 AM
    Pantless/Sith: you might wanna let this one go. I'm also beginning to believe that he's putting folks on.
    He may or may not be, its hard to say. I have now offered several potential solutions to the initial question that would make sense based off of the posts and results in this thread. The first I have seen has gone largely unnoticed or has not been responded to. I am curious the response on the second. In either case (reply or not) I am not upset or anything of the like. I still am having a debate while having fun posts mixed in.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-07-12 10:43 AM
    Asking to be able to view the infraction history of a member IS bringing up past actions (as well as future ones) isnt it? That, to me, is the entire reason on asking the question.If past actions dont matter, then why not create another sub forum where infractions are posted as well as punishments, but only for those going forward. That way it is in the open, there is a record, but the past is immaterial.
    THANK YOU!!!
    middbrew likes this.
    11-07-12 10:45 AM
    Except only one of the past things she brought up was worthy of a warning, the rest were just arguments on different threads. So she's lableing me with past arguments already.

"But you said.........." In some thread a month ago
    11-07-12 10:49 AM
    Sure makes the discussion on the definition of bullying make a lot of sense, doesn't it?
    11-07-12 10:50 AM
    Sith - have I told you lately that I love you?
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    11-07-12 10:52 AM
    Sith - have I told you lately that I love you?
    Actions speak louder than words? haha
    11-07-12 10:57 AM
    That's a very good point. I only belong to two forums, this one and a beer brewing forum. The brewing forum is great as people don't bring personal agendas into the discussion. This one does, but as I'm not to overly emotional about about my devices (although I really like my BB stuff) I can check the personal stuff at the door.

If it was a forum like the dog training and I was a dog trainer the issues would be very personal and much more relevant.
    Exactly. Therefore the need to stay out of that debate. I will not shock any of my animals and I am opposed to such a barbaric practice.
    In this forum, I prefer not reading posters who judge me and question me on why I use the devices I use. My money, my choice. So in this instance, I prefer to not engage posters who question me on my choice of device.
    middbrew and reeneebob like this.
    11-07-12 10:59 AM
    Except only one of the past things she brought up was worthy of a warning, the rest were just arguments on different threads. So she's lableing me with past arguments already.

"But you said.........." In some thread a month ago
    Past actions are past actions. As the saying goes, the bell cannot be un-rung. Past actions speak to character, good or bad, for anyone. Everyone is judged on them after an initial meeting. This is not singling you out or anything of the like. PP is judged on hers, Q on hers, yours on your past actions, and I am on mine. This is just how it goes with any reputation system. (including the one in real life). Regardless of severity, if there is a pattern identified, true or not, it sticks.

If anyone watches the presidential (or any electoral) race, you will see this done constantly. What you say, what you do, is how you present yourself. It could be seconds ago, months ago, years ago. If someone remembers it, and it is even tangentially related to the situation, it will come up. Thats why people look back to college histories on Presidents etc. Something that is decades old is brought up and used for or against them.

This is not to say there can not be atonement or reconciliation. It just says that past actions, and more specifically the length, severity, and number of times, can make those much more difficult.
    11-07-12 10:59 AM
522 ... 18192021