View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    Gotcha. I didn't know if members of other mobile nations can see the thread or not. My guess is they don't care one way or the other ornelse they would vote.
    I'm guessing with the new passport system it will be easier to cross over and find a thread like this. But yeah, I too doubt they will.

Although I do hope it will get some to move between sites and add to some of the good discussions we have on CB, and like wise CBers going over there to add to the good discussions on those sites.
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    11-07-12 09:36 AM
    I know of 3 at least and they keep coming back lol
    11-07-12 09:36 AM
    Gotcha. I didn't know if members of other mobile nations can see the thread or not. My guess is they don't care one way or the other ornelse they would vote.

BTW I find it funny for those that have the OP on ignore yet they come in here knowing who started the thread. Way to ignore someone. LOL
    I am interested in the subject matter, since I voted. Evidently, given that the subject matter is of interest to me, I monitor the thread. Using the Ignore feature does not mean staying out of threads, it means using a forum tool with the purpose of not engaging a particular member.
    11-07-12 09:37 AM
    Who all has BD on ignore? I can only thing of one person, and they haven't said much here.
    I have the OP on Ignore. However, the thread itself is visible.
    pantlesspenguin and middbrew like this.
    11-07-12 09:39 AM
    Who all has BD on ignore? I can only thing of one person, and they haven't said much here.
    I'm thinking maybe me. BD hasn't responded to any questions or comments I've made.

But either way I don't really care. This is an internet forum and personal feelings aren't important to me.
    11-07-12 09:40 AM
    I am interested in the subject matter, since I voted. Evidently, given that the subject matter is of interest to me, I monitor the thread. Using the Ignore feature does not mean staying out of threads, it means using a forum tool with the purpose of not engaging a particular member.
    That's fair. So you can see the thread even though it was started by someone you are ignoring, interesting. Must be just post of theirs you don't see then? How did you read the OP if you're ignoring him?
    11-07-12 09:41 AM
    Please show me where I'm asking you to speak for others. Maybe since I'm more open minded than some people on this site I was hoping for an actual discussion as to the pros and cons to a proposition you brought up. In the comments it was noted several times that this would bring about more problems than it would solve, yet the "numbers" told a different story. Your reasoning was that it would show you who to avoid. I'm posing there are already solutions in place for that.
    Then why do you insist on it? I didn't twist any "stuff" my opinion is that nobody had to voice their opinion, it was not asked in the poll to do so, only the people who voted no chose to do so.

And do you really thing a discussion is possible in this thread? It has been derailed over and over again and anybody that held the same view as me were and are ridiculed.

So how do you suggest we can discuss this in a civilized manner? It seems impossible to me.
    11-07-12 09:41 AM
    I know of 3 at least and they keep coming back lol
    Are those 3 responding directly to him? Otherwise I'd say ignore is working as intended for them.
    11-07-12 09:42 AM
    That's fair. So you can see the thread even though it was started by someone you are ignoring, interesting. Must be just post of theirs you don't see then? How did you read the OP if you're ignoring him?
    The title of the thread is visible. The poll is visible. Individual comments are not visible. Excepting when someone quotes, at which point the comments are visible and I simply don't engage.
    middbrew, reeneebob and kbz1960 like this.
    11-07-12 09:44 AM
    I feel that I can hold a discussion with anyone on the threads, regarding any matter. Convincing them or not, at the end of the day, is immaterial. Their life, their choice. Its a forum and as such is some place I go to socialize when others forms of socialization are limited (such as work).
    11-07-12 09:45 AM
    I'm thinking maybe me. BD hasn't responded to any questions or comments I've made.

But either way I don't really care. This is an internet forum and personal feelings aren't important to me.
    Let me rephrase that.

But either way I don't really care. This is an internet forum and personal feelings aren't important something I let get to me. At the end of the day, I will be just as happy with who I am no matter what the rest of the internet thinks about me and my opinions.
    11-07-12 09:50 AM
    I feel that I can hold a discussion with anyone on the threads, regarding any matter. Convincing them or not, at the end of the day, is immaterial. Their life, their choice. Its a forum and as such is some place I go to socialize when others forms of socialization are limited (such as work).
    Then why so much effort to convince us this poll is pointless and will not achieve anything? Was that the purpose of the poll?

No, the purpose was to see how many members hold the same view as me.

For such a pointless poll you seem to spend quite a bit of time in this thread. Why?
    11-07-12 09:51 AM
    Its a poll not a debate. The people have spoken in a democratic manner. The numbers don't lie no matter what you say when you quote this or reply, the opposing view is not the majority that voted. This is what the crackberry nation believes as the majority. Obviously this is asmall portion of the members but as with any poll not everyone shows up.Only more democratic way would be to put it on the home page. We realize that this is not a poll to get this to happen right now, however it does show what we believ, dispute it, don't dispute it. Numbers are at the top.
    We get it. The interwebz r sirius bizness.

This thread was still passive aggressively started to do nothing more than start trouble, something the OP is rather well known for.

Same old same old.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    middbrew likes this.
    11-07-12 09:56 AM
    Then why do you insist on it? I didn't twist any "stuff" my opinion is that nobody had to voice their opinion, it was not asked in the poll to do so, only the people who voted no chose to do so.

And do you really thing a discussion is possible in this thread? It has been derailed over and over again and anybody that held the same view as me were and are ridiculed.

So how do you suggest we can discuss this in a civilized manner? It seems impossible to me.
    Why do I insist on what? And I said that the "yes" voters were underrepresented in the comments. Instead of saying "I agree, the people who thought it was a good idea didn't post their reasons as much as those who didn't think it was a good idea," you said that the "no" voters were overrepresented to avoid agreeing with me. That's twisting.

And if you didn't think a civilized discussion was possible, why even post this thread in the first place? And there's a difference between disagreement and ridicule.
    middbrew likes this.
    11-07-12 09:57 AM
    Then why so much effort to convince us this poll is pointless and will not achieve anything? Was that the purpose of the poll?

No, the purpose was to see how many members hold the same view as me.

For such a pointless poll you seem to spend quite a bit of time in this thread. Why?
    I will answer both your questions.

1) the poll is statistically insignificant, and I gave ways to have the poll be significant. also you stated your purpose for the poll. I questioned where it was heading, to which you responded.
    2) The thread entertains me, and not only am I debating but also having nonsensical posts in the same thread. It is like a two for one special.
    middbrew and mikeo007 like this.
    11-07-12 09:57 AM
    What sucks is that when people quote the ignored we can still see it. But since I was on Tapatalk, all I saw were forum friends active in this thread. Had I realized the op off the bat, I would avoid it like the plague. Then it just turned into a car crash, with witty banter. For kbz, if the op is ignored, we can see the thread. And when it's got a title like this one and it was the #1 hot topic thread on the main page, yeah my curiosity was piqued.

I do enjoy witty banter.

11-07-12 09:59 AM
    Let me rephrase that.

But either way I don't really care. This is an internet forum and personal feelings aren't important something I let get to me. At the end of the day, I will be just as happy with who I am no matter what the rest of the internet thinks about me and my opinions.
    In other instances there are opinions that are so diametrically opposed to your own opinions or values that it is better to use a tool that renders the poster essentially invisible.

As an example - I belong to a forum that deals with dog training. In that forum, there are proponents of the use of electric shock collars to shock dogs into submission and to force them into complying with specific commands and behaviours. I am absolutely opposed to shocking a dog to ellicit a response that I can train with positive reinforcement such as a clicker and loads of cubed roasted chicken. So after repeated negative exchanges with that poster similar to the negative exchanges with the OP, I began using the Ignore functionality.

I retain my forum membership, engage in converstations I value, and keep from reading posts I would rather not see.
    11-07-12 10:00 AM
    Why do I insist on what? And I said that the "yes" voters were underrepresented in the comments. Instead of saying "I agree, the people who thought it was a good idea didn't post their reasons as much as those who didn't think it was a good idea," you said that the "no" voters were overrepresented to avoid agreeing with me. That's twisting.

And if you didn't think a civilized discussion was possible, why even post this thread in the first place? And there's a difference between disagreement and ridicule.
    I lost my thanks button.

Thanks.
    11-07-12 10:01 AM
    I have noticed that if you are the last post on a page whilst quoting (you just post and it refreshes and you want to hit thanks/like to posts that occurred AFTER you started yours, you are unable to hit like/thanks.
    middbrew likes this.
    11-07-12 10:07 AM
    What sucks is that when people quote the ignored we can still see it. But since I was on Tapatalk, all I saw were forum friends active in this thread. Had I realized the op off the bat, I would avoid it like the plague. Then it just turned into a car crash, with witty banter. For kbz, if the op is ignored, we can see the thread. And when it's got a title like this one and it was the #1 hot topic thread on the main page, yeah my curiosity was piqued.

I do enjoy witty banter.

Thanks for the info and sorry someone quoted me so you could see what I said. I can't help that.

Edit: I guess someone will have to quote this if you see it lol.
    11-07-12 10:09 AM
    I have noticed that if you are the last post on a page whilst quoting (you just post and it refreshes and you want to hit thanks/like to posts that occurred AFTER you started yours, you are unable to hit like/thanks.

AHA!!! A bug...
    11-07-12 10:10 AM
    Same here, have to refresh again to get them back.
    11-07-12 10:12 AM
    In other instances there are opinions that are so diametrically opposed to your own opinions or values that it is better to use a tool that renders the poster essentially invisible.

As an example - I belong to a forum that deals with dog training. In that forum, there are proponents of the use of electric shock collars to shock dogs into submission and to force them into complying with specific commands and behaviours. I am absolutely opposed to shocking a dog to ellicit a response that I can train with positive reinforcement such as a clicker and loads of cubed roasted chicken. So after repeated negative exchanges with that poster similar to the negative exchanges with the OP, I began using the Ignore functionality.

I retain my forum membership, engage in conversations I value, and keep from reading posts I would rather not see.
    That's a very good point. I only belong to two forums, this one and a beer brewing forum. The brewing forum is great as people don't bring personal agendas into the discussion. This one does, but as I'm not to overly emotional about about my devices (although I really like my BB stuff) I can check the personal stuff at the door.

If it was a forum like the dog training and I was a dog trainer the issues would be very personal and much more relevant.
    11-07-12 10:13 AM
    Why do I insist on what? And I said that the "yes" voters were under represented in the comments. Instead of saying "I agree, the people who thought it was a good idea didn't post their reasons as much as those who didn't think it was a good idea," you said that the "no" voters were over represented to avoid agreeing with me. That's twisting.

But I don't agree with you, how can they be underepresented if it was never requested or requited of them to represent?

Just because the no voters decided to voice their objection doesn't mean the yes voters had to follow.
    11-07-12 10:14 AM
    AHA!!! A bug...
    Yeah, I havent reported it because I have not done enough testing to confirm. But this would be my suspicions. I started this right after your post Q 11:10am and I am going to sit on it until 11:15am in hopes someone will post after I started the quote.

Someone play the jeopardy song.

Do do do do do do do....do do do do do, do do do do do... do do do do do do do do... do, do do do do... do... do... do do

Alright still have some time to kill

Man this wait is killing me...

The reply box walls are closing in around me...

Its starting to get dark and the air is getting thin...

I dont know how much longer I can last...

It is becoming very difficult to breathe....

Someone help me.....

I have tried clawing my wait out to no avail....

Oh its 11:15 now time to post. That wasnt so bad
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-07-12 10:15 AM
522 ... 1718192021