View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    Ok Folks...

Been browsing through this thread.... without focusing on the specific problem/suggestion, but looking at the broader solution... I do have an idea of sorts.... a VISION if you will....

Bottom line, I want to make these forums ROCK. Rock Hard. Rock like they've never rocked before. I have a ton of things I want to see us do in the forums, including addressing issues/ideas like this as we need to, but unfortunately there are not quite enough hours in the day for me to execute on all the things I want to see us do here...

Soo.... we put more hours in the day.

How?

I think it's time we bring onboard the Mobile Nations team a new person dedicated to Forums Management / Community Relations on CrackBerry and across our forum communities. This person will work with our existing moderation teams on CrackBerry and across our sites to ensure fair and consistent moderation of all forums. This person will also work within the community to foster great community relations and member relations, get the community engaged in more ways than we ever have before, reward the community for awesome member contributions, moderator contributions and much, much, much more.

It's brilliant. Prepare for awesomeness. We're gonna take this community beyond what it's ever been. Stay tuned.

Kevin
    I really like the first idea. When you figure out how to add more hours in the day please share!

As far as the other idea, I think that is a very good idea. I think the current mods on the CB site are not enough as it has an extremely larger population than the other sites. But a uniform governing body across sites is a good idea.

There may eventually become a uniform forum across platforms yet. It does seem like that is the ultimate goal and a good one at that.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-06-12 09:34 PM
    Just give me a list of any bullies and their home addresses...

I'll fire up the CrackBerry Trans-Am... nicknamed Troll Killer... hit the road and show up at Bully's doorstep with long hair, moustache and hard liquor in hand. Then we'll get drunk. Then we'll get to the real root of the bullying. Then we'll drink the bullying away.

Or something like that. Lol. Sorry.. literally sitting here working on our Mobile Nations Passport upgrade (single sign on project), watching elections, and having a beer in hand and forum cruising. Too much multitasking make Kevin go crazy.
    As a good Canadian chap, there's only one bully you need to be concerned with right now, his name is Gary Bettman and he's ruining our winter!
    11-06-12 09:34 PM

I'll fire up the CrackBerry Trans-Am... nicknamed Troll Killer... hit the road and show up at Bully's doorstep with long hair, moustache and hard liquor in hand. Then we'll get drunk. Then we'll get to the real root of the bullying. Then we'll drink the bullying away.

Or something like that. Lol. Sorry.. literally sitting here working on our Mobile Nations Passport upgrade (single sign on project), watching elections, and having a beer in hand and forum cruising. Too much multitasking make Kevin go crazy.
    LOL, although I still don't think that bullying means what the OP thinks it means.

I'm watching Fox News. As a Canadian, I am finding it greatly entertaining to watch Fox LOSE IT'S SH1T. It's hysterical.

As a good Canadian chap, there's only one bully you need to be concerned with right now, his name is Gary Bettman and he's ruining our winter!
    I want to hit Gary Bettman in the face repeatedly with a rabid beaver.

Oh noes, now that Kevin has posted but not said he is going to implement the request of the OP, and was sorta off topic about it, will the OP lose his ish over Kevin's post too?

Will Robin ever pull his weight with the Caped Crusader?

Why does Christian Bale growl whilst speaking as the Batman?

Tune in for these answers and more, next week, same bat time and same bat station.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    11-06-12 09:35 PM

If that's the case, I'm a bully! Come on over and we will drink and get some issues worked out.
    11-06-12 09:37 PM
    Re: Post above.. our goal is definitely never to change our current platform-specific forums... I always want to maintain that. So we wouldn't unify all the separate forums into one forum. That would ruin things.

That said, once we roll out Mobile Nations Passport, we could always launch a new forum fairly easily... maybe a cross platform discussion one. Keeps the individual existing forums more focused on their specific platforms, and then we also have a place that's specifically geared towards cross platform discussion and debate. Best of both worlds. And thanks to the new Passport account platform, existing members could easily become a member of that new forum in literally one click.

So much to do... Really, really excited though. Can't wait to see where we're at in a few more months.
    middbrew, Alex_Hong and xandermac like this.
    11-06-12 09:40 PM
    CrackBerry / Mobile Nations Meetups coming your way in 2013!!
    11-06-12 09:41 PM
    Re: Post above.. our goal is definitely never to change our current platform-specific forums... I always want to maintain that. So we wouldn't unify all the separate forums into one forum. That would ruin things.

That said, once we roll out Mobile Nations Passport, we could always launch a new forum fairly easily... maybe a cross platform discussion one. Keeps the individual existing forums more focused on their specific platforms, and then we also have a place that's specifically geared towards cross platform discussion and debate. Best of both worlds. And thanks to the new Passport account platform, existing members could easily become a member of that new forum in literally one click.

So much to do... Really, really excited though. Can't wait to see where we're at in a few more months.
    Yes, I wasn't really thinking of just one forum across all sites as much as a discussion across all sites. We have a lot of members here on the CB site that use other devices that have great input. I really like your idea of moving between forums easily as many people these days have multiple devices for personal and work reasons and need such access.
    11-06-12 09:47 PM
    WOW what a night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and this issue resolved....all's well that ends well.....
    middbrew likes this.
    11-06-12 11:20 PM
    I'm sitting back and reading the back and forth banter between some of you and was reminded of when I first joined CrackBerry in 2008. In light of Kevin's comments regarding community, I've come to realize that's exactly what CB was then...a community. It was a place where people were fans of smartphones in general or BlackBerries specifically, and most importantly, none of us took ourselves or our devices too seriously.

I've also come to realize that the forums are somewhat a reflection of the state of RIM. 2007-08, they were on top of the smartphone game, and arguably so was CB at the time when it came to BlackBerry forums. As the years went by and RIM started to go downhill, the forums declined somewhat with it. They're starting to show signs of life again, and at the same time, I'm starting to see the signs of community that was once a big part of the forums here.

Kevin, I think you have a great idea. Like RIM with BlackBerry 10, I'm looking forward to seeing CrackBerry get back to basics and come back stronger than ever.
    11-06-12 11:29 PM

Let's just cut directly to the important question - What kind of beer are you drinking? (This could be a bigger opinion changer than what smartphone you use)
    howarmat and middbrew like this.
    11-07-12 12:02 AM
    forums are to share information and help fix issues and get updates on different topics not to have a bad attitud.

Nice poll
    11-07-12 12:05 AM
    Yep. Check the attitude at the door. Oh, and to have fun. Forums should be fun.

forums are to share information and help fix issues and get updates on different topics not to have a bad attitud.

Nice poll
    Alex_Hong, Toodeurep and middbrew like this.
    11-07-12 12:08 AM

Someone mentioned earlier on the thread that they hoped that one day we would have a Mobile Nations Forum in addition to the individual device forums. I too think this would be a great idea. A general lounge or global off topic something that all the sites' forums could provide links to and that we could promote as it's own entity.

Otherwise I look forward to working with the new manager! That too sounds like a great idea.
    middbrew and diegonei like this.
    11-07-12 12:15 AM
    Of course I understand that you and other people hold a different view. How did you come to the conclusion that I didn't? I'm saying it's funny that the people who have voted "yes" are under represented in the comments, whereas the "no" voters have overwhelmingly commented in the thread as to why they don't think it's necessary. No, conversation about the topic may not have been necessary, but it's just interesting (how's that instead of funny?) that those who voted yes haven't really came out as to why they think it would be a good idea.
    I would say those that voted no are way over represented, don't you think?
    11-07-12 01:15 AM
    I'm sitting back and reading the back and forth banter between some of you and was reminded of when I first joined CrackBerry in 2008. In light of Kevin's comments regarding community, I've come to realize that's exactly what CB was then...a community. It was a place where people were fans of smartphones in general or BlackBerries specifically, and most importantly, none of us took ourselves or our devices too seriously.

I've also come to realize that the forums are somewhat a reflection of the state of RIM. 2007-08, they were on top of the smartphone game, and arguably so was CB at the time when it came to BlackBerry forums. As the years went by and RIM started to go downhill, the forums declined somewhat with it. They're starting to show signs of life again, and at the same time, I'm starting to see the signs of community that was once a big part of the forums here.

Kevin, I think you have a great idea. Like RIM with BlackBerry 10, I'm looking forward to seeing CrackBerry get back to basics and come back stronger than ever.
    THIS.
    middbrew likes this.
    11-07-12 01:46 AM
    Yep. Check the attitude at the door. Oh, and to have fun. Forums should be fun.
    Check yo' self before yo' wreck yo' self! lol.
    Rickroller likes this.
    11-07-12 01:56 AM
    WooHoo!!!!

Mobile Nations Passport is LIVE!

Easily access all of Mobile Nations, all with one account! You can now also register and login via Facebook, Twitter, Google and Microsoft!

Your most-requested feature is finally here! Instead of having to maintain separate account logins and passwords for each and every one of our five communities -- Android Central, CrackBerry, iMore, Windows Phone Central and webOS Nation -- with Mobile Nations Passport you can now access all of your favorite sites with one easy login.

Now, don't worry! Even though we've unified our account management, we know and love the unique identities of each of our sites as much as you do, and we're not changing that. The power to control which sites you want your account to be associated with is still all in your hands -- we're making it easy, not automatic and certainly not mandatory. We're also maintaining your individual post history and forum profile on a site by site basis, so you get the recognition you deserve for each and every platform.

The video above will give you a quick, two-minute run-down of how Mobile Nations Passport works. Watch it, and then register or, for existing members, simply login to activate your Passport now!
    11-07-12 02:02 AM
    Sorry to hear that Ben. Hope you are feeling better. I had surgery two weeks ago (So I took a few days off as well)

I don't see it happening. Belfast, you can always put em on ignore. After a few weeks they will get the memo and stop messaging you. If the personal attacks are that bad, then you may want to report the offending post and move on. When people talk about transparency, they usually mean in the way something is run, not disclosure of details in the users profiles and actions. Personally I don't think we have a right to have people's infractions show up for all to see. I am sure if someone receives multiple infractions then they would be banned after a certain number, right? The system seems to work as it stands. I can also see some users never posting as their number of infractions would detract from their message(Some arguments get really personal, right?)
    Thanks you. I'm feeling alot better now. Hope your surgery went well.
    11-07-12 05:06 AM
    That said, once we roll out Mobile Nations Passport, we could always launch a new forum fairly easily... maybe a cross platform discussion one.
    YES! A no rules melee...
    11-07-12 05:48 AM
    i like having a virtual pub, if you will, to discuss all platforms. I'm VERY interested in Windows.
    11-07-12 06:01 AM
    YES! A no rules melee...
    You think that would work any better than the OP's idea? No rules will cause more mayhem than people seeing who has been bad.
    11-07-12 06:19 AM
    I would say those that voted no are way over represented, don't you think?
    Why do you purposely twist stuff for the sole purpose of disagreeing?? Yes voters under represented/no voters over represented means the SAME THING, that the yes voters voted but didn't provide reasons, whereas no voters voted and provided reasons. Due to the majority of poll votes being "yes" one would think they would express their opinion just the same as the no voters. That's it.
    middbrew likes this.
    11-07-12 07:24 AM
    LOL I saw some reasons but mostly I see a 50000 challenge thread

Who knows why supporters of the other side aren't chiming in, they don't want to be bullied?
    11-07-12 07:30 AM
    This is what I said when I started the thread:

"I cant help noticing since coming back that there's a group of people treating this forum as their personal playground and seem to bully everybody that hold a different opinion then them"

Now if this thread is not used as a personal playground right now then what is?

Call me crazy.
    I, for one, addressed your question, then since you went to say that this thread has no direction, a direction was chosen for you. This is a forum, moderated, and the moderators/administrators are the ones that decide things. Members here have little to no say in the government of the boards. Anything that is said here is NOT covered under free speech, and if anyone does like it, they are not forced to bear witness to it. Obviously the mods (at least up until page 15) dont see an issue with this thread. That should give you some indication of not only the validity of your initial question (and follow up posts) but also that perhaps you need to relax a touch.
    11-07-12 07:33 AM

I am a newcomer here, so I don't know what the forum was once like. I think they key issue is, is that is 2012 and a great deal of people use more than one type of device. It's possible for me to like my Playbook AND like my iPhone. Or for someone to like their Blackberry, and like their iPad. For people to derail threads by throwing up comments that stereotype an insult all users of a certain brand at this point in time is just ridiculous.
    11-07-12 07:35 AM
522 ... 1516171819 ...