View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    No popcorn? What is this blasphemy? We need more popcorn!
    I ate it all.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-06-12 03:43 PM
    I ate it all.

Well thanks for nothing!
    11-06-12 03:44 PM
    Now, now, don't be too quick to ascribe the OP's behaviour to malice. I prefer to use Hanlon's Razor in these ambiguous cases.

It starts out as: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by..."
    .....lack of sleep???

Food????

Booze????

Social skills?????

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-06-12 03:46 PM
    .....lack of sleep???

Food????

Booze????

Social skills?????

I'm glad you stopped there...
    pantlesspenguin and Cesare21 like this.
    11-06-12 03:47 PM
    Any infractions/warnings/etc. that a user has been issued should be between the user and the moderators.
    11-06-12 03:52 PM
    Any infractions/warnings/etc. that a user has been issued should be between the user and the moderators.
    I remember once, way back when I was a sweet and tender lass, nearly killing myself in Madrid while taking a turn on a Vespa....

11-06-12 04:01 PM
    Vespajet, that is a flagrantly on-topic post.
    You are hereby warned and given one trip to the woodshed. Since, from your public list of warnings and infractions, I see that this is your first offence, you have a choice....

pants on or pants off
    11-06-12 04:04 PM
    Vespajet, that is a flagrantly on-topic post.
    You are hereby warned and given one trip to the woodshed. Since, from your public list of warnings and infractions, I see that this is your first offence, you have a choice....

pants on or pants off

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there. Vespajet hasn't had the proper training. A few days in the 50K thread should just about do it.
    11-06-12 04:11 PM
    He needs to be pantless for admittance. Kinda like the Scotsman....

middbrew and Sith_Apprentice like this.
    11-06-12 04:19 PM
    He needs to be pantless for admittance. Kinda like the Scotsman....

Well, strictly speaking, he may already be in the club. The OP hasn't supplied us with the official members list yet.
    11-06-12 04:27 PM
    Well, strictly speaking, he may already be in the club. The OP hasn't supplied us with the official members list yet.
    Oh the OP is not in the 50K Club.

We're horrible bullies there. The WHOLE thread is off topic.

Not his cuppa....

middbrew and reeneebob like this.
    11-06-12 04:31 PM
    As a reminder, "yes" has won/is winning.
    11-06-12 04:35 PM
    You should act quickly then! Write a sternly worded letter to the powers that be and inform them that a small minority of crackberry members demand that they find new forum software to deploy a "dirty laundry airing" system for forum goers.
    11-06-12 04:40 PM
    Leading in vote count would be a better way to putting it. The vote hasn't won anything.
    11-06-12 04:41 PM
    I am gonna leave you with a few plagiarized tips, from one of today's newspapers, and a suggestion.

12 tips to deal with a bully at work Crackberry Forums
    � Nip bullying at work in the threads in the bud
    � Don�t personalize this
    Realize you might not be the only one being bullied by this person at work in the threads.
    Bullying is usually the issue of the bully but unfortunately if you are a recipient of this inappropriate behaviour you need to be alert and recognize the signs. Depending on the situation, there are different ways of responding to bullying.

� Establish your boundaries
    If you feel like you're being bullied, take action.
    You need to be aware of your own boundaries so you know how when a line is crossed and can choose to take appropriate response.

� Be courageous
    Don't let a bully intimidate you.
    Do not let the bully intimidate you. Their behaviour is wrong and you need to muster up your own courage and conviction to deal with this effectively. Sometimes reflecting this courage with professionalism and restraint can deter the bully if they think you won�t �buy in� to their tactics. Unfortunately, they may move on to another target.

� Engage assertively but carefully and professionally
    Let a bully know their behaviour is unacceptable.
    Have a direct conversation with the bully first and let them know when their behaviour is unacceptable. Sometimes standing up confidently and professionally might deter further bullying (but they may seek another target). Never stoop to their level � do not �bully back�!

� Document everything
    Write down all bullying incidents
    As much as possible keep a written record of communications, events, e-mails and so on. If necessary, pull out your iPhone BlackBerry or other video or tape recording device in a meeting with the bully and record any threatening interchanges. Take notes after the meetings including time, date, incident and witnesses. When it�s time to escalate the situation you will need to show the history. And if the bully does something to put your career posting in jeopardy, your records will help protect you.

� Remind the bully about workplace CrackBerry Forum policies
    Let the bully know about the company's policies against bullying
    Remind the bully that the organization Forum has anti-harassment and anti-discrimination policies and if they do not stop their bullying behaviour that you will make a claim to the organization Forum officials.

� Stand up to the bully
    Sometimes a bully will back down when someone stands up to him or her
    Like bullies in the school yard, bullies in the workplace forums will usually stand down when confronted by someone they are trying to bully. Bullies usually only pick on people that they think that they can get away with it. Directly confront the bully, but not in a way that addresses how it makes you feel. Assertively and very directly, tell the person to stop with the negative language. Tell them their behaviour offers no value and to stop. An assertive, boarding on aggressive, approach can stop a bully in their tracks. Staff should not hesitate to say no to the intimidating behaviour and state that they will not tolerate such behaviour.

� Escalate when necessary
    If the bullying continues, report the bully to the appropriate organization forum officials � HR or anti-harassment officer and your boss (only if he/she is not the bully). Know that you are likely not alone. The bully is likely bullying other staff in the workplaces in the forum.

� Contact the manners police if necessary
    If it's bad enough, let the manners police know.
    If the bully is threatening bodily harm or attacks you then report it to the manners police. Fill out an incident report that will also go to company forum officials.

� Seek support and get counselling
    You don't need to deal with bullying alone
    If you notice others being bullied by this individual reach out to support each other and stand in unison. Encourage staff members who have been threatened or bullied to seek support from counsellors from the company�s EAP (employee assistanct program) or EFAP program manners police if they are having on-going anxiety or mental health issues as a result of the incidents

� Encourage education at your workplace forums you frequent
    Educate your work force posters about workplace bullying
    Encourage your organization forums to provide seminars on dealing with bullies in the workplace threads including education on the appropriate company or organization forum policies and procedures � for example, anti-harassment and anti-discrimination. If the company forums does not have the policies encourage them to create them and bring in guest speakers and experts on bullying and/or creating a respectful workplace to speak to the organization/company.

CompaniesCrackberrians: Deal with bullies promptly
    Companies Forums need to be on the lookout for bullies at work
    Organizations and companies Forums need to deal quickly with bullies in the workplace. Bullies need to know that their actions will not be tolerated and if they continue then they will be in jeopardy of losing their job vital organs. They also need to know that their interactions with staff and clients posters will be closely monitored until they can display appropriate behaviour and interaction with others. Bullies should also be referred to anger management and respectful workplace posting seminars. They need to learn the impact and the consequences of their inappropriate behaviours. Referral to an EAP/EFAP counsellor bartender is often appropriate since bullies often have been bullied themselves and have a number of confidence and mental health issues to resolve themselves.

My suggestion is to create a "Psycho Ward" section where you "enter at your own risk" and discuss till you're blue/red in the face.

Good luck.
    11-06-12 04:43 PM
    You should act quickly then! Write a sternly worded letter to the powers that be and inform them that a small minority of crackberry members demand that they find new forum software to deploy a "dirty laundry airing" system for forum goers.
    Smaller minority have said they dont want it. The votes are in. Comment and quote all you like. The undisputable democratic opinion is at the top of this thread.
    11-06-12 04:49 PM
    Smaller minority have said they dont want it. The votes are in. Comment and quote all you like. The undisputable democratic opinion is at the top of this thread.
    Lol, forums are a democracy now?

I hope other votes garner more than a 0.003% voter turnout.
    11-06-12 04:53 PM
    As a reminder, this was never an "official" CrackBerry poll. It wasn't put forth by Kevin or any other admin or mod. It was made by a single member who thought the ignore feature wasn't enough for him.
    mikeo007, reeneebob and Alex_Hong like this.
    11-06-12 05:11 PM
    LOL. I think you may have overestimated the impact of this thread.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    pantlesspenguin and Alex_Hong like this.
    11-06-12 05:12 PM
    Lol, forums are a democracy now?

I hope other votes garner more than a 0.003% voter turnout.
    Technically, the voter turnout for this poll is 0.00003%
    11-06-12 05:15 PM
    Which would mean that 0.0000179% liked the idea or at least cared enough to vote.
    11-06-12 05:18 PM
    Wait.... there's a poll?
    xandermac likes this.
    11-06-12 05:19 PM
    Wait.... there's a poll?
    Normally I wouldn't be as angry with you, but that was my last beer you just made me spit all over the screen. Where are my keys? I'll be back in 20 minutes assuming the cops don't pull me over.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    11-06-12 05:26 PM
    This is what I said when I started the thread:

"I cant help noticing since coming back that there's a group of people treating this forum as their personal playground and seem to bully everybody that hold a different opinion then them"

Now if this thread is not used as a personal playground right now then what is?

Call me crazy.
    11-06-12 05:35 PM
    Winning at what? LOL. You didn't think anyone actually took this seriously, did you?
    11-06-12 05:40 PM
522 ... 1314151617 ...